Bi-racial, Had Nostrils and Tip Reduced 3 Years Ago - Montreal

I am biracial (black/white) and I had my nostrils...

I am biracial (black/white) and I had my nostrils and tip reduced 3 years ago. Although I liked my old nose, I didn't like the way my nostrils flared when I smiled. My doctor is the one who recommended the tip work, because he said he had to narrow my tip to match my nostrils. I didn't have an issue with my tip, but he is a reputable surgeon so I figured he knew best.

My surgeon was conservative and I was quite satisfied with the initial result (for the first year or so). But it is now three years later and my tip has become bulbous. My nose now looks bigger than it did before the surgery; it stands out. I find this very frustrating because I never even asked for the tip-plasty. I'd love to go back to my old nose which suited my face much better.

My question is, why would my tip become bulbous so long after the surgery? My pre-op tip was fine and my post-op tip was fine for the first year or so. Could this be attributed to the normal ageing process (I am age 30)? Could it have something to do with the fact that I gained about 10 pounds in the last 2 years? Could steroid injections help, or is it too late?

I have included 2 recent pictures.

Roger-Paul Delorme

I don't question the surgeon's skills, I think my problem is due to the way I heal.