My New Nose Job is Assymetric with Uneven Nostrils

I just had my rhinoplasty surgery 4 days ago and...

I just had my rhinoplasty surgery 4 days ago and I'm almost sure my nostrils are assymetric. The right side of my nose is drooping and my right nostril is much larger and a completly different shap than my left nostril.

I said something about it as soon as I saw it hours sfter surgery and every day since the surgery. Everyone in the Dr's office says it's too soon to tell or they say that its because of all the swelling. As I look closer at my nose I notice that the left side and the right side of my nose are stitched differently, and it is clear that one side is pulled in thighter than the other side. Also my right side hurts more and bleeds more, and that is the side that I'm concerned with.

I would hate to have to have a revision surgery. I feel that it is the Dr's mistake and poor judgement. You can't stitch one sid of someone's nose differently than the other side. And I feel that is why my nose is drooping, not because it is too soon.

I had my surgery because for years I hate how wide my nose was, so I decided to have the width of my nose reduced. No bones were broken no tip refinement only the width was reduced. However, now my nostrils are completely uneven.

My dr is a nice man and so are most of his staff, however at one point I did feel rushed during my final consultation, and I also feel like they are ignoring my concern about my nostrils.

Everyone is saying that it is too soon to tell if my nostrils are uneven, but it is clear that the stitch was done differently on each side.

What do you think? Do you think I would need a revision, and if so how long do I wait to have a revision? and should I have to pay for my nose to be corrected?

I think it is too soon for me to recommend him..... because right now I'm not happy, but in the end I may become happy

hello.... And Thank you all for your comments. Im 3yrs post op right now and still unhappy. my nostrils are still assymetric uneven and actually worst off than they were prior to surgery. My nose is still big and heavy on my face... when i say heavy i mean it over takes my other features. I got the procedure to reduce the width of my nose however the only thing that has changed is now my nostrils are uneven. im still not happy and even considering a 2nd surgery.... just dont know where to turn. and multiple nose jobs makes me think of Michael jackson??? maybe in the years to come.
I am so sorry you are going through this pain and unhappiness. It pains me to see plastic surgeons still do alar base reductions by cutting away the nostril and sewing it back on the face. Most of the people that are unhappy with their rhinoplasty is because the surgeon did an alar base reduction and caused the nostrils to be uneven. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do after this has been done. We can only inform/help others of our experiences and warn other people of these uncaring doctors who still practice this procedure.
Actually I quite like your nose, the one side maybe a little bigger then the other but it's really not that noticeable! If it continues to bother you I would look into your options. My nostrils or very uneven from a wake board accident that I never fixed.... I should probably get to it, but I'm nervous cause I get scared about the after math. Did you get scared that they would make it to small or anything?
Thank you... however I am still very unhappy with my sugery and it is now 3 years post op. i payed over 3000 dollars for a width reduction that I was told would be "very simple". then end result was an assymetric nose job with uneven nostrils. The nose just doesnt fit my face. I was never scared about having the procedure, just anxious. Id thought about it for years and knew I wanted to change my look. I am not happy with the results and Im even considering a second surgery..... Ill post before and after and recent photos soon
Wow...I finally found a doctor (Dr. Mabrie) on this website that agrees on the subject on nostril reduction. He says it is a very controversial subject. Most doctors I see on here support the removal of skin at the base of the nostrils. What these doctors don't tell you is if they mess up this procedure it is irreversible!!! And the odds are definitely not in the patients favor the doctor will be able to remove the same amount on both sides. I hope through education and spreading the word that patients can make the right decisions.
Hey...I would really like to follow up with you about your nose job. Did your nose ever even out? I am a black girl also, and I just got rhinoplasty done yesterday along with the nostrol of my nose being taken in like yours. My nostrols look bad. Yours look great compared to mine. On one side he sowed over my nostrol! Im scared to death! I dont know how to feel or what to do...its only day 2! please email me back about your present condition... (I will send you my personal email)
BEWARE of doctors willing to perform nostril reduction by removing wedges of skin near the base of your nostrils. The odds are highly against you the doctor will be able to remove the exact same amount of skin from each side. The results of this are uneven nostrils especially when your nostrils are flared. I speak from experience. One doctor told me he would never perform this procedure on symmetrical nostrils because of this risk and that he would not perform this procedure on me. Once this procedure is performed it is irreversible. Unfortunately I did not like what he had to say and went to another doctor. He told me what I wanted to hear. Ever since the surgery my nose looks pinched and my nostrils are uneven. STAY AWAY from doctors who are willing to perform this procedure on any rhinoplasty patient looking to reduce the nostril width. There are alternative ways to reduce nostril width such as turning the tip of the nose up. And this procedure is reversible if you are unhappy. I just wished I'd listen to the first doctor. The other doctor was merely in it for the money and not looking out for the patient's best interests. I would be happy to e-mail anyone the name of this doctor as I would not want anyone to be deceived by his words.
yes, PLEASE. provide this doctors name i was shocking to read your comment and interesting in knowing why someone would lie like that...thanks for your comment... good luck=]
apesos in dayton, oh
Hello 4444b3

