Regretful - Limelight Laser, Laser Genesis and Chemical Peels for Mild Rosacea

I had Limelight laser, Laser Genesis and chemical...

I had Limelight laser, Laser Genesis and chemical peel treatments to treat mild Rosacea. I now have hyperpigmentation and scars on my face. I am so upset about it, don't want to go out in public and cry about it daily. Make-up does not cover it.

I did these treatments to correct something mild and now have much worse problems. Make-up covered my mild rosacea, it does not cover the hyperpigmentation/scars.

Could you please tell me if there is anything I can do to correct this? I have gone to a few doctors and all tell me something different. I'm so confused. Please help! :(

My skin is much worse.

Limelight worked for me, but because it is so expensive I only did one, and after 6 month, more or less, it's all back, I really get stress out with the way my face looks... It's the redness and brown spots all together...
you should look into products with natural ingredients that will help your skin rejuvinate. any chemical will damage your skin because your facial skin is sensative. specific type of plant enzymes works best. it helps your cells to build new skin. Not chemical!
Thanks for your comment dera! Could you please suggest certain ingredients/products or a skincare lint that you know of. Thanks again xo
I was considering having n lite before my wedding I have mild rosacea reading here I probably wont! Things that work for me is splashing my face with resonably hot water !5 times twice a day it exfoliates. To get rid of scars pigmentataion etc try silica gel. Dermatix it works even on old scars. Basically you rub on twice a day for about 8 weeks and it resurfaces the skin. I had a big scar where a chunk of collarbone was removed and I now have no scar.
Hi everybody! I just really want to talk to sOmeone who feel my pain, 5 months ago had a chemical peel done at a stupid spa plus One month after had microdermabrasion( hydrafacial) my skin is horrible, i got hyper/hypopigmentation, scars ,0pen pores, Well you name it, i been going tru bad depression and no One understand, i cry everyday! I know i got two Beautiful Kids, i know i should not be selfish, but i feel like freddy krueger! I ruined my life the worse mistake Ever! And the worst part i Pay to look like this! My email is yairiscassells@Yahoo.com im desperate some times i dont even want to live no more, i just need someone to talk at least by messages, my family and friends are suffering too for what im going thru and i think they tired of listening to me about the same. Please advice
I understand exactly how you feel Yairis!!! I wish we could turn back time, I would have never touched my face. I think my family also got sick of hearing me go on, I got really depressed as well and didn't want to leave the house. You can send private messages via this site. If you ever need to talk or need advice on what I've done just send me a private message as I don't want to give my email address out. Don't do anything harsh to your face, the best thing to do right now is to let it rest, use calming products and keep it well moisturised while it's healing. I just read up about BB Creams....I heard the Missha Cho Bo Yang is the best, from what I've read so far is they were designed to help your skin heal after surgery or these procedures we've had, I'm going to look into them a little more..you might want to do the same. I'm thinking of you....message me anytime xoxo
Thanks! I Will really check about it! Because i went to a Dermatologist and she gave me finacea and aveeno moisturizer with sunblock after 12 weeks my skin got a lot worse! Then looking for sunblock i find Out that almost all the sunblocks in atores contains chemicals that damage your skin even more!!! Its been 5 months and my skin is worse tahn Ever! I have an appt with another Derm on monday im praying that he give me something good im tired of spending money on stuff that make my skin worse, but honestly reading all over the internet i got no hope for my skin to get better! Thanks for the support!
COTZ Sunblock by Fallene & PCA Pigment bar: Hi Yairis, I too have gotten hyperpigmentation after laser (fractional co2) - but nowhere near as bad as the other ladies who've posted. I've always had trouble with sunscreens (burning eyes, breakouts, yucky smell). Most are chemical based but I have finally found a non-chemical sunblock. It's the best I've used and the only one I've been able to use long-term.
It's COTZ by Fallene at w ww.totalblock.com. I use the lightly tinted, Cotz spf 58. It's quite thick and slightly sticky for my oily skin, but I don't care as it works so well for me. I powder my face with Jane Iredale mineral foundation for coverup, and MAC Blot powder for shine.
With almost two years of daily use, along with the PCA Pigment bar soap (note:this soap can be a bit drying) the pigmentation is fading. I'm not going to take any more chances with any type of laser. Good luck!
Haven't been on for a while. Just read all your comments and feel for all of you. My skin has settled, the colour and texture has improved but still not what I had before I started these treatments. I cover it really well. The wrinkles are the worst, I'm 38....I looked like I was in my mid 20's before treatments and I now look like im in my mid 40's. I don't think my skin is going to improve much more so I've just learned to deal with it and I'm trying to move on. My only advice to people thinking of having laser treatments or acid peels is: Don't touch your face! Even the best doctors out there can ruin your skin, it's just not worth taking the risk.
Hi Cha,
