Radiesse Nightmare in Nasolabial Folds

I have swelling just above the nasolabial folds...

I have swelling just above the nasolabial folds and feel like a monster. Is this temporary or was the filler placed in the wrong area?

I wanted to know how long swelling is supposed to last for radiesse in the nasolabial folds. It seems like it was placed in the wrong area because I have swelling above those folds.

The doctor did not take the time to examine where I needed the filler and didn't even ask any questions. Was very rough.

i am looking for a doctor in dallas area. who is your doctor so i can avoid going there. pleas let me know. thanks
I had the same with radiesse fillers, was told that this particular product was perfect for me so went ahead. Day 1, bruising around face, slight swelling, day2, black bruising through to day5. Day 6, yellow bruising.noticing lumps around mouth. Day 7. Horror disfigured face looking back at me, severly swollen.Bruising gone, look like car crash victim.Doctor again, told me to take piriton, home,Day 8. WORSE. 2blown up eyes, one barely open. A&E hospital at 6.00am scared for my eyesight.Told id had Severe anaaphylaxis reaction to Radiesse. Back to doctor. he was horrified, waiting now as weekend here for doctor to see me on monday, been given 20 mg steroids.Never ever have Radiesse to anyone i would advise.Dont know how im going to deal with this, no work, cant leave the house im a prisoner all for the sake of vanity and a few lines, wish i could turn back the clock. Amy
Hello Amy, My name is Kathy and I have a friend who is just now experiencing what you went through. It is now Feb. 2010 and I am hoping you may have found something that helps. If you know of anything or have found a treatment, pleas reply...and we can figