Sculptra Under Eyes, Chin and Temples

I thought it only appropriate that I post my...

I thought it only appropriate that I post my experience as I have appreciated the feedback I have read on from so many others.

After reading much about sculptra and visiting two different doctors in the Pasadena area I decided to try the procedure. The Dr. I went with said he has done 1000s of scuptra treatments and allowed for me to talk on the phone with a patitent of his that had the sculptra. He allowed for me to feel what the sculptra would feel like, as he had it under his eyes.

I had the treatment on my lunch hour this past Monday. From start to finish it took about 30 minutes. The shots to numb my face were the most painful, although tolerable. Initially my right eye swelled up and I couldn't open it. This turned out to be from all the fluid (both numbing solution and sculptra) and lasted less than a minute. When I first saw myself in the mirror, I thought wow. I look great. But as predicted, the bulk of the improvement was gone in a few hours (as the fluids were absorbed).

It is now day two. I see a very slight improvement but am hopeful the results will improve with time and my second treeatment. The Doctor does not want me to have my second treatment for 2 months.

I did not have any bruising or swellling at the injection sights. I re-applied my makeup and returned to the office right after my visit. Nobody noticed a thing. I did start taking Arnica a few days prior to the procedure so this may be part of the reason I had no swelling or bruising.

I will continue to keep you posted as time goes on.

Who was your doctor? I'm in the area and would love to go to him as he sounds great!