I read in one of your msgs that you mastered covering up the hyperpigmentation. I have both hyper and hypo pigmentation on my face. How do you cover yours? Is there a certain makeup that works better than others? Thank you for sharing your experience.
@skintemple all sounds great. I only go to the best. I would not even let a tech or nurse do laser hair removal on me. Had an MD that ran the derm laser dept in the top hospital in Boston & did 2 extra years of laser training still does not always add up to positive results.
But yes one must do their homework.
I did 2 treatments of limelight face neck chest & arms. I now have lots of brown spots, redness on all areas. The skin on my face is horrid now & it's also drooping & wrinkling. Yes this happens as we age but for all of this to happen & continue to happen right after my second treatment tells me it was limelight. I am not old but now I look it. I am not going to do anymore they say they don't know what happened. BS! It's obvious this is not working for many.
I wouldn't do any peels if you had laser treatments. It's been 15 months and my face still hasn't healed. The peels only damage the skin more.
Does anyone know if the old school Phenol peel using carbolic acid would help? I have tried everything and nothing has worked. As I sit here I am currently in the process of peeling after an Vi peel. The skin underneath is just as discolored as before. Sigh! A few plastic surgeons will still perform a phenol peel (i understand you may have to be knocked out for this so you have to have an actual Dr. do the peel). Has anyone out there had a Phenol peel and what were your results?
It's really fascinating hearing about everyone's experiences around the world! I love this site!!
So concerned for those of you who have had a bad experience..I wonder what the important lessons are for those others reading these posts who are still doing background research before committing to treatment?
For me, as both a consumer and service provider, the important things are about having really strong communication with your doctor, and that includes being able to trust his/her expertise, as well as report any concerns before, during and after the treatment, preferably as soon as you have a concern, you should raise it. Don't wait!
If you are worried about something, you probably have good reason to be..or at least the doctor should be able to reassure you in an educated, but not patronising, way.
It takes a long time to get a really good understanding of any one laser machine..at least 6months, probably longer for some lasers, depends on many factors.
Ask your doctor how long they've been using the machine, how many clients per week they treat with it, how many refunds they've given, or unhappy/burnt clients they've had. Also, and I think this is a really really important point, have they had any post-graduate training in dermatology? This could be in the form of a Diploma, Certificate, or preceptorship programme attached to a dermatologist. Unfortunately though, not all medical dermatologists really understand cosmetic dermatology and vice versa.
The best recommendation, in this as in so many other aspects of life, is usually word of mouth!
That is how you will find GOLD!! And how you will avoid having the problems described on here.
Good luck and great skin everyone!
The fact that training varies greatly around the world is definitely true, and I'm sure lack of training accounts for much of the damage caused. I had my IPL done at the laser treatment clinic in Harley street, each time i went I had a different practitioner most of whom looked like they'd just finished sixth form college. The area where I was burnt under my eye now has hyperpigmentation. I understand that in England there is no qualifications legally needed for treating people with IPL. I wrote in April last year about the problematic journey i've had with trying to sort out my skin, and thanks so much for the supportive messages and comments people left. I have some good and bad news. Kitty, I went on the Obagi nu derm course in October last year, under the instruction of a cosmetic dermatologist. I would strongly reccomend against this to anyone with sensitive rosacea skin types. I spent three months with a bright red peeling dry face that according to my boyfriend looked like a 'slapped ballbag' I kept telling everyone that it would be worth it and the redness and peeling skin would subside to reveal beautiful new skin underneath. It didn't. After ten weeks on holiday in HongKong, people were actually stopping and staring at me I looked like i had 3rd degree burns on my face. When I stopped the treatment my skin went back to normal but the spots reappeared with the addition of some permanant wierd blotches. The hyperpigmentation got better but has reappeared again. The good news is I went to see a really good medical dermatogogist and he said the hyperpigmentation was caused by inflamation from the treatments. As a first cause of action he is treating the rosacea with Tetralysal antibiotics and Rosex cream which is working incredibly well! I'm over the moon. The Rosex caused a bad reaction initially but the antibiotics have made my skin more resilient and now I can use a tiny bit of the cream on specific areas each night. As a conclusion I would say to anyone with problematic skin go and see a really good medical dermatologist.
I'm glad to hear you haven't had a complication. I am living proof that ipl does ruin a person's face.
I am a cosmetic physician based in Melbourne who has used the Cutera system in my practice for over 6 yrs now, without any significant problems whatsoever!! This includes Limelight, Genesis, PEARL, Coolglide (I don't have the Titan or PEARL fractional).

