SmartLipo Flanks, Inner/Outer Thighs, Tummy (142lb, Size 9) - Calhoun, GA

Surgery Day July 23th, 2009 I was nervous but...

Surgery Day July 23th, 2009

I was nervous but the staff and doctor was WONDERFUL!! I did all the pre op requests.... taking the medicines and usuing the herbal tabs suggested to reduce swelling.

I was put under anestesia. I'm assuming they put a tube in my throat, it's soar and I didn't realize it until just now..., 9 hours later.

My pain meds have worn off and it's kinda uncomfortalble as we speak, so I'll continue to take thme for the next day or too.

The anesthesiologist was great too!! very professioal.. everyone was.  So I go in, they give me antibiotics via iv, then went directly into room and was out in like 5 seconds from when I laid on the table. It was quick to me!! An hour and half. though. Very easy, low pain. But, it is day one, so we will see. They called me to check on me, but I missed the call, lol.

I do not see any changes quiet yet.  I can tell that my pants are a little loser.  I have not removed the garmet to see.

So far, very very low uncomforable pain. It hurts to sit down, but I bear through it. I mostly lay down.

I'll post PostOp pictures tomorrow!

I am still sore today, my body is swollen. My feet...

I am still sore today, my body is swollen. My feet swelled pretty bad, so I slept w/my body and feel elevated and it's went down. My right hip feels a little numb to the touch, but it's really  tight from everything...  It's easier to move around day by day.

I will post images weekly/biweekly so you can see results. I cut my pain meds in half, just enough to knock the edge off and keep my blood thinned.  It also made me tired.

I didn't see my last update above, but I became dizzy as the blood pressure dropped the first time I took my garmet off. I also became nausiated and had to lay down. I was thankful I had someone with me. My doctor told me it was normal and it may happen again.. that it was just from being compressed im the garmet.  With that said, this discussion is  not a substitution for your doctors care and/or advise and is not to be taken as such.

Otherwise, feel free to ask away. I'll post more picts on the 31st of July.

Post OP - Day 8 I'm still bruised and the...

Post OP - Day 8

I'm still bruised and the swelling is starting to subside.  My body is still very sore to the touch. I can't wait until I can return to the gym! Better yet, shop for clothing :)

I'm posting some picts and you can start to see a difference in appearance, but not too much. I think I'm more swollen than the day one pictures. The doctor took out 2 liters of fat cells, wow. He said I could wear the garmet on and off this week, but I think I'll keep it on until the end of the week just because I feel more comfortable. I then will start taking it off bit by bit.

POST OP Day 15 I cannot believe it's...

POST OP Day 15

I cannot believe it's already been two weeks since the procedure. I started feeling like normal again yesterday. A little sore to the touch, but I can now get in and out of my car with ease. I started back excercising yesterday too.... my muscles hurt today though, lol.  But, I would say that it takes about a good 2 weeks to get back up and going again. I took the garmet off for the day, as I have been all week but back on to sleep until tomorrow.. then away it goes :)  My clothes are obviously smaller, and no muffen top, hooray!! The doctor said to give it time, and I will start to notice my skin getting tighter. I can tell a difference on my stomach.

The swelling has went down! I weighed before surgery at 137, after surgery (w/swelling) was 146. Then I'm  back down to 138 today. So I'm looking forward to inching down further as time goes. I'm not sure on the measurement lose, I never thought to measure the before.

Stay tuned for pictures by the weekend.

Post Op Day 18 I just wanted to add that...

Post Op Day 18

I just wanted to add that I haven't had my garmet on for about 2 days now and I have swelled.. as you can see some in day 17 photograph. (hip and leg area especially)

I'm still a little sore to the touch in some areas, but not hardly at all. Now I'm just waiting for the swelling to completely go away and the tightening to begin :) I have lost a total of .5 pounds.

7 weeks Post Op: The soreness is about 90%...