Hi Trisha333
yeah I love the arnica pills, I also used the arnica gel I dont have any bruises at all at this time.. To answer your question on age.. I am 52 yrs :0
and injectables used
juvederm ultra on my lips...I love them they are nice and soft.
I had Radiesse in my lips the last time I had them done, what a mess! This doctor that I am seeing now is fixing the wrongs... The radiesse was injected as an outline on my upper lip it caused a ridge like appearance My Doc wont use it..How did you like the restylane and juvederm?
I had my first sculptra shots yesterday..I was under the impression that I would have the shots under my eyes I was very afraid. Yey I was wrong Doc injected under the eye on the cheek..I had some also in chin area... very Tiny little bruising this morning.. I iced and took arnica pills and I am doing the 5/5/5 Massage .. while I was there I thought why not get my lips done so I did! they came out nice not too big just right :) looking forward to my next visit in 8 weeks..
That's great! I am sold on taking the Arnica for bruising. Years ago I had some eye surgery and didn't take it and I bruised quite a bit. The massage is also key to a good result. May I ask what lip injectable you had? Also, could you please give me your age or age range? I was thinking of having my lips done again, as well. I've had both Restylane and Juvederm Ultra, but this derm likes to use Radiesse. They will do the others, but they really like the results from the Radiesse.
opppppppsy sorry I made a mistake by hitting the wrong key! my age is 62 not 52 as stated( wishfulllllll thinking) guess I need new glasses hahahah
I have heard that but my results r great. Used in outer lower corner I had deep bags.
Thanks Trisha.I know a lot of my friends have been to the doctor and all had good results i didnt find anyone that had what i am going to have done .. he is very good and takes his tim to talk about what he is going to do he specializes in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the face, eyes, head and neck. I just checked out that sculptra website and I am going to give the doctor a call tomorrow Thanks for taking time to reply Bless you...:)
you're welcome! I did a lot of research before I had my treatments (two so far)and my dermatologist doesn't recommend Sculptra in the eye area. I just felt that you (or anyone) needs to have that knowledge before any procedure. Good luck!!
I will be having Sculptra injected under my eyes next monday.. Doc said that I will need about 3 to 4 shots over a period of time . 8 weeks between each shot Then he will do a lazer lower eye lid surgery did anyone have that? would love to know
Sculptra is NOT supposed to be used under the eyes. I think you should get another doctor's opinion for that area. If you look on the Sculptra website you will see what areas they recommend using it on. There should be other options for your eyes. The skin is very thin in that area and your doctor should know this. What does your dr. specialize in?
I did have done on the out part of under eye...not into the corner. Had deep v's bags under my eyes. It's been 8 months since first treatment. Had total 3 treatments 5 vials total. I am very happy with results. My face looks fuller. I had a gaunt look. Did several areas of my face. I did not need smile lines but the corners of mouth were done. I had some bruising...what helped most it hot face cloth at night then arnica. Worked better with hot compresses first. Seemed to absorb better and bring blood flow to the bruise. I dont look like I had work done just look younger fresher less tired.
I was told Sculptra should NOT be used under the eyes as the skin is much too thin in that area. Should be for the chin and cheek area. I had my first treatment this morning and look normal. I was told to massage the area 5/5/5 and use ice on/off today. I also used Arnica 3 days before and immediately after treatment. I will continue to use for another couple of days. I am anxious to see results!!
Update I had my third treatment a couple of months ago. 1 vial $500. Almost no bruising. After looking at my before pics I am extremely happy with results. It's been 6 months since first treatment. My friends comment I look younger fresh less tired. I am wearing less to no makeup now. I will try to upload before and after. My work was done in MA also I am 51 yes old and have not had any other work or treatments like Botox. I did have a few laser treatments for brown spots and broken blood vessels
Would you mind giving your doctor's name? I am in the LA area. I was actually referred by a dermatologist in LA to a doctor in Pasadena whom I have not seen yet so I am curious if it is the same doc. Thanks. You can PM me if you prefer.
I would love to know how you are doing. I have my first scultra in mid dec. Had lots of bruising. used under eyes, temples, smile lines, cheek bones near ears. I did not notice much result but my friends did. I did not want to go for the second treatment (my doctor recommends 3). Had 2 vial first time. cost 1,000. ended up doing second treatment yesterday...another 2 vials, 1,000. Less bruising this time. 1 big one on my chin...did under eyes, temples, cheek hollows near ears. verys sore today. supposed to message 5 min. 5 times a day for 5 days. Did you do this?
I am due to go and have Sculptra injected tomorrow.....after reading all of these postings, I am real scared. All of the postings are pretty old, any current postings????
I just posted today (Trisha333). Read my post and you will see, if you following directions and go to a good doc, you will have no problems. I am 65 yrs. old (but look much younger) and had it injected into my chin and cheek area.
Day after my second treatment with Sculptra and I am a bit concerned. Left eye bruised pretty bad. The brusing has made the bags under my eyes appear worst. It's hard to tell with the dicoloration but it seems that my right eye is fuller than my left. Trying not to panic. Will keep massaging and will try to be patient while the bruising subsides.
hi shotgun. i am scheduled to go in this weekend to get my first shot of sculptra under my eyes. i am 28 years old, and am just starting to see fark circles "hallowing" under my eyes.. my plastic surgeon recommended sculptra for me. i have enjoyed your updates, and was hoping to learn more about the progress you have had/ made since your last post.. Hope to hear from you soon, as I am still hesitant about going thru w it this weekend! thanks!
It has been about 6 weeks since my second treatment of sculptra. The brusing is gone and I do see some improvement. It's not that the bags are completely gone, just not as prevalent. The Doctor does not want to see me gain until the end of March as he said that there continues to be changes/improvements for a couple of months after the second treatment. At that time I will decide if I want to do my third treatment or not. My advice to anyone would be this. Should you decide to do the sulptra - DO NOT expect to see any improvement for months. In other words -look at as you are doing something now that will benefit you in 6 months from now. Good luck
Just went in today for my second visit. 1 vile and was used under eyes, cheeks, temples and on either side of my chin. Yikes, this time I swelled everywhere I was injected. A bit scary initially. It's been about an hour and a half and the swelling has gone down some, but I can see that I am going to have some definite bruising. (Didn’t the first time). I was able to come back to work and luckily for me I wear reading glasses which is helping to camouflage some of the swelling and bruising under my eyes. Will continue to keep you posted.
Ok so I get it, not under the eyes. Did you had it done in any other areas? and how do you feel now about those other areas? I am going to have it done next month in OC
Yes, had it done on either side of my chin and in the temples. No remarkable results thus far, but from what I have read and what the Dr. says this is to be expected. Takes two to three treatments and several months to see results. I've had not lumps/bumps, etc. Have follow-up visit today and will schedule my second treatment in the next two weeks. I am hoping that with the second treatment I will see some results.
Yes, I have read about the lumps. I also felt under the eyes of my Dr. who had sculptra himself in that area. There was a tiny, tiny granule feel on one of his eyes, nothing you could see and frankly could only feel if you knew what you were feeling for. I have read and confirmed with my doctor that the scupltra needs to be mixed the night before the injection. This pre-mixing helps to avoid the lumps. If your doctor offers to do sculptra at a visit, you may want to think twice as it means that it wasn't pre-mixed.
Had my 2 week post sculptra visit today. Dr. was very pleased. No bumps/lumps. I did express my concern about the results being very subtle to say the least. He said that is what they want. At about the two week mark up until the 6 week mark there should be more gradual improvement. It will plateau about the two month mark and I will then schedule my second treatment. I remain optimistic. Next visit is December 7th. He will take a look at me and probably schedule my second treatment around xmas time.