Asymmetrical Nostrils After Rhinoplasty

Hi, I had Rhinoplasty which also included fixing the septum, performed one and a half weeks ago. Three days ago, the splint was taken off, but I can notice now that one nostril is bigger than the other, is this normal? Will it return to normal in time? If so, how long will it take? Thanks for your help, I am very worried.

Asymmetrical Nostrils

+2

You definitely have swelling one and one-half weeks after surgery. It may take at least a year to see the final result. However, do not expect perfect symmetry. No paired structures on our bodies are identical.

Nose is still very swollen

+2

Since it has only been a week-and-a-half since your surgery for a rhinoplasty, it takes much longer to heal. One nostril will always be bigger than the other, even in the preoperative condition. It is accentuated in the postoperative condition since the nose is very swollen. It should return to normal in a couple of months after the surgery, but full healing takes one year.

I would wait a minimum of 1 year.

+1

It takes 6-12 months to see the final nose. It is too soon due to the swelling to make any decision about the final outcome. Relax and as you see your doctor for follow up he can advise you.