SmartLipo: Real Results, Really Happy!!

I had my love handles done 3 weeks ago and my...

I had my love handles done 3 weeks ago and my lower abs/tummy done one week ago today. I read all the reviews on this site, researched the facility & doctors and decided to move forward.

My discomfort during and after the procedure was higher than I had expected. I talked to a lot of patients who've had this and they had very little discomfort. I think I have a high tolerance for drugs so the valium wore off me quickly and I was super nervous. I was very sore for a week but I was able to go back to work the next day, I just moved slower.

I thought my surgeon was fabulous. He was skilled and managed my expectations and took time explaining everything to me. He really exceeded my expectations, as did the nurses and staff. I think picking the right place is crucial.

It's 3 weeks later and I can already see how sculpted I am going to look. I am so excited to see full results within a few weeks. I have that hourglass/curvy body back and I can't wait.

I would recommend that people find surgeons that perform this procedure ALL the time. Not someone who does Botox and boob jobs all day and only does SmartLipo once a week. Someone who is an expert at it. Ask how many cases they do a week, make sure they don't just know how to do it but that they SPECIALIZE in it. Ask lots of questions. It's a personal decision to do this but the patient needs to be armed with information.

I would DEFINITELY go through with this again. Overall, it was a wonderful experience, my surgeon rocked it and my results are very pleasing to me...I am a new (hotter) version of myself!!!

Dr. Saul Lahijani at Final Inches

The procedure is VERY safe, great for sculpting and very little downtime.