7 weeks Post Op:

The soreness is about 90% gone when I push against the treated areas. My incisions are still swollen as you can tell in the 7 week photographs ( notice the lumps on the inside of the theigh.. that is one of few of the incision points. Also on the side of my hips and rear.) I think my lower back is and stomach is still swollen too.The doctor is going to take my post op photographs in 6 weeks more weeks to let the rest of the swelling go down. I am very happy with the results. I was about a size 9-10 before the surgery. I weigh about the same, but I can fit comfortably in a size 6.  I am now wishing that I had my rear done just a little bit, but I may take that into conscideration when I have my breast lift. I think I'm going to work out more first to see if I can make is just a little smaller first to save some money.  I will be going back to the same doctor for the breast lift. I will post more pictures at 12 weeks.

Let me say I have been reading reviews and have...

Let me say I have been reading reviews and have finally decided to have smartlipo preformed.

I am 2 days out from procedure.. and I'm very nervous. My main worry is lumps/bumps, then extra skin at the belly area from where I had my baby 2 years ago. I weigh 142 and a size 9.

I had mentioned that I wanted to keep my "rear".. because I liked that I had a butt, but wanted to shape those areas back somewhat to where it was before, or at least try. I asked if I was going to have lots of skin, or lumps/bumps and was assured I was going to be fine. They did tell me in the beginning that I would have some loose skin that could be pinched on my tummy and that it was unavoidable, but that it wasn't what I think it's going to be.

So, I'm going to go ahead and post pre-op photographs and I'll check back in 2 days :).

---------------------------------------------------...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6 months Post Op

I just wanted to write and mention that I don't believe this surgery helps cellulite. I think it created more for me on my rear which is the only thing I'm unhappy about. BUT I would much rather deal with the cellulite than to be the size I was prior to surgery. Therefore, I am happy with the outcome.

-----------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------

Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon

He is wonderful! Caring, and his staff acts like family. I've never been treated negatively and everyone is so chatty and friendly. They call to check up on you and they even gave me free laser surgery as a gift. :) They are very thorough too... I'll defiantly go back.

Hi! It's already been 26 day since i did my laser lipo suction and i am still sore especially when i stand after a long sit down to walk around.... i am still wearing my garmet but my results so far are not so good. my abdomen is still swollen , hard and wavy like i have two bumps.... i am worried if things will get better with time or not... may be i have a complication and thats why i am still very sore, and swollen. my doctor suggested that i do drainage with endermologie, did any one pass through this like me before, and do you think i results might improve with time?
thank you for sharing your experience.....
@Huntsville: I gained about 6lbs or so and not in those areas. My clothes will always fit differently as the contouring changed my shape, as expected. I love it, and I would do it all again, yes it was worth it.

@Jade: Congrats! Keep us posted.

@doityourself: Well, they are posted. I think you just click on the pictures above and they enlarge in a new window. Make sure your pop up blocker is off.
How can I view your pictures of the Smartlipo?
Thanks
Jade i just read the above. Ok so you threw up too. Awesome! (ha kidding of course). I almost wish i would have just helped my horrendous nausea along from the second i got home..but the ol college method...finger down throat...because once it came up on its own the next morning...after waking up all night nauseated..i was FINE after the upchuck, so to speak. Just needed a nap.
I just had it done I am throwing up still from the numbing solution but when i saw myself omg i looked flat to be continured the process was painless
so tell me have u had any negative things happen to your shape since the surgery? HAve u gained any of the weight back? was it still worth it?

how do you get so many comments? im new to this site but ill be posting all my updates as i go.
Hi Crystal
yes I just put my self up on the topic although it was for after the surgery i filled it out before lets see if they approve it
If not i will redo it

Brookeh go into the topics and scroll down and look for smart lipo you can add your review their. after the work is done
It's been over a year, so I've accumulated a lot. I think it has a lot to do with having many detailed pictures. Before I went into surgery, I could not find post pictures after month 1. I looked everywhere. So I chose to provide a detailed documentation and I think this is really what many people are looking for.
that was to Brookeh, sorry about that.
Congrats on the date! I bet the previous on hurt. My mom had the regular lip done about 7 years ago and I helped her for a week. She was hurting pretty bad. It is painful in the very beginning, but other than that.. it's a pretty fast recovery. I'm so thankfull!! Are you going to post a story? If so, send the link, I would love to read it.

Have a Merry Christmas, I'm sure you will :) :)

@Brookeh: im the link to me when you do as well. I usually visit the site when I get a reply or message.
Hi Crystal

Thanks for sharing I am going in on 12/30th happy new year to me
I am having my upper and lower abs and waist done... I am very excited and am very active with hiking and the gym as well. I had had my gall bladder out in April and my stomach went to SH** so i had decided to have this done. I had originally had the regular lipo about 13 yrs ago and had alot done in one sitting and ill tell you that hurt like hell it had felt like someone beat me with a bat!!! and standing felt better than laying down or sitting... in the thigh area .. Everyone's body is different and heals differently and it took about a year back than for my skin to reattach to my body again (No Joke) from your posts I am convinced this is gonna be a painless procedure and I can't actually wait Thanks for sharing all you have its been a great relief ! Jade
very nice. im getting it in feb and i hope it works! ill be posting it all online
Are you talking about me? Lol. I had my consult with Dr. Nease last week and he was the one I picked..hands down. Very professional. A bit pricier than the other but I feel it is worth it. I am having a full mommy makeover (tummy tuck, breast lift/aug, and smart lipo...scheduled for nov 24).
Oh no, that last comment was for runnerATL. She asked if he would keep you awake during procedure. I did subscribe to your posting though. :)
He only puts you under. I do not know anyone personally who went besides the ladies that worked there. I think one of the ladies who responded last to this post has a surgery date scheduled with him. Maybe she will respond with her opinion as well.
Your results are fab! I'm considering going for a consult with Dr. Nease for smartlipo. Did he offer to have you awake for the procedure? Do you know anyone else who has gone to Dr. Nease for lipo?
I was 2 weeks out and on no meds before I had any drinks, which I shouldn't of had anything and did that at my own risk. I limited myself to 2. My surgeon said, NOTHING for up to 6 weeks post surgery. :( Smoking and drinking will prolong recovery time because they hamper the immune system. You shouldn't have anything on meds anyway, they don't mix and you could really hurt yourself. If you're only a week out, I wouldn't risk it. Just be the DD for the next month or so. Then he can treat you to several nights out :) You'll deserve it. I didn't hardly drain at all, but my surgeon told me it was normal up to a week or so. I was still swollen a month to a month and a half after. My incisions were swollen for several months, but I never could tell. He just felt them and told me so, lol. You can tell in the pictures how swollen I was and when it started to go down.
Hello to all. I just had my inner thights done a week ago. Im still very sore, still draning and have not seen a difference. Is that normal? I wish i would have waited after my bday because i didn't expect to be down and sore for so long. Now is my husbands bday and he wants to celebrate thos weekend do you guys know if i will feel better and if i will be able to have some drinks?
Its a slow process. Yes, it took several months to see a difference. You won't see any thing but swelling at this point.
I had upper/lower abs, arms and outter thighs done. I'm 5'4 and weighed 128 before. He said he took out 2 liters as well. I can't tell any difference and on Wednesday 9/22 it will be two weeks. I have worn the garment non stop but I don't see any difference at all in any of the areas. I'm getting discouraged that my clothes wont fit any better than before. Could you tell a big difference?
I think you had a really good body before SmartLipo and didn't need it!
I'm glad this posting was helpful. I did not experience lumps. I have prob gained about 5 pounds but I do that every year, then I lose it lol. I can still wear a smaller pant size than before I had the surgery. I am active, but I have to make a point to go to the gym. They said that if I were to gain weight afterwards, it would b all over and not just in my hips or rear. That is true. I'm very happy with mine and would do it all over again. It does take time to see results, but I think its heather. This is great especially if you don't want others to know. Good luck!! Let me know how it goes. Make sure to see your surgeons before and after picts, that he's board certified and that you are comfortable with him.
Thanks for answering my questions.