Restylane Put Under Both Eyes to Blend in Upper Cheeks. Later Had It Dissolved with Hyaluronidase, Which Left Indents

I went to another Doctor. He used Hyaluronidase to...

I went to another Doctor. He used Hyaluronidase to dissolve Reatylane. Does Hyaluronidase dissolve tissue that you do not want to dissolve. I never had these indents beforeI notice on both Eyes under the Tear Tough area under my Skin i had indented. I think thats where the Doctor injected the Hyaluronidase too.

I had Restylane put under Both Eyes to Blend in Upper Cheeks.I had bags. This doctor didn't know what he was doing. It looked lumpy,uneven and also a Bluish tint too. So 3 months later i had it Dissolved with hyaluronidase. Now i see Indents.

-- Updated on Nov 10, 2009:

Did the hyaluronidase cause the indents under both Eyes? Thats where in was injected. Can Fat Grafting add under the skin add volume to the area. I don't like the Fillers because i saw the Blueish tint in my Skin. Didn't feel right under my Skin. what's the difference between Fat Grafting. Are there different Techinques.

do you have any updates on your situation? i have a similar hollowing and i dont want to do anything to make things worse. Hard to decide if i should leave this alone or do filler or fat graft or later canthopexy.
this same thing happened to me too. i had had a very small amount of juvederm put under each eye after my first botox injection for crows feet created strange creases running from the inner corners of my eyes down across my cheeks, like a second set of tear troughs... a friend of mine had had the same thing happen to her cheeks. i had the juvederm put just at the ends of these creases to try to make them look less dramatic and it helped a tiny bit, but after a year or so one side would be swollen occasionally in the morning creating a little pouch. it would go down after a few hours, but i made the mistake of going BACK to have the juvederm dissolved just on that side. i should have left it alone. my aesthetician seemed hesitant to dissolve it when it was not unsightly - most - of the time. she didn't tell me that the hyluroidase might dissolve more than the juvederm. i - immediately - had a pronounced dent where the juvederm had been, making me look far older and worse... i was a little shocked and she said - "yah, i know - one thing causes another thing. don't worry - it'll go away.".... which it never completely has, though it's better than it was. it seems to have partially filled back in naturally over the last 8 months. the secondary tear troughs have never gone away, nor have my crows feet muscles ever fully come back, which is a shame, cause my smile and the shape of my cheeks were way better before i did all that. another thing is that i had loved botox, and had a few years worth of injections and it seemed that my skin was always mildly itchy untill the botox wore off. i had read that itching is one of the more common side effects so i didn't think anything of it, i figured that's just how it is. i finally asked another injector about the itching, and she was shocked - she said - what do you mean "itching"...? said she could not treat me, consulted with an allergan rep who told her to tell me to never get injected with botox or any botulism product ever again!!! that i was having a SERIOUS side effect that could result in anaphylactic shock... i consider myself very lucky to have stopped short of some of the major - life altering - damage i have read about here. and all the doctors say is that these things - which directly result from these procedures are - totally unrelated. buyer beware.....
Hi baby joe,
I live in NJ too and had a nightmare experience.
Dud yours resolve? Would you mind sharing dr names with me? Thanks
I had Restylane injected under both eyes in November 2011. It looked like it was injected in the wrong spot (not in the divets under my eyes, but below that). It looked like I had ridges under my eyes. I went back 3 times to have it disolved under my right eye and 1 time under my left eye. I am left with what looks like a permanent black eye under my right eye. Not sure what to do now....
I had two syringes of Restylane injected over a month ago under each eye. My eyes have swollen shut numerous times. I am so frustrated. I am afraid to have it dissolved but this reaction is affecting my ability to function.
Hi there, it is sad that you are stuck with blue under your skin for now. I would say wait it out; at least it will eventually go away and you'll be back to square one. I had a lower bleph six months ago and I am not at all satisfied with the results. I will never be back to my original face. Be thankful you only have to wait to allow the Restylane dissolve on its own. Now you know you are not a candidate for filler under the eye, at least with that provider. You tried and you learned something. Hang in there.
now , two sides at my cheek where have Restylane , i see tint blues , i don't know how reduce that blue . look like blue bruise or , it inside skin . i can't makeup hide it , because it will appear when i stand the white light or sunlight. i'm so sad. i'm stuck.
hyaluronidase DOES NOT dissolve your tissue or fat, what it does dissolve is your own hydroaluain acid and yes, leave indents, holes, whatever you want to call them. You think the agent knows the difference between hydo acid that was put in or your own? no it does not, it wipes it all out. I would suggest waiting out the ugly result. these dr really really suck at filler under the eye. I am sure there are a few good ones but apparently none of us know whop they are.
4 month ago I had Restylane injections to my tear trough and cheek area, and now they look even more weird and bumpy . I'm wondering if I can get rid of them and how long would I have to wait before it's safe to use Hyaluronidase acid. or can Restylane will eventually dissolve after 6-9 months ? cause i hear many ideas about side effect of Hyaluronidase : it can ruin the natural tissue . i'm worried between wait for Restylane will eventually dissolve and use Hyaluronidase ? give me an advise . thanks
I'm not quite sure about the reasons you got restylane, but wouldn't a lower blepheroplasty (ie eye bag removal) have been a better solution?
In answer to the question "Wouldn't a lower blepharoplasty have been a better solution?": No, no, and double Hell no. The lower blepharoplasty is very, very risky. I had one in February and regret it immensely. I wish I had gone to a talented filler practitioner instead. When they do a lower bleph there is a HUGE risk of too much fat being removed and you end up with hollows under your eyes that look unnatural and certainly no better than the natural bags that you were trying to get rid of. Now I am researching using filler to return some of the natural fullness that was completely stripped away by the lower bleph. Be careful, apparently perfectly talented plastic surgeons can perform a perfect, text-book lower bleph and you can still end up hollow. They can't predict how it will turn out on each patient until they try it. What you end up with is what you get; the results are permanent and there is no going back in time.
Every surgery has risks, but I'm not aware of lower bleph being especially risky.

