Reviews Are Frightening! Hope Sculptra Works!

I just had my treatment today. I have been...

I just had my treatment today. I have been thinking of this for at least a year and I decided to go ahead because I saw good results in the nurse who works for Dr. D. After reading some of the horror stories, I am praying that I made the correct decision.

I have been massaging my face thoroughly and I plan to massage the treated areas 5 times a day for 5 minutes for the next 5 days.

Florida Dermatologist

I saw results from someone who was treated.

I've had sculptra two years ago with good results. The massaging is no fun, but worth it. I just had another treatment. It works really well. But I wish their was no massaging needed.

I just had my first Sculptra injections this morning. Two viles. Pain wasn't bad...acute when injected, but tolerable. A little worse than having my spider veins injection. My doctor didn't use a numbing cream, but has lidocaine in the injections, so after the first vile, the second was much easier. I'm very excited with the results, which today are supposed to be a preview of what I will see in months. I might have one small bruise. I'm doing ice pack and gentle massage five time a day. Slight tenderness with massage.

I had my first sculptra fill yesterday. My cheeks are a little sore when I massage. But have been told to massage hard for 5mins 5times a day, for at least 5 days. The more the better as it helps stimulate the skin also.
I used to use radiese, and I want a more natural fill so went for radiesse this time.
I will post again, I have another fill booked in 6 weeks.
I meant sculptra this time, rather than radiesse!
Sculptra takes a while to happen. In fact adverse events are reported over one year after injection and as long as over 4 years. If you are able to look at this product you will find that lumps are considered "common" because they occur in over 15% of test subjects. Sculptra is a very risky product. It is very destructive to immune systems. I have so many systemic and local conditions 2 years post injections. Experts (?) are you kidding me. Experts do not use this product. Experts know what it is and that it is a crap shoot. Sanofi Aventis has information showing that the product persists long after 2 years. Why do non-experts still call it bioabsorbable and immunologically inert? Read the article "Filler Follies". That is about as much of nutshell summary as you can get for people who want to bother knowing the actual truth. The immune system is a complex system with triggers setting off a cascading immune response. This product is not the low risk fountain of youth described in the product promotional literature.

Thanks Dru, I hope you're doing well at this time. I know you posted this a long time ago....BUT I found and read the article, "Filler Follies," by Dr. Klein. In it he recommends H.A. fillers (Hylauronic Acid) due to their proven effectiveness and safety. I was about to pursue Sculptra &/or Radiesse b/c almost no where on web does it warn of significant problems compared to the "permanent" fillers like PMMAs, etc. But Dr. Klein's article makes clear there are significant risks to these "non-permanent" and supposedly inert fillers too.