Can you please send me the name of the doctor who did this. Thank you for telling your experience.
Dr. Michael Salzhauer
do u have anymore recent pics or the the name of your doctor?
Who did your nosejob?
Dr Michael Salzhauer
They do look uneven...can you post a new picture since that photo was taken only 4 days after the surgery? Hope it's healing well...
i understand your concern, but you may be looking at your nose too critically. yes it could be the swelling, but even if it isn't, the difference isn't that bad. rhinoplasty's unfortunately can't be perfect. i think a more important question is, "how does it look from the front view?" because seriously, how many people are going to be looking up your nose like that? i just had a rhinoplasty done, and my right nostril looks awful if i look at it from the view you're looking at. it's like a sliver of a hole. but hey, i can breath fine, and it looks pretty symmetrical from the front, so i'm happy. how is it looking now after more time has passed? i hope its going well for you!
hello and thanks for your comment. Im 3yrs post op right now and still unhappy. my nostrils are still assymetric uneven and actually worst off than they were prior to surgery. My nose is still big and heavy on my face... when i say heavy i mean it over takes my other features. still not happy and even considering a 2nd surgery.... just dont know where to turn. and multiple nose jobs makes me think of Michael jackson??? maybe in the years to come.
Good luck ive got issues after my surgery its so depressing and no one understands....
hpe the best for you forward,
Hun your nostrils r not the right shape, one is a lot smaller than the other. I am 10 weeks post op and i have the same prob, i have been told to wait 6 months and then see what the surgeon can do. email me and i will send u my pic
No, I haven't seen any changes, and it is now day 7. The thing that bothers me the most is that I don't understand why he didn't stitch my nose the same on both sides. I know that I am still swollen, but I also know that my skin on my nostrils have always been thick, and what appears as swelling may actually be my nose's natural african american look. I'm so worried. Sometimes I can't even concentrate on my school work. I don't want all my family and friends to say I told you so, and I don't want to have waisted $3000 and over 24hours of driving from polk county to dade county for Dr's Appointments
How do your nostrils look now? I hope you are happier with your procedure than I was with mine.

I see what you mean in the photo. However, the right nostril (your left) does look more swollen than the other side, so that might change as the swelling goes down. This related thread might also help: Asymmetrical nostrils after Rhinoplasty

Since it's only been 4 days, add me to the group of people who think it's too soon and could be swelling. :) But, I do see your point about the stitches.

Have you seen any change at all in the couple of days since your surgery?

I think most doctors would hesitate to go right back in and correct something before it has healed, not only because it could change but because you don't want to traumatise your nose too much. So, even if this is the final result, you probably would have to wait a few months to get it corrected anyway. Just my 2 cents.

hello... Im nearly 3 yrs post op. And I feel the Surgery was a complete waste of time money pain and suffering. Im still not happy and at this point i feel that my nose isn't smaller or better shaped however the same size and ironically worse looking. Im considering a second surgery but really dont know where to turn. just want to be happy.