I got a lower bleph 12 years back with a 3 day recovery. I so hated those bags under my eyes. It was the best $5K I ever spent, am still happy with the results all these years later.

Of course if I'd had a hollow effect, I wouldn't have been quite as happy, but it would have been better than the bags.
Well, you were lucky. If you look into it, you will find that people's lives have been destroyed by plastic surgery gone wrong. Some unfortunate souls have even committed suicide. The decision to have cosmetic surgery cannot be taken lightly. There are serious risks and thousands upon thousands of people out there who are anywhere from devastated to upset by their results. Again, thank your lucky stars your results were what you had hoped for. Take care.
I went for Restylane in 4/05, thought it worked somewhat well but the first Dr. didn't use enough or have good technique. The first "salon" physician charged $500. The second was a different office (plastic surgeon) another $500 I never saw the surgeon but the nurse did a very acceptable job with the injections. After getting pregnant and a few months later I woke up with what felt like horribly painful cycts in the area of my lower orbit in 8/05 (8 weeks pregnant) went to an opthamologist. I called the plastic surgeon to report adverse reaction. It went down in 24 hours and that was that.I was happy for about two years. Now the bags almost six years later. IT PUFFS. Like a scafold for the tissue to puff on. I am too scared to get it fixed. Although I am 37 and often am told I look much younger THE BAGS ARE TERRIBLE. I can't go get the Hyaluronidase and risk it with no health insurance. Guess I'll just keep looking like a HAG. Thank's Oprah, brillant bad idea you had on your show.
Hello Tece, You should go see a Oculoplastic plastic Surgern. They are good for the Eye area. See what they say. Always let the Doctor inject you not the Nurse. Also watch you're Diet.NO WHITE BREADS , NO SALT. SLEEP ON YOU"E BACK WITH YOU"RE HEAD UP a 2 Pillows. You may see that this may help. I had a Doctor injext me with filler. He messed my face up. I hit every Vein. I was Bruised for weeks and i had Lumps and bumps. I had another dissolve alittle and i worked.
So does the hyaluronidaise (sp?) damage the tissue? If so how and to what degree and is it reversable or fixable? Asking about under eye area.
Hi there, it didn't damage my tissue and i've had 3 syringes of hyalase. I have got fluid retention ontop of my cheeks though apparently from trauma which is disspersing very slowly. My eyes went right down immediately though, you def need to get someone who knows how to use it.
Jesus! sorry about my spelling.
Thanks Swollen Eye, Yes you did helpme and i think you are right. I still have some Restylane not much under both Eyes and Cheeks. I did read some posting that the Hyluroidase Enyme dissolves some Tissue. So i did get nerves about it. I just don't want to have the doctor use the Hyluroidase Enyme to take out the rest. Just in case it does dissolve good Tissue.
I had a complete nightmare too with tear trough filler. The fist time I had it dissolved by the inept idiot, she did it in a line and I ended up with a groove like you, I also thought it was the hyalase. I then saw an occular plastic surgeon who immediately put my mind at rest and administered to large hyalse injection, one under each eye. The groove dissappeared and my eyes went back to normal, skin definitely not damaged from hyalase. I still appear to have a small amount of resty ontop of my cheeks both where it migrated and I'll prob go back and have more hyalse at some point. Hope this helps, I would say what you have is restlane still abouve and below which makes the dissolved area look indented just as I did.
I am so sorry that this happened to you. It happened to me too! Be very cautious about having filler put back in! Unfortunately, I had it some put back in and it now looks worse! That filler reducer is a nightmare! I was told if they used it (which I was overfilled under the eyes initially) and if they put the reducer in it would only leave me as I was at my inital visit! NOT! I have aged l0 years under my left eye and am now undergoing fraxel treatments to try and get rid of some of the new horrible wrinkles the reducer created! These wriinkles cannot be treated with botox as they are not created by muscle movement. I now live under ththe mask of glasses.Talk to several doctors before you decide what to do. Would like to hear from you.
Hello thanks for responding. I'm really sorry to hear about your story. What filler did you have put into your face. Was it a HA product (Restylane,Juvéderm ). So the Doctor over filled your face and then he used Hyluroidase to dissolve the Filler. Did he put the Hyluroidase on both sides of our face. And now you have wrinkles that you never had before. Are the wrinkle in the area were he injected the Hyluroidase. My doctor said the indents i have isn't from the Hyluroidase. The Doctor who put the Filler in my Face. He messed me up. He didn't what he was doing. I was so bruised,lumpy,bumpy and plus i had a Bluish Tint under both Eyes. 3 months later i went to a different Doctor. He said he needs to dissolve some of the filler to get rid of the lumpiness,bumpiness. He used Hyluroidase. And it looked better. So 1.5 Month later i went back to see the new doctor and he said your face is still over filled. So now he wanted to dissolve all of the filler. He used the Hyluroidase. So now i see these indents under both Eyes. He said it's not from the Hyluroidase. It's from the filler getting disslove and from the first doctor who over filled my face. When the first doctor over filled me i could see some lines where the indent are now. All i know is you have to find a good doctor who knows how to inject filler.
The enzyme created indents under my eyes and also left me with lax skin on the side used. Idiot dr Rivkin in Los Angeles used way too much.