Rhinoplasty to Narrow Bridge - Now, Crooked Nose at 7 Weeks Post Op

I got my nose done because I did not like the wide...

I got my nose done because I did not like the wide bridge and the bulbous, ski slope tip. Also, as I am aging, my cartilage had begun to separate at the tip.

I am not sure of all the pros and cons just yet. I guess one pro is that the bridge is narrower. For the cons see below.

I am 7 weeks post op and am noticing that my nose curves to the left right under the bridge. It then curves back to a centered tip. The tip is also bigger than I imagined it being.

Last week at a post op appt., the dr. said it was due to asymmetrical swelling and that I needed to take my finger and run it down the left side of my nose to help shape it. My nostrils are also very uneven I am not convinced that this is just swelling and not a botch job.

I am extremely nervous about the outcome right now...

I am extremely nervous about the outcome right now. Anyone else with similar experiences? What was your outcome??

I am not sure just yet if I recommend him just yet. He has a great bed side manner and is very nice, but I am not completely confident with my results yet.

Oh man, I was thinking I was the only one dealing with this until I read all of these comments! I'm 8 weeks post op and I am experiencing the same thing. I told my doctor of my concerns when I saw him 5 days ago and he brushed them off and told me to look at the bigger picture. . I don't know what to do now because I don't feel like he cares at all what I feel about it, he already has my $8,000. Has your nose improved now?
At this point, a revision procedure would be indicated. Please realize that these are difficult procedures to achieve good results with, but I do believe that done properly, you could have a very nice improvement.
My doc was Dr. Greene. My nose was done in 2009 and again in early 2010. It has reduced in swelling and looks great from the side, but from the front it is still very crooked, although it is not noticeable unless I point it out. Overall, I am still unhappy and really wish I had researched docs a little more thoroughly.
who was your doctor?
who has was your doctor?
hey yoour nose looks really nice. did your nose shrink in length after the surgery because im 3 weeks post op but my nose looks the same size as pre op if not bigger.
I am so sorry you are unhappy, too. I have been trying to be positive, but as you know, it is hard. Hang in there! Hopefully yours will get better! I am still unhappy with my outcome. And, I do not see a significant change. It will be a year on 6/16...and I will be seeing my Dr. again on 6/28 to discuss the next steps.
I had an open rhinoplasty on 5-5-11. I have the exact same problem as you do. My nose looks crooked. My right nostrils looks bigger than my left one. The tip of my nose goes on the left side. From my right profile my nose looks much longer than my left profile. My doctor told me it's due to the swellings, but I don't have much swellings. I am very nervous. I am missing all the family function, because I am afraid the face anyone. Please let me know how are you doing now? Any changes good or bad? Thanks
Hi Kako2, Can you please share how's your nose as of date? has it straightned out?
My nose is still crooked. I was told that the bone on the left side was shortened too much. I do need to have a revision, but I will choose a different doctor.
thank you for your response Kako2, and good luck in your revision.
I had a very crooked nose to begin with and my doctor said that often cartilage often has a memory and goes back slightly after some time. He said that even if he makes it perfectly straight after around 6 months it'll move on its own and there isn't much I can do about it. It doesn't seem however that yours was crooked to begin with but it's hard to tell from pictures. I hope it works out! I'm one week post op and I'm nervous that it might go back to the way it was before. Just keep in mind that we are all our own worst critics and no one is sitting there analyzing your nose. You look great and all people will notice is your beautiful face as a whole :)
Thanks so much for the response! I agree, that is a lot of money to pay for it not not be right!!! I am sorry that you had to go through that. My Dr. does specialize in rhinoplasty, so I am hoping mine is just swelling, etc. I paid $9,600.00, so will not be pleased if this does not correct itself. :o(
My nose never did straighten out. It is not very obvious, and ppl don't notice unless I point it out, however, I feel like if you pay $6,000 the first time and then get a revision on the house due to it not looking right, it should look perfect. Not much I can do now since I am not going to have the same dr. revise again- not sure it would help. I just know to look for one who specializes in rhinoplasty!
@ Jaclynrenee: who was your Dr? I want to have rhinoplasty as well and am now backing out because of everyone's experience.
There is still a bit of swelling. Though the curvature seems a bit extreme, it might settle down. I would wait for an additional 3 months to see what swelling settles down. The nose reaches its 85% mark at about the 6 month mark. At that time it might be time to re-evaluate. My primary concern is the shape of the septum. Curvatures are most likely caused by inadequately treating the septum or excess cartilage resection of the septum. Either condition can cause warping of the septum.
Hi, I've got my surgery done on october 10, 2009. Initially my nose looked staright and nice post surgery. But after 3 weeks of surgery my nose started looking crooked. When I visited my doctor, he said keep massaging it and it will get straight. I've been doing that since then but I see no change, it still looks crooked. I am planning to tape my nose too at night jaclynrenee. I hope it works for me too. Cause right now everyone who sees me tells that my nose looks weird :(
your nostrils have definitely evened out between the two pics that you took from the bottom.
I had a rhinoplasty over 2 years ago and when the bandages came off my nostrils were very uneven and my nose curved to the right. (See my review) My nose is still very crooked. Hopefully your nose will straighten out over time, but that was not the case for me. It looks just like it did right after I had it done.
if it makes u feel better my tip is off centered not sure if its normal or not?
Hi I'm going through the same thing. I had my septorhino done two weeks ago. When the cast came off it looked nice and straight but over the last few days it's become crooked. Saw my surgeon today and he's happy with it and said the same thing to massage it. I guess I am early on but I'm sure it's going to stay crooked. Hope yours improves for you. You are still gorgeous anyway!
Thanks for the comments everyone. I have been taping my nose at night and it seems to be going down a little at a time. I still see the asymetry, but I am confident that it is not due to the bone structure, but to the swelling of the left side. I am still worried that the left side will not be as defined as the right because of scar tissue from a nose piercing that may be affecting that area. I visit my surgeon next week to discuss this.
Hi Jaclynrenee I hope everything goes better with time, I have the same problem with my nose and I was looking for a good revision Dr. I also live in San Antonio...could you tell me the name of your Dr.? It that's ok...thanks
Hi, I was just wondering the outcome of the shape of your nose. I had Rhinoplasty 8 weeks ago, and am having the exact same issues as you!! I had a small bump that I wanted to get rid of. Now my nose is still very swollen, has the same curvature as yours did, and seems to be leaning like yours. I am a bit concerned, to say the least!
my nose looked like that also but right now its been 6 months and its waaaay different I felt the same way and it also looked crooked but it got better and now Im really happy with the results my dr. said it could take up to 1 yr to get the final results but your new nose is way better than the one you had before and your old nose was very similar to my old nose hopefully everything will turn out good for you.