Restylane Under Eyes for Tired Eyes/dark Circles

I had deep dark circles under my eyes and was...

I had deep dark circles under my eyes and was tired of everyone asking me if I was tired (especially my mother-in-law).  I am considering eye surgery but can't find a surgeon who can give me a straight answer on what to do about lower lids (without creating a bigger mess) so I finally went to a p.s. and had him inject restylane under eyes.

I was a bit apprehensive as I've read about the complications, but I'm very happy I had the injections.  The dr used numbing cream and the pain was minimal (I seem to have a high tolerance for needles in my face...:-) After 2 weeks I'm still a bit bruised (I bruise very easily) even after taking Arnica etc, but I'm finally starting to see the result (the swelling didn't help) and I'm very pleased.  I think this took at least 5 years off my face and I feel very refreshed.

You do have to be patient to see the results but several people have said to me 'you look really good' lately without knowing what I did (that's when the bruises are covered by makeup!) and so I think it was well worth the money and time.  I did have just one lump which the p.s. basically just flattened out with his finger after 2 weeks.... I will still do upper eyes but would consider using this technique for lower without surgery.... I just hope it lasts a while as the downtime is not fun. Make sure you don't have any pressing work or social functions for a few days to a week if you bruise easily.

I have used restylane in my lips and always been happy with the results and so I also had a bit of restylane injected in jowl area to smooth this line out and it worked really well too.  I guess I'm a walking restylane advertisement...

Highland Park Facial Plastic Surgeon

He's a minimalist, doesn't over-recommend solutions and was very exact with the injections, took a lot of time and was quite gentle.

I know this was posted a long time ago, but how long did it last? Have you continued to do it, or did you find another solution. I have "deep set" eyes with dark trenches. I was looking to get a filler done in the "eye trough" area but not a lot of Dr's will do it. If anyone can reply, it would be greatly appreciated!
Who's your p.s? I'm thinking of getting it done and i live in NJ area? Thanks! Jen

Doctor information is shown at the top of the review. Click on that link for full contact details. Hope this helps!

lp2009 where did you get your restylane . (by which PS) I would like to have it done. Thanks!! KK
let me know how it goes! I'm now 3 months & going strong, my best friend recently said to me 'your face looks really good lately, are you getting more rest?' so there it is!
Well I had the restylane under my eyes done on 9/17/09...All I can say is WOW. I love love love the results! I had a wonderful PS do the procedure. Only 1cc was used. The most "shocking" thing of all is that I barely bruised! It was surprising since I bruise quite easily. (Slight swelling). I went to work the next day feeling fine. My dark circles aren't as dark...and waking up looking more "refreshed" is awesome. It's a shame that some people do not have a positive experience. I'm glad (and relieved) that I did!
Great review. I get restylane around my mouth and absolutely love it. So now I will try it underneath my eyes. I have been apprehensive about this procedure for a while, but have decided to try it. I also bruise easily and have started taking arnica...Although I'm sure I'll still have some slgiht bruising. My appointment is next week. I hope it goes well & that I am happy with the results!