Rhinoplasty to Even out Nostrils Did Not Work

My nose is very uneven and I wanted to make my...

My nose is very uneven and I wanted to make my nose symmetrical. I underwent a procedure described to me as a "tip rhinoplasty". In a word my results suck. My nose is still very uneven and I don't know what to do about it.

What needs to be done to make my nostrils symmetrical? When looking at me from the front, my right nostril sags lower than the left. When I lift my head back the right nostril is sunken into my head lower than the left.

I'm just not satisfied with my results and I am told that he will not attempt to make my nostrils symmetrical because he is afraid of the scarring. I feel no more comfortable with my nose than when I went for the first consultation

I think you have what is called a microform cleft lip. your orbicularis oris muscle is mislocated on the affected side, which in your case is the right side. dr. Arthur desrosiers, located in Miami, can fix this without any external scarring. he does the entire procedure from the inside of the lip. I know because I am a patient. all other doctors do this procedure from the outside and leave scarring. dr desrosiers can also improve the symmetry of your nostrils. look up his office...it's called Marquis Plastic Surgery in Miami Florida. Good luck.
I don't know if you are still looking at these comments, but I would say that without a doubt you have what is called a microform cleft lip. The muscles of the lip did not fuse properly causing a nasal lopsidedness. Your right side of your upper lip is shorter than the left. If you look at your right lip line, you have no facial hair growing there, it is different from the left side. That is the cleft line, and I see a tiny separation of the vermillion there too. My son has this and I have had it diagnosed by the top cleft surgeon in the country. Too fix your nose, you have to fix the lip muscles but that could leave a big scar on your lip. Might be worth it though. Look at Rosario Dawsons nose. Joaquin Phoenix has the same thing but his lip is more affected than his nose.
yes pleases, answer uss, how it is doing, hope to hear some goodies from you.
hey ralph, its a month later. any progress??
Yeah, I really don't think it's a problem at all. However, in time, you'll know what you want to do.
I have bigger things to worry about at this moment soo... I`m just going to be patient.. like I said I get free touch-ups in my case..
yea... but see the sad part is.. before surgery my tip was perfect... it was perfectly symetrical.. I`m 5 months post op and its not symetrical anymore... I`m going to give it more time... maybe its still residual swelling that`s causing it to appear that way who knows right. I get free touch-ups soo..
*looks above* sorry, i meant to also recommend this to jeremy :)
ralph, i see why KittyPink would recommend looking into botox becoz botox is used for enhancement, and if injected into ur right nostril, it may raise the uneveness. i think u shud definately look into it, it wont hurt to try...
I sometimes think that the reason why one side of a nose if different (higher/lower, etc.) from the other side of a nose is because your overall facial bone structure is unsymmetrical. I'm not sure if some doctors take this into account. That could be what has happened in your case. By the way, I think your nose looks just fine.
I just don't see how fillers or botox would have the same affect. Wouldn't it make your nose appear bigger because your not taking anything away, but putting something there..?
i noticed you have the same thing i do... my specialist said they couldn't do much for my nose. that it was likely as even as it would ever be, it's bout the same as yours. i plan to talk to a plastic surgeon though.. they now have non surgical rhinoplasty where they use fillers and botox an such to get the same affect...if you have any questions or just want someone to talk to you can email me
AND WHAT REALLLY UPSETS ME.. IS HOW THEY TELL US TO BE PATIENT!... AGGGGH!!!.. ITS LIKE THE ONLY COMEBACK THEY HAVE.. WHY CANT THEY JUST TELL US THEY MESSED UP AND THEYLL DO IT AGAIN!
I'm 4 Months post op. My nose is more crooked now than before. Before the operation, it was just my dorsum(bridge) that was crooked. Now, my bridge is STILL crooked, and my tip is crooked too! (My tip was perfect before) I also told the dr. I wanted the bump straight, and their is still a hump. I'm soo depressed.
it's just not right people who hurt people like this. what a jerk. i really hope things work out for you.
I had rhinoplasty done on the 11th of June. I am having issues with my right nostril; it is not even either and appears to be creased in. I have some pictures posted of mine. Doctor office says to be patient, but I feel I look worse now than when I first went into the office.
Wow that is really awful. I'm sure another doctor who is experienced and is rated well can help fix that. I was reading about how they can take cartlidge and suspend the right side to get it to even out. I had a full rhinoplasty/septoplasty 1.5 yrs ago and now my nostrils are uneven too. Not quite as pronounced as yours but I'm upset and not quite sure what to do about it. I've since moved out of state so its not really an option to have the same Dr fix it - not sure I want him operating on me again anyhow.
Hi! How many days after the surgery were taken the photos? I had a rhinoplsty, and my nose isnt symmertical too...
this picture was taken 2 months post-op

oh my goodness ralph, that is so true! its like that with all types of surgery, if u dont sign that waver, they wont even operate on u. and half the time, they no ur so desperate to get the surgery, u dont even realize ur signing ur rights away when u do the paperwork. jeremy, in the meantime i wud rate this doctor of urs online wherever he is able to be rated and be sure to be thorough about ur overall experience with him. they dont ask for ur name or anything. maybe u can help others avoid him. rated my obgyn doctor because wut he did to me. its not right that they get away with this. my mistake is not doing my research on him beforehand, because after the damage had already bin done, i looked up his ratings, and it was then that i found out his overall rating on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, was a 1.7 with nothing but horror stories, from misdiagnosis to near death experiences. had i did my research, i probably wudve not had to have had cosmetic surgery at all to begin with...

The thing I hate is that you can't even take these bastards to court.
i am no doctor, but i feel so bad for u, oh my goodness. i wonder if ur doctor took advantage of u, or if he was just being honest. maybe he knew he did not have the craft to do what u requested. but if that were the case, he should have not done any surgery at all. did u have consultations with other surgeons that said they would be able to do what u requested? and if so, did u not pick them because of the cost? sometimes, u get what u pay for, u no? but if u decide to try again, maybe the next surgeon will give u a substantial discount due to sympathy of what u just went through. my surgeon did that for me, he gave me a revision price- a $1500 discount (paying $3057 total instead of $4557) because i told him my story of another surgeon that messed me up. its worth a try. oh and get a free consultation surgeon, i hate the ones that charge for conversation, ugh...