Swelling on Tip After Nose Surgery - Huntington Beach

I had a hump on my nose and i hated my profile...

i had a hump on my nose and i hated my profile.

so i decided to go through with rhinoplasty. i am happy that i got it. just the tip being swollen is driving me kind of insane.

I did it because i hated my profile. and i had my...

I did it because i hated my profile. and i had my dads manly nose on my face i never liked it.

I am happy with the way things turned out. its just a lot of patience because its still very swollen on the tip.

I got Rhino Plasty 2 months ago and i do...

I got Rhino Plasty 2 months ago and i do understand that it takes up to a final year for the swelling to come down. I was just wondering how much longer will that Little Ball of Swollenness around my tip come down? its driving me crazy. The hump is gone. but now its just the tip that is takin forever to come down.

I totally think it was worth it.

i totally think it was worth it.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon

Hi I wanted to know how ur nose was holding up? thanks :]
You look so beautiful with your new nose!! I just got mine done a little over 3 weeks ago and i think my tip looks really big and swollen too so I feel you on that. I hope it goes down a lot more. Looking at your pictures gives me hope though.
Thank you! but yes my nose is finally perfect now. my skin is super sensitive and it gets swollen for i think double the time but it was worth it . taught me patience haha
hallo missbrenda,
i had nose surgery 2 months bak and im very happy with the result but i see that size of hole not eual one side is perfect and another hole side smaller wut do u think, i think that cause of the tip of the nose stil swelling but im not sure can u help me with that,thnx
You look fabulous. Congrats on a great result!
Hey did ur doctor do a closed or open rhinoplasty on u?
i got open
Wow! I hope my nose comes out like urs im sooo nervous Im suppose to be getting rhinoplasty in Jan with Dr. Philip Miller but next week Im going for another consult with a different doctor. Dr. sam rizk to see if he has anything different to say. Hey I might even switch doctors idk yet. I just know Im soo scared and I hope mine comes out like urs
Hi...
Your NJ looks great!!! I have been really thinking about getting an NJ, and I have been researching doctors...where did you have yours done in Huntington? :(
...How long did it take for the swelling and bruising to go away?
I got mine done with Dr. Vu in Huntington. and it took a 2 weeks for the brusing to go away and the swelling took a while but it is worth it.
I am still unhappy! I had an injection to refine the tip, but really need a more aggressive surgeon!! Clip helped slightly, the injection even more.. Just not enough.
wait u had an injection? to do what to your nose if i may ask?
This is very helpful, thank you. I just had mine done a month ago and am dealing with the swollen tip. Guess I need to keep "being patient."
You look really great.
you are so pretty. lucky!
What's the status of your tip? I am 2.5 months post-opp and have the same problem. I feel like my nose looks the same and am dissatisfied. My doctor shot my nose with a steroid and suggested a nose clip (www.modelnoses.com - a patient of his started it). How long did it take you to be satisfied?
Did the tip swelling/size go down from 2 months post-op to the 5 months pic? I am worried about my tip as well and your pre-op nose looks just like my pre-op nose and your post-op looks similar to my post-op but I still have substantial swelling on my left side. Does your nose widen when you smile? And if so, does the collum point down at all?
Hi there. I have swelling too in both sides of my nostrails and I swear my tip is sinking down, is that possible or do you think it is just swelling? I am very concerned. It has been awhile for both of you, how do your noses look now, better?
HUGE difference. It's been almost a year for me now and I LOVE my nose. I STILL don't think all the swelling has gone down yet, but the way I look now verse the way I looked in January (8 mo) is substantially different. I think it really takes 2 years to see your final result, changing only to your own eye up to 4 yrs (from what I have read). It's super hard to wait and see, I know--but have faith, the swelling will go down. I took a photo of myself (front, & profile) every 2 weeks and made a flip book in order to see the improvements. My doctor said you get used to your new looks and forget how big it was previously--so I made the book and he was right, I can really see the changes. Good luck, and have faith, swelling takes FOREVER to go away--especially if you had open rhinoplasty and/or thick skin.
your nose looks wonderful!!!
wow, would've never thought you got a procedure. it looks great.
hi, i have the same problem too. When I first took the cast off it was so small and the tip was swollen, but it was way better than how it is right now. My nose has actually gotten bigger and so has the tip as the time has passed.
Me too! I just had rhinoplasty, and after the first week my tip and bridge looked small and now my tip and sides of my nose are bigger than the first week. I am on my second week and very disappointed. How is your nose looking now?
wow your nose looks great! i see nothing wrong with the tip. Congratulations
I think you look great. Who did your nose? I've been wanting rhinoplasty, and have been looking around. I noticed you live in the same city as me.