My last Sculptra tx was Sept. 14. I just noticed a very tiny hard bump on the bone beneath my left eye. It doesn't show but I know it is there when I feel around in that area. The folds around my mouth have filled in some and my derm told me that my skin should continue to improve with time. I wish I could do something about the sagging beneath my eyes.
Hi I had three Sculptra treatments, one month apart and I am now waiting. I have definite increase in the fullness of my cheeks where there was a lot of fat loss. There is also a reduction in the folds around my mouth but not so much. I am also on a fotofacial/hydrafacial regimen and there is a definite difference in the color and texture of my skin. I am hoping that the improvement will continue. I have never had any lump formation. I am 60 years old.
This is my 2nd round of Sculptra- last was April. I go to a very high end cosmetic dermatologist in NYC who is masterful with the needle. 4 syringes used. My face is tender and as always have some bruising but the results are cumulative. Never told to massage as the nurse does quite a good job after the injections. Never had any lumps. The bruises will be gone in a wk. Next time Ill use Arnica pills to reduce the bruising. I get black and blue easily. The injections were tolerble and I never use any topical pain cream. Sculptra I believe is the most expensive of all available. Results are collagen production not so much as an instant Restalyne filler type. Sculptra is a layering process to increase volume by collagen and it works as a liquid facelift. I love it. I am 56 and its all I use- people say I look beyond terrific. I dont spend too much time looking in the mirror but when I do glance I see the same "me" Ive seen for years. In excellent hands this product is a miracle worker. Choose ur physician carefully as this is an art form...
Vicki please, please you have to tell me who is your doctor...and how are you doing now?
Is that one and a half to two years, weeks, months? So far I have had 6 vials and no lumps. I am also seeing improvement since I had first tx 2 and a half months ago. I had bruising when I had tx 2 and 3. It lasted 4 days. I had it done on a Monday late pm and looked OK by Friday/Saturday.
Im doing the sculptra as well. This is my 2nd round and 4 vials used. I was very happy after the first set of injections and now waiting. I have never had any lumps just bruising. Next time Ill start 2 wks before using arnica pills and eating pineapple as it decreases bruising. Just got caught up and forgot to do it this time. Serves me right,now. Please let me know ur thoughts. Vicki
I already posted this on another tread but here it goes the lumps will vanish in around 1 and half to 2 and half here they suddenly vanish. The problem with sculptra is not the product but the skills of the doctor and the follow up massage. Keep mind this product was developed for HIV+ individuals with brutal facial wasting not as a beauty product.
Saw my dermatologist today and she said that I need 2 vials at my next tx on Sept. 14. I have had four vials (2 at each visit) so far. I began this thing 2 months ago. Hope the next tx will be the last - expensive and painful.
I had 3 vials ,every 3 months...At 1st I saw no results and was disappointed. But after the 2nd I definitely looked better and I am really pleased after the 3rd. It filled out my face (it is subtle)and I look much better. Going for a final touch-up next week. My dr in NYC actually waits for the results in 3 months before continuing- to prevent errors and overfilling. It takes months to see results. Never had a bump and I wasnt perfect w/ massaging either. Research carefully and get an expert
Session two, day 3. My doc told me to increase Traumeel to every 2 hours to speed healing of bruise under left eye. Bruise improved when I woke up. Still applying ice. Face pain has lessened.
Wondering how you are doing? I'm scheduled to start my Sculptra injections in September and after reading all this...I'm scared to do it.
It has been 6 weeks since my first Sculptra treatment. The bruising from the second treatment lasted about 5 days. I had it done on Monday afternoon and by Saturday I looked decent. So far I have no little bumps under the skin and I am seeing improvement already. Friends have noticed that I look good but they don't know that I had the treatment. They just think I look rested. The skin under my eyes is thicker and is sagging much less. The lines near the corners of my mouth are also diminishing. I hope you will do well. Remember the 5-5-5 routine and use ice for the first day or two. It does help. My Dr. gave me Traumeel to reduce swelling. Please let me know how you are doing.
Sculptra session two, day 2 My face hurts every time I do the 5 minute massage. I have a red bruise under my left eye and a smaller one under my right. I am pretty self conscious about the bruise under my right eye.
Sculptra session number two: Pain level: 8 The nurse took pictures before and after tx. She noticed improvement and was surprised that today's tx. was only number two. The doctor and the other nurse were just as happy. I received two vials again at a cost of $1500. People have told me things like "You look great." My doc also told me that I am only in the infancy stages of results from Sculptra. I am using sublingual and ointment form of Traumeel to keep swelling down and also applying ice. My timer is set to massage every 3 hours for 5 minutes while I am awake-boring and uncomfortable but necessary. I will post tomorrow to update on any bruising. Oh, hydrafacials are microdermabrasion treatments that exfoliate the skin followed by moisturizer that is pumped into the pores. I get them every two or three months.
Can you please tell me the name of your doctor and where he is locaed? I found a doctor in Orlando who wants to charge me $2,800 for 2 viles of Sculptra.
That's about the going price...$2800. Look on the Internet to see how much the doctor pays for two vials. It's like $350-400. So he/she is charging you $2400 for 20 minutes effort to inject the two vials. No wonder everyone wants to get in on the act. You can make $5000 an hour, if you have a busy practice. That's why Cosmetic Dermatology has become a much sought after specialty among medical students. Plus you can close the office at 5PM. No midnight calls.
Good Luck,don't think you will get lumps because it sounds like you massaged properly on the injection sites.n What are hydrafacials by the way?
Hi I live in London and had 1 session of Sculptra 4 months ago.I had 2 vials which were injected at various points in my face. I was only told to use an electric toothbrush (other end) over my face, i was not told the 5.5.5 rule. Anyway i did massage, but did not realise that you had to massage each injection site - 5 mins each site! I realised this on the 3/4th day when i looked on this site for information,then immediately started the massaging, i massaged 5 times a day for 5 weeks then carried on 3 times a day for another 1 month. I read so many horror stories i decided that i would not go for any more injections of sculptra. I had a fantastic response to it but a have got some lumps. at the moment you cannot see them, the worry is if they start to become visable.one side of my chin that i did not massage properly, i have got 3 small bumps, really hard granulomas also on the inside of my mouth on the nose to mouth lines, and some upper cheeks below my eyes, you cannot see yet though. be very cautious with Sculptra, it can cause many problems with lumps after the 2nd/3rd treatment. I would be interested how you are getting on.
I am now 3 weeks post treatment. In addition to Sculptra, I receive hydrafacials. My next hydrafacial is in a few days and my next Sculptra treatment is August 11. I will keep you posted.