Bulbous Tip and Upturned Nose After Rhinoplasty

My nose was wide and side profile was too big. I...

My nose was wide and side profile was too big. I asked for my deviated septum to be corrected and my nose to be slimmed down and side profile to be not so big.

I am so upset about my new nose that i dont go out in public and still havent been back to work. I was so self conscious before about my nose and i cant believe that i still am. I even used a reputable company.

I had a rhino/septoplasty on 10-08-09 and the tip is still bulbous looking and upturned and my nose is still wide. I dont understand why my nose is upturned, is this swellling and when will it go down especially the tip?
The Hospital Group

I am still undecided as im not sure whether the results are just swelling

I had upper jaw surgery where my jaw was moved forward to correct an underbite. I wish i had a bigger nose because now it looks all squished. I don't think my small nose could handle the move forwards. Now I look around at people with big noses and envy them. Just a perspective from the other side of the coin.
I saw the surgeon today and he assured me the tip will go down and i have actually noticed myself that it has especially with the massaging. I think we need to be alot more patient and have trust in the surgeon. Well fingers crossed anyway....
I completely agree the media has slowly brainwashed me without me knowing and i also said i wouldnt be that way but im all for changing something if ur not happy with it. Life is too short to be unhappy i just hope that im happy with the end result which isnt quick enough!
isnt it really crap that we had to get it done in the first place, wish i was more happy with the way i look, but truth is i wasnt and thought this might help, it seems like evry good looking person on tv, or at least the people evryone says is good looking, none of them have even slightly big noses, all have slim noses, so cant help but feel ugly if you have a big nose.
trust me mate, it will go down. My nose was really swollen for the first few weeks and gradually it went down. Its a long process but you have to be patient. I am currently 4 months since my operation and although my nose is starting to take shape and look good i still have swelling in the tip area and the swelling changes on a daily basis. The tip will drop after a few months so dont worry.
Ahhh cheers that is so good to hear im glad you are starting to love ur nose. We spend so much money its only right we should happy!
you should go to a different plastic surgion to get another opinion. because you should be able to see a diff
that sounds crap, had my wide nose narrowed, relatively happy but thought it would have been more of a difference, also am obseesive compulsive and cant stop touching and playing with it
Hi there you said you had a wide nose narrowed, I'm going in Oct for the same thing doing would there be any chance of you posting a photo of your nose on the site for me to see it?? Thank you
hey claire, maybe go into my facebook have a llok, dont haveany old photos just new one, justin smith from australia, white shirt, st norbert coolage, perth

Rhinoplasty swelling can take 6-12+ months to resolve completely. Have you noticed any change at all since your surgery?

Here's a related thread that might also help: Upturned and more bulbous tip after Rhinoplasty?

Hi there has been some improvements and the tip is not as upturned as before but still is quite a bit and it doesnt seem to be getting better anymore...