Under Eye Hollows/tear Trough Treated with Fillers

I am 28 and I developed rather severe tear troughs...

I am 28 and I developed rather severe tear troughs when I started work, they developed over the course of two years. My face has changed since working on the computer all the time!

The doctor explained that the problem needed to be treated with a two-phase approach, the first phase was to treat some of the volume loss in the front of my cheeks (where I am naturally quite flat anyway).

She injected 1ml of Perlane deep into the tissue using a multipoint innjection technique. It hurt a bit but I didnt mind it, I had ice, it seemed to help a bit. Not bothered by the pain as it is so transient! It swelled up quite a bit but this went down after the first three days, then even more after two-three weeks. This had an amazing effect on my face. It felt like it lifted everything. I would like to get more here in the future, as now that the swelling has gone down I miss it a bit - (the filler still has a great effect, just not as much as the initial couple of days, where it lifted my minor jowl shadows. I had some bruising but it was yellow in colour so could hide pretty easily with makeup . The bruising was gone in a week.

The second phase was when she injected restylane into the actual tear troughs, which she did one month later. She used a multi injection technique (not threading). The result was super smooth result. This bruised worse - I had a dark bruise on my left eye - without makeup it looked like I had a little bit of a black eye. I didnt care too much about this, just wore sunnies and concealer.

I was advised that the Perlane would last 6 months, and the restylane about 3-4 months.

My eyes bags are completely gone I am so thrilled with how it looks! I told a few close friends and they were excited and want to go see my doctor. I those that dont know have made comments like "oh my god you look so refreshed" and "Now that you are not so stressed about 'xyz' you look so much younger!" ... It has been 2.5 months now since my intial treatment, and the results still look great! I would highly recommend this to anyone contemplating it. I am in Melbourne.

Thank you thank you for this information! I have been looking for a dr in Melbourne who does tear trough solutions with filler. And as you can imagine I am a bit apprehensive about getting it done due to reading many reviews on the internet of where it goes wrong.
Thanks for the responses. At my age, what risks are involved with doing temporary fillers? I know about bruising, but I've also heard about cysts forming. I've been considering having Prevelle injections as a "starter" filler, just to see what it looks like. Then I'll move on to a longer lasting filler. I probably won't be putting that under my eyes though. Most likely I'll use restylane for the eye area.
Also, do fillers lift the skin? I've recently developed major sag in my skin and huge dark under eye circles due to Rogaine use (caused severe hypotension).
As for fat transfer, that was my second choice. I've seen some pretty good facial fat transfers (Dr. Karam in San Diego) as well as successful fat transfers to the breast where the after pictures were taken 6 months - 3 years post procedure (Dr. Khouri at Miami Breast Center).
I also had massive facial fat atrophy happen to me from a miscommunicated radio frequency facial (was 23 at the time with all of my nice baby fat). This procedure was meant for more mature adults who've lost their baby fat and want to tighten jowls, etc. and instead it completely obliterated my supple cheeks to the extent that I looked like I just returned from a concentration camp. SO that is my story and the reason why it is important that I do something quick, before I lose anymore elasticity.
Is there a grace period from when first you notice sag or wrinkles in the skin to the time when they become permanent and no longer able to be treated?

Hi everyone. I've been injecting undereye areas for many years now and have never had anyone develop cysts in the skin. If your aesthetician has worked in the Ukraine during the 1990s it is possible that the treatments were not done with hyaluronic acid products. Restylane was only commercially released in the late 1990s, Juvederm in the early noughties (I think). In the 1990s collagen and Dermalive and a whole stack of now-banned fillers were commonly used. Fillers like Artecoll and Dermalive have caused thousands of complications/ eg granulomas back in the 1990s.
If you are in your 20s think carefully about your treatment options. Hyaluronic acid products are only temporary but that means they have a greater safety margin than so many of the older products. We have a little saying in the field of Cosmetic Medicine: Permanent fillers= permanent problems. Not in every case, granted, but do you want to risk it at all when you're only 20 or 30yo? I definitely wouldn't! Safety should always be the first consideration, regardless of the cosmetic problem.
Oh, and fat transfer is a waste of time since most (70%) of it dies within 3 months, and there is a huge risk that the remaining 30% will take better on one side than the other..meaning that every time you gain or lose weight, your face will (asymmetrically) as well!

Find yourself a good doctor. My doctor is a plastic surgeon, she has specialised in this field her whole medical career and has an unblemished safety record. It does not cost much more to go to someone really good. Its worth it!