Regretful - Limelight Laser, Laser Genesis and Chemical Peels for Mild Rosacea

I had Limelight laser, Laser Genesis and chemical...

I had Limelight laser, Laser Genesis and chemical peel treatments to treat mild Rosacea. I now have hyperpigmentation and scars on my face. I am so upset about it, don't want to go out in public and cry about it daily. Make-up does not cover it.

I did these treatments to correct something mild and now have much worse problems. Make-up covered my mild rosacea, it does not cover the hyperpigmentation/scars.

Could you please tell me if there is anything I can do to correct this? I have gone to a few doctors and all tell me something different. I'm so confused. Please help! :(

My skin is much worse.

Just a quick suggestion that may help to work out why some people have had unexpected complications from their laser or chemical peel treatments: could those affected please indicate what their skintype is? If you're not sure, please google Fitzpatrick skintype classification, and also indicate your eye and hair colour if possible, as this information is important for assessing whether you were an appropriate candidate for the treatment in the first place. The safest skintypes to treat with just about any laser or chemical peels are always those in Fitzpatrick 1-3, never 5-6, and only with the utmost caution and to a very limited extent Fitz 4. Laser Genesis and Coolglide can be used on almost any skintype though...if you know what you're doing!
I have pale skin, blue eyes and brown hair. I was told I was the perfect candidate for lasers.
does anyone have any good experience with using virgin coconut oil to help heal the skin?
i had the peel done almost seven months ago and still trying to heal, physically as well as emotionally
suffering from major depression, ocd, anxiety, and panic attacks due to bad reaction i had to a chemical peel:(.....i miss my old self so much
Hi marias88, I'm so sorry to hear what your going through and I know how you feel :( Coconut oil didn't work for me, it actually irritated my skin more. I was so depressed like you and I was trying to fix my face quickly and found being harsh and everything I did made it worse. Then I let my skin rest and gave it time to heal with using mild products and years later my skin is very slowly getting better, it will never be the way it was but I truly believe the gentle products I use are truly helping. What skin type are you and what sort of reaction have you had and has your skin been burnt? Just asking so I can recommend a few products as I went thought so many different products and different product lines to get to where I am. Hope you're ok xo
Please everyone! Write to the FDA to let them know your experience! I realize this won't help us, but it MAY help others.
hey cha...thanks for your reply....i believe i had a very bad allergic reaction...or the peel was just too strong for my skin...:( i looked like a ms. santa clause with. red mustache and skin peeling last christmas....it was awful...i had a medium level peel done from sona med spa, midlothian, va. the peel was from the Skin Medica Line.......its been seven mos....i thought my skin could handle it but i guess i was wrong:(...i thought i had beens burned when itall happenned..but thankfully somehow my red mustache heeled....im still is still very sensitive on the right side of my face....it burns sometimes....my skin is definintely sensitive...but the right side of my face has a very hard timr holding moisture
the right side of my face looks better than it did three mos ago. but is looks flushed alot sometimes......its such a long story....but i could email you the pics of what happenned to me....it actually put me in the hospital my depression got so bad. i just was really bad off......:(
again, thanks for your reply cha...for months after the peel i could only use water to wash my face....the peel was done december 2013.....im just now able to use my proactiv again in my t zone area...not all the way yet....i have some coconut oil...just not sure if i should try it...as it may flare up.....cant figure out if its sebhorric dermatitis or eczema on the right side......ughhhhh and oh....i developed keratosis pilaris too after this incident....verrrry longggg story..................gonnna go put aquaphor on my face...chat soon
is anyone still responding to this post?
hello......anyone there?
Limelight worked for me, but because it is so expensive I only did one, and after 6 month, more or less, it's all back, I really get stress out with the way my face looks... It's the redness and brown spots all together...
you should look into products with natural ingredients that will help your skin rejuvinate. any chemical will damage your skin because your facial skin is sensative. specific type of plant enzymes works best. it helps your cells to build new skin. Not chemical!
Thanks for your comment dera! Could you please suggest certain ingredients/products or a skincare lint that you know of. Thanks again xo
hello, are you referring to natural products like organic virgin coconut oil?, thanks, e
I was considering having n lite before my wedding I have mild rosacea reading here I probably wont! Things that work for me is splashing my face with resonably hot water !5 times twice a day it exfoliates. To get rid of scars pigmentataion etc try silica gel. Dermatix it works even on old scars. Basically you rub on twice a day for about 8 weeks and it resurfaces the skin. I had a big scar where a chunk of collarbone was removed and I now have no scar.
Hi everybody! I just really want to talk to sOmeone who feel my pain, 5 months ago had a chemical peel done at a stupid spa plus One month after had microdermabrasion( hydrafacial) my skin is horrible, i got hyper/hypopigmentation, scars ,0pen pores, Well you name it, i been going tru bad depression and no One understand, i cry everyday! I know i got two Beautiful Kids, i know i should not be selfish, but i feel like freddy krueger! I ruined my life the worse mistake Ever! And the worst part i Pay to look like this! My email is yairiscassells@Yahoo.com im desperate some times i dont even want to live no more, i just need someone to talk at least by messages, my family and friends are suffering too for what im going thru and i think they tired of listening to me about the same. Please advice
I understand exactly how you feel Yairis!!! I wish we could turn back time, I would have never touched my face. I think my family also got sick of hearing me go on, I got really depressed as well and didn't want to leave the house. You can send private messages via this site. If you ever need to talk or need advice on what I've done just send me a private message as I don't want to give my email address out. Don't do anything harsh to your face, the best thing to do right now is to let it rest, use calming products and keep it well moisturised while it's healing. I just read up about BB Creams....I heard the Missha Cho Bo Yang is the best, from what I've read so far is they were designed to help your skin heal after surgery or these procedures we've had, I'm going to look into them a little more..you might want to do the same. I'm thinking of you....message me anytime xoxo
Thanks! I Will really check about it! Because i went to a Dermatologist and she gave me finacea and aveeno moisturizer with sunblock after 12 weeks my skin got a lot worse! Then looking for sunblock i find Out that almost all the sunblocks in atores contains chemicals that damage your skin even more!!! Its been 5 months and my skin is worse tahn Ever! I have an appt with another Derm on monday im praying that he give me something good im tired of spending money on stuff that make my skin worse, but honestly reading all over the internet i got no hope for my skin to get better! Thanks for the support!
COTZ Sunblock by Fallene & PCA Pigment bar: Hi Yairis, I too have gotten hyperpigmentation after laser (fractional co2) - but nowhere near as bad as the other ladies who've posted. I've always had trouble with sunscreens (burning eyes, breakouts, yucky smell). Most are chemical based but I have finally found a non-chemical sunblock. It's the best I've used and the only one I've been able to use long-term.
It's COTZ by Fallene at w ww.totalblock.com. I use the lightly tinted, Cotz spf 58. It's quite thick and slightly sticky for my oily skin, but I don't care as it works so well for me. I powder my face with Jane Iredale mineral foundation for coverup, and MAC Blot powder for shine.
With almost two years of daily use, along with the PCA Pigment bar soap (note:this soap can be a bit drying) the pigmentation is fading. I'm not going to take any more chances with any type of laser. Good luck!
hello, how are you doing?? i just read your post, i know its from quite some time ago...........
Haven't been on for a while. Just read all your comments and feel for all of you. My skin has settled, the colour and texture has improved but still not what I had before I started these treatments. I cover it really well. The wrinkles are the worst, I'm 38....I looked like I was in my mid 20's before treatments and I now look like im in my mid 40's. I don't think my skin is going to improve much more so I've just learned to deal with it and I'm trying to move on. My only advice to people thinking of having laser treatments or acid peels is: Don't touch your face! Even the best doctors out there can ruin your skin, it's just not worth taking the risk.
Hi Cha,
I read in one of your msgs that you mastered covering up the hyperpigmentation. I have both hyper and hypo pigmentation on my face. How do you cover yours? Is there a certain makeup that works better than others? Thank you for sharing your experience.