Chose Smartlipo Instead of Tummy Tuck

I had Smartlipo done to my upper and lower...

I had Smartlipo done to my upper and lower abdomen, and my front flanks last Saturday (6 days ago). I was supposed to have had my back blanks and inner thighs done as well, but the surgeon spent 5 hours on my abdomen and suggested that have the rest done later.

I'm actually very pleased. I am really a candidate for a full tummy tuck (2 9 lbs kids before age 30) left me with horrible stretch marks, sagging skin and a pouch, but my goal was too just look better in my clothes and having major surgery is not an option.

The pain during the numbing was the worse, followed by the last half hour of constant digging in the same spots of my stomach. The assistant fed me during the procedure and I mainly tried to stay distracted by listening to my Ipod.

Both my husband and I can see a difference. No bruising at all and I only had to take pain meds the first day. I was out and about on Sunday but took off work and only went to the hair salon on Monday. I'm now only sore at the end of day and whenever I'm removing that stupid compression garment to use the bathroom.

The doctor was pretty surprised that the results turned out so well at the one-day follow up, as he had warned me that the sagging stomach might not get any better because so much was loose skin. I hope I'm not disappointed with the skin elasticity once the swelling is all gone. I still plan to have my rear flanks and inner thighs done.

Healing Waters Day Spa

Im so sorry but I didn't think to take photos. I had my lipo done at Final Inches and they have a ton of before and after photos. Go to www.finalinches.com to see some. My tummy is very flat in jeans but because I had so much weight loss there is still some loose skin. It tightened some and I'm pleased with the results. I really didn't want the tummy tuck scar!!!!
Just had my sides and inner thighs done a on Sunday (4 days ago). Same doctor but this time, the aspirating machine vibrated which tickled my ribs. My inner thighs are pretty bruised, but no bruises anywhere else. Less pain this time. I was only sore trying to sit for the first days. I had the procedure Sunday afternoon and went to work for 4 hours Monday afternoon. (I sit all day). The hard roll on my tummy seems to be going away. I'm very pleased with my tummy and dides. CAn't tell that much of a difference with my inner thighs yet. Now that my sides are done, I noticed incredible fat/bra rolls. Hmmmm.....I hope I'm not addicted!
Stretch marks NEVER go away and there's no elasticity left in that skin but the skin around it should tighten up. I didn't start to feel really good until 2 weeks out and then each week gets so much better! WEAR THE GARMENT, it will totally help. For 3 weeks I had the hardness in the exact same spot!!! They told me to massage it whenever I thought about it. It's the tissue trying to heal under the skin. Yesterday was my 4 week mark and I noticed the hardness is almost gone. My tummy is definitely WAY flatter but because it was so big, I'm sure I'll have a little skin fold when I'm all healed but I'm ok with that. I'm still numb, which is weird but I am really seeing the difference. Once you get your loves done, you'll be gorgeous. I can't believe how much of a difference it's made. My doctor totally shaped me and gave me that curvey waist and since I'm large busted, I'm now a total hourglass. You're really going to be happy with it! I'm THRILLED beyond words. So happy I did this! Are you in California? Did you go to a private practice or a laser lipo center?
I went to a medspa in NC. I'm glad to hear about your lump/roll being the same. I think this is a great procedure for anyone not looking for perfection (e.g., skin tight tummy to get back into that 2-piece tiny bikini), but instead to look better in clothes. I'm 5'4, about 145lbs and my tummy is so much flatter. I can't wait til I'm a month out. I'll take your advice to stick with that icky compression garment. For how long did you do so? I'll also let you know how my procedure goes Sunday!
Hi there,

I'm wondering if you could post or send some pics. I was thinking of a tummy tuck, but I just can't put my body through that trauma. I am 44 years old and lost 55 pounds through diet and exercise over the last year. My tummy has taken a pounding through the years with 2 kids and a hysterectomy and weight gain and loss, but it has responded well with my exercise. I'm not looking for perfection, just a bit better and would love to see some realistic results.

Thanks so much!
Hi! I'm just wondering how your tummy looks now? I was a better candidate for a tummy tuck after Lap-Band surgery and losing 80 lbs. But the plastic surgeon quoted me over $9400 and there was no way I could afford that or even finance it. I knew that SmartLipo wasn't intended for people with as much skin as me but because it's SO much cheaper and has no downtime and little risk, I went for it. I'm ECSTATIC with my results so far! I'm only 4 weeks out but it looks way better than I thought it would. I'm wondering how far out you are and how much skin retraction did you have? Are you happy? Would love to hear more about your experience. Thanks!
I'm now 11 days out and I'm extremely pleased so far. Only a bit of tenderness in a few places if I get poked. My stretch marks are still here, but definetly do not look worse. I'm sure that a little bit of swelling is filling up the extra skin, but I really haven't noticed any sagging. The bottom of my tummy is remarkably flatter but I still have a roll of hardness/bump right above my belly area that I wish would go away. Did you experience that? When did you start to notice the biggest results? When did your swelling reduce the most? I'm going in to get my love handles and inner thighs done in 3 days!
Hello, I just had smartlipo done on my full stomach Sept 21st and I was told by other plastic surgeons that I was a candidate for a tummy tuck. Well, after 2 c-sections, saggy skin, and stretch marks from 8 lb babies...I didn't want another full surgery. I would love to know how your skin has reacted (tightened) after the smartlipo and the waiting game. Please post pictures or just reply to this message please.
Great posting. I would comment on the amount removed and the length of time of the operation. The rule of thumb if the operation is over 90 minutes it is better to have the local + IV deep sedation or even a light general anesthesia. The risk of overdose on the lidocaine local is a very scary issue. In Broward County, Florida, there was a death in med/spa due to lipo ( NOT Smart Lipo). It was due to overdose of lidocaine. Also if I remove over 1 liter of fat I prefer the patient under some anesthesia whether IV sedation or face mask inhalants. Just be careful out there. Regards Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, one of the NATIONAL SMART LIPO & BODY JET LIPO INSTRUCTORS - MIAMI, FL
Thanks for the note. I don't remember exactly how much was removed - I Xanax put me in la-la land. I'll ask when I go back in for follow up.
I'm one week and 3 days out from my procedure. I thought I could go without my compression garment and felt the worse that I ever have, so I rushed to the nearest mall to get another. I'm really swollen right above and below my belly button. I also had to purchase a few pairs of pants the next size up to get me through the next few weeks. I've scheduled to have my rear flanks and inner thighs done in 5 days. I'd rather heal all at once, than to wait til I'm feeling all better to start all over.