NHS Versus Private - Does It Look Like I Will Be Needing a Third Operation? Please Help, I Feel As Though I Look Like a Klingon!

Pros - comfortable operation, improvements made...

Pros - comfortable operation, improvements made.

Cons - not entirely satisfied with my results so far, considering revision. I fractured my nose 2 years ago. As a result, I had septoplasty one year ago followed by a rhinoplasty (osteotomies only) 11 weeks ago to reduce the broadness of my nose and a small bump on one side (which turned out to be the roof of my nose which was brought in by the osteotomies).

I have now had two operations and I am concerned about the asymmetry of my nose to one side of my bridge. The side which is 'swollen' feels hard and stiff, whereas the other side feels and looks normal. At 11 weeks is this likely to be permanent or could it just be swelling? I don't have another appointment with the department for another 2 months so I could really do with some insight as to what it could be and whether or not I will need another operation, if they will allow me to.

NHS - London

I do appreciate the subtle/gradual approach of the NHS but fear I could've corrected my nose in the first operation if I had maybe gone to have it done privately.

May I ask what you had done? I'm freaking out about a revision rhino myself. You're very beautiful and if it was an open rhino, unfortunately, the swelling will take a while. (Awful, huh?)
"What you had done" = just the bridge? No tip work? No tip rotation?
You look pretty beautiful.. you don't need surgery at all.. you can go for silicon 1000 if you are very much concious.. otherwise you don't need anything.. believe me.
I think your nose looks beautiful. You are stunning. When I look at your face I don't even look at your nose i look at your lips. First I would suggest you wait 3 years before even considering because my nose changed for 3 years because I was swollen. I think you look perfect. You have a wide face so I don't think you would want a narrower nose it would look weird! You look awesome!
your nose i okey, i think no more suregery . if you do not have breathing problem or other serious issue. i think it looks good
hi honey, it looks like they have filed too much of your bridge causing it to look quite wide. I am having the same issue and going to request a further revision... i have a hump on my bridge following a horrific operation and overzealous rasping which has caused scarring of the bone, hence the growth of a hump i never had before :( Good luck xx
hello, no one expects a wider, bigger nose as a result when considering rhinoplasty. I had an elegant narrow nose with a hump. I always thought my nose is too big. Now the hump (almost) gone, but the bridge is definitely over built using graft cartilages on both sides. I feel myself like an Navi just my skin color is not blue. I am 100 days post op, I hope it will improve in the following 2-300 days but I know there is a little chance it will be so elegant as before. When I compared pre-op and post-op pictures I was shocked how smaller, narrower and more elegant was my nose originally.
Hi alamanac I had my first nosejob where my nose too was filed "flat", second time even flatter! - 3d time I got a nose specialist, not just a regular plastic surgeon.. My new doc told me plastic surgeons are taught different methods than nose specialists - and they supposedly know more about bone structure etc. If I were you I would change doctor and have a revision. Hope all is well Mia
Hi, Mia! I also in between plastic and orl specialist!! Last one prefer open and first closed rhynoseptoplasty..so, how it is going with your choice?