Restalyn Got Rid of my Dark Circles and Hollows

I had the worst dark circles under my eyes from a...

I had the worst dark circles under my eyes from a very young age. Like most women, I would look in the mirror and pull and push the skin to try and figure out what would help. I pushed up and thought," if this were there, it would look great. Then it came to me, filler! I had also seen the NIP?TUCK episode where they filled in hollows on a man with HIV and thought...okay, I'm going online now. (No, I don't have HIV.) I went online and did some research, read the riviews and had seen some great results from resty. I also read horror stories, so I made sure to go to a good dr for this one.

I was scared and excited all at the same time. They gave me some numbing creme and IT STILL HURT and I started to bruise a bit, but I could see the difference right away. My Undereye Hollows were GONE and the dark rings were 80% lighter. I did have some bruising and a couple of injection lumps, but they cleared up in about a week. I also had a bit of what I call "chicken skin." I little yellowish spotty area, but that is long gone now. All of this was easily covered by makeup.

I will admit, I was a bit embarrassed a couple of times during the day. Give yourself about 8 days for the full results and be patient. I have been doing this for 3 years. I really feel that this has helped with my under eye wrinkles, as it helps collagen come back to the area. I don't like to tell my friends I had it done, but anomalously, I will tell anyone who wants to know.

I am grateful for the reviews I read that gave me the confidence to do it, so I am passing this along.

My big advice: take pics, plan ahead, and be paitent and don't be afraid to talk to your doctor and ask for a touch up.

DC woman doc

Hey guys,

Since there have been a few posts requesting to know the doctor, I just wanted to mention that we leave it optional for community members to share this information. Some are simply not comfortable sharing it, but we appreciate them sharing their thoughts on the procedure itself nonetheless.

Although its not exactly the info you were hoping for, if you click on the Find a Doctor tab near the top of the page you can narrow it down to your area, by specialist or procedure. You can then read the profiles, Q&A answers, and reviews of those doctors to see if they are someone you would want to consider seeing for your treatment.

Hope that helps some at least. :)

Sorry, I don't get on here much anymore. It was Dr. Jaffee on Rockledge Drive in Bethesda. Good Luck!

Thanks for coming back on to share that info - much appreciated! :)

I had juvederm under my eyes 2 years ago and it ended up with 2 surgeries to correct what it did.. I still don't feel like myself. The hollows are gone but something doesn't look right. I don't think juvederm is supposed to be used under the eyes. I would be very careful as these doctors just want your money and will put anything anywhere. (some of them)

Which doctor did you go to?
Hi there,

Im thinking of considering restylane for my eye circles...may I know who your doctor in DC is? Im looking for a really good doctor that can inject me w/ no side effects. thanks!
Hi I just had my tear troughs done with restylane 3 days ago.They are swollen and lumpy and created some wrinkling under each eye.Did this happen to you also and will this go away in a few days.The plastic surgeon injected it himself and he is board certified.Please answre back soon. thank you for your post!
Yes, it was a little lumpy during the first week and it was finally gone 2 weeks later. Mine was swollen from the injection. Maybe rub it a little.It will settle down.
Hello, I also have really dark circles under my eyes and I am trying to find a long-lasting solution. Makeup doesnt seem to cover it up completely. Does anyone know any good/affordable doctors in NJ/NY that specialize in this? Thanks!
Hi I just got my under eyes down left eye has a whelp do you know if this will go down? it doesnt feel like this anything hard under it but it sticking up like a whelp.just did it today and iam very bruised on both eyes and I dont normally bruise easily.
Did it go away?
Hi I just had my undereye hollows done about 6 days ago. Its very bruised but it looks like maybe when the bruising goes away and I can see that it will look a lot better. But i'm not sure yet. I'm concerned as I had juvederm This was my second area with juvederm. i'm wondering why the doctor didnt use restalyn instead.
My Dr did the same thing. Still looks fine to me. Hope you turned out okay!
Thanks so much for writing this review. I have the same concern with my undereye hollows and reading about your experience helps!