Hi! I'm typing on my phone right now so pls view my review for my areas and exact dates. But I has two sessions; one week apart. I am VERY happy so far! I just started doing core exercises 3 days ago. & then I ran for the first time in 5 weeks 2.5 miles outside with 4 steep inclines) & I feel great! How d u doin?
Don't be depressed! You really need to decide if you were expecting too much from this procedure or if it's just the swelling. For me, it was swelling. It took a couple weeks to see results. I'm 4 weeks out from the loves and 2 weeks from belly and everyone can tell -- but at first, I didn't see anything dramatic. If you are in an XS garment, you're a small person to begin with and probably didn't need a lot of refinement so perhaps you were expecting too much? With that being said, your body is retaining fluid and your tissue is healing. You need time! wear the garment. It actually made me feel more comforted wearing it. Mine felt way too small too but the tighter the better. It will help your tissues heal faster. After a couple weeks, I would take it off a couple times a day just for an hour to give me a breather. But I'm still wearing it! I think in the end you'll be really happy with your results!!! Let me know hwow you feel in a few weeks...hang in there!
Hi Mgallagator~ I'm feeling a little better today. I went in for my follow up this morning, and the doctor said I am healing well. I think that perhaps it was the swelling, I am starting to see a difference now (one week out). Yes, I am in an xs garment, and now doc wants to put me in a double xsmall!! I don't know if I can get myself into that size, but I guess I should follow doctor's orders and attempt to squeeze into it. As long as I can take it off periodically for a breather. Thanks for the support, it means more than you could ever know :)
I'm so glad you feel better!!! I think sometimes we don't realize that it's actually a procedure & our bodies need time to heal. Then we worry about the cost & think that if we don't get amazing results, it wasn't worth it! Just do what they tell you! And go for the 6-week follow up especially. If you don't see the results you wanted, talk to the doctor about it. He can tell you if you were being unrealistic or if you need a touch-up. They will definitely make sure you got the best results & they want to make sure you're happy. The important thing is to follow all instructions & be open and honest with the doctor. At first I thought he was crazy because I didn't see results either. I thought he was just saying it to make me feel better but he's trained & can see what's swollen and what results are. For us real people, it takes some time. If you can't squeeze into a smaller garment, don't worry about it. Just wear the one they gave you. As your swelling goes down, the garment will really help shape you. I hate getting in & out of it but really, if that's the worst part in all this, it it so worth it. Remember, the money we're spending on ourselves is an investment in our bodies and our self-confidence so we need to be good patients, do what we're told and let the doc know if we're not happy. Otherwise he can't fix it! It sounds like now that you're seeing results, you feel much better, which is great. I am totally loving my new shape & I know you will too. If you need anything, just let me know...I'm actually thinking about getting another area done! :0
Thank you, mgallagator. I just had my inner thighs, arms, upper/lower back, upper/lower abs and rolls done last Thursday and was beginning to get a tid bit discouraged because I am not where I need to be yet. But I will give it more time because I could/can see immediate results as far as SHAPE is concerned... But as far as fitting into my size 5s again, no so much.. And as far as seeing all of the fat in my back completely gone yet, not so much, but certainly different. I will post some pics and share my story hopefully by tomorrow.
Wow, that's a lot of areas, good for you! Did they do them all in one session? I want to go back for my back fat. I know the back has thicker skin so sometimes it takes longer to see results. Right now, you're swollen and still full of fluid so as your tissue heals and the fluid disappates, you'll start to see your body shrink a bit. It took me 3-4 weeks to REALLY see/enjoy the results and I know I won't fully see results for another month or so...we have to be patient. Are you wearing the garments because I do believe they help the tissue heal better and faster. If you're going to be a size 5, you're tiny & hot!! My before and after photo of my loves isn't that dramatic looking but when I'm in clothes, it totally is. Kinda weird but true. I didn't take photos myself of my tummy but hopefully Final Inches will give me my photos and I can share them. Are you happy so far? I am happier than I imagined I would be!
Final Inches actually EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS! You'll be relaxed once you get there and when you leave there, you will be FABULOUS! :-)
I am scheduled to have Smart Lipo on upper and lower abs/love handles with this same doctor. I am getting rather nervous about the whole thing and I am hoping for positive results.
I was a BASKET CASE! I am a high anxiety person to begin with so I completely understand your nerves. Let me just say that the staff is compassionate and smart and they will take wonderful care of you. They will also give you a valium so you'll be totally awake but relaxed and calm. They also numb the area so you won't feel a thing. Once in awhile I would feel a little "prick" that I compare to when you pluck your eyebrows. The doctor was great too. He really made sure that he got a lot of fat out and that I was even. He's so nice and knows what he's doing. You're in good hands, I promise! I would encourage you to FOCUS ON THE RESULTS. This sounds so vain but every time I get dressed in the morning, I almost admire myself! My waist & hips look like they did when I was 20, people are giving me compliments ALL THE TIME and it's WONDERFUL. I hope that doesn't sound too shallow but I know you're going to be happy. I think Final Inches is amazing. I've worked in medical marketing for years so I know what to look for and you're at the best place possible and I know you're going to look amazing. Just take some deep breaths, close your eyes and picture your new figure, your next shopping spree, your friends' envy, etc...GOOD LUCK! You can do this!!
Had my upper/lower abs and love handles done on 10-20-09. I'm now 3 weeks post op. the swelling in my lower ab area is slowly going away. Nothing to be nervous about. Just had my inner/outer thighs done a week ago. Take your ipod and just relax and listen to your favorite tunes. There's a little bit of pain but it also tickled when he was doing my upper abs. Just remember results take time. I took measurements the morning of the surgery and placed them in my file........good luck. Dr. Saul is a perfectionist !!!
Well I did it. I was so nervous, but once they gave me the valium I was more relaxed. The doctor and staff were great. The nurse named Anita was really wonderful. However, I feel as though the image I had in my head of how I would look is making me depressed. Depressed because this was a costly procedure both in money, and stress it caused within my family. I keep reading that it takes time for the results to be obvious, and I am hoping that this is the case for me, but I think I still look the same. I see a small difference in my waist line, but the side view of my abs looks the same (yuk) and those big fat love handles still appear to be there. Perhaps it is swelling. This compression garment is the pits, it is very uncomfortable and difficult for me to breathe, I am wondering if they put me in the wrong size (XS) perhaps a small would have allowed me to breathe. Thanks for responding to my post. I will post periodically about the image I see appearing or not. Perhaps this procedure only works wonders on some and not others.
Had the same dr., I think he did a good job. Im 12 days post op. Had love handles flanks and upper and lower abs done. Still have some swelling in my lower stomach and some ropes/knots on my sides where the compression garment is tight.Have already lost 2 1/2 inches in my waist Having my saddlebags (hence the nickname) and inner thighs done on Nov 4th. Can't wait I've had those damn things since puberty.
I am 4 weeks out on the loves and almost 2 weeks out on the lower abs. I still have knots in the tummy. The swelling has gone down a lot and I feel great. The curves I have back are really amazing. I wore jeans this weekend and I looked so HOT!! I am even happier than I thought I would be -- I'm actually THRILLED. I have to purchase a stage 2 garment but if it helps the skin, I'm down with it. I didn't take my measurements before the procedure and I am cursing myself for that. But visually, the changes are truly amazing (and I was a skeptic). I think Dr. Saul did an incredible job and the entire staff at Final Inches is the best. I am so happy I went there. They are skilled professionals but also very kind and thoughtful people. I am thinking of going back for my back and my arms....