I've treated thousands of people over the years without any of the terrible outcomes reported here...perhaps it wasn't the equipment but the user/settings/pre and post care that were the problem.

Laser treatments should only be done by trained and experienced medical practitioners, not laser "technicians" or "aestheticians"....and even then, not all medical practitioners understand skin enough to know how to recognise a high risk skin type or what to do with sensitive, irritated skin or even congested skin.

The specialty of cosmetic medicine is still evolving and the level of training appears to vary greatly in all countries around the world.

I hope those of you who have had problems with your laser treatments find someone eventually who understands your problems and is able to help resolve them.
I had two moles removed with no scars; however, I am very strict about maintaining a healthy lifestyle and I use a natural salt-based salve as a facial moisturizer that acts as a healing balm. Has anyone tried body sugaring as a natural alternative to laser hair removal? I am tired of tweezing, but am reluctant to use laser treatments after hearing some of your stories.
Thanks for your comments sjane333!
Thank you Happywithme....such a beautiful comment that I'm going to take a lot from. It came at the right time....I so needed to read it!!!!!

I hope your doing well Kitty, like I said before, I always think of you.

To those that sent me private messages, sorry I haven't been able to access them?! I'm not sure why but I can't open them....please try and send them again.
Yes RevealGirl my life has been ruined! Your face is the first thing people see! Having gone from having a nice face to having one that is ruined, it is a major trauma. You are a moron! I know people have cancer etc... the people who did my laser (a plastic surgeon, not a beautician) sent me to a dermatologist who gave me a medication that was way too toxic for me - the medication gave me major health complications and also gave me a GIGANTIC tumour the size of a melon that grew in my abdomen - this all happened because the medication compromised my liver and messed up everything internally for me... Having a gigantic tumour that causes all sorts of other health complications means I can no longer work so we have also been thrust into poverty. The additional health problems mean I now also run a very hig risk of various cancers... get a life...
I think reveal girl was just trying to help. I've also had terrible damage from ipl and laser genesis. My face has etched lines all over it and I lost most of the fat out of my face. I may have had mild rosacea before, but I looked my age. (30) Now I look like I've abused myself, and look 20 years or more older than I did. I wanted to die too. But you can't live like that. You need to pray and ask the Lord for his guidance, because without it, life is just not worth living.
Kitty, Im so sorry for everything you've gone through. I also have had very horrific damage from the cutera laser genesis (just one single treatment at recommended was all it took to destroy my beautiful skin) Its taken 4 months of prayer, meditation, and getting up everyday trying to look myself in the mirror and say that I still love myself no matter what's happened. But I know when your face is not your face, its terrifying, depressing, isolating, and you dont want to live. I certainly didnt. I looked into suicide. It was all too much. This blow came on top of 2 other disasters I had the past year with botox (which paralyzed and dropped all the features on my face and left me looking like a zombie, and juvederm, which was incorrectly placed around my mouth and makes me look like a joker or a clown when I smile and still has not dissolved). From last August on I lost my smile with juve, then my eyes and cheeks with botox, and now my skin). It aged me over 10 years so quickly. Its been one devastating disaster after another. Not to downplay cancer as the one poster mentions, but I completely know how you feel. When your face staring at you in the mirror has changed and aged and damaged literally overnight, cancer sometimes seems like a better option because at least you can hide it. Or pretend its not there. Your face is what you show to the world. Im a big believer of mind over matter and healing your own body and I think for any other illness I could do that. But healing involves thinking and believing as if you are already healed and keeping that knowing and mindset. But when you get back in front of the mirror its like a reality punch to the gut that sabotages any thoughts of healing and happiness. Kitty, Ive read wonderful things about a 100% raw diet being able to heal most anything - including skin. Certainly tumors. And anything else in the body. Your body's natural urge is to heal itself, and once you take away all the toxic food and chemicals, it doesnt need to focus so much on protecting your vital organs and systems and will start to work on healing your skin. You may "detox" at first but it will go away. It cant hurt, right? No lasers or chemicals have helped us so far. I've been 100% raw for 2 months (Juicing every day) and plan to keep with it for a year to see if it helps. Go to beautifulonraw.com where I started - Tonya Zavasta explained the science and beauty of the diet better than anyone could for me. But the big hurdle to healing first and foremost, and the paradox we both face, is that you need to not fight what's going on and flow with it. The more you fight, the more energy you put into that, the more its gonna stick around. Law of attraction is very real. Get away from that mirror! OR stay as far away as you can when you have to look into it. I stand 6 feet away. And let go of the past analysis and anger (what happened, what you could have done different, who's to blame). The other part of this is realizing you are worthy and deserving of love, no matter what your face looks like right now. Self love is the key to healing. Finding and recognizing the true nature and light within you. I do think that has been the meaning for all of this happening to me, and I'm taking the opportunity to quiet down and reflect on the lessons - there have been many revelations. Your body will follow when you see your "true self". Again, quite a predicament when the "self" you see in the mirror is not the self you thought you knew. But your true self is. Meditation and yoga have helped calm me down, and some days I catch a glimpse of my old face. At the least I am not as depressed, can go out most days, and I believe that - one day - I will be completely 100% healed. Im not relying on time frames any more because that has brought more disappointment and frustration. Just be patient with yourself and your body. Give it a chance to heal and definitely stay away from all cosmetics, all lasers, all chemicals, all peels, and far far away from this horrible cosmetic medical industry that shuts the door on you the minute something goes wrong. Ok I had to get one negative dig in -- I could write a book on all the horror stories with these medical "professionals". Remember the body rebuilds itself completely like every 7/8 years... not that it will take that long for this, but it goes to show that cells regenerate and the body heals. Id rather be eating this diet to facilitate the process and heal the right way. Finally, be grateful for your blessings... your husband, your wonderful daughter. Put your energy into loving them, not hating this situation. It is what it is.. until it is something else. Best to you on your journey. Love and blessings.
I love your comment, as I was damaged by ipl and laser genises. I have read Tonya's website. I need to get the right mind set and start the 100% raw. If we would have only done this before laser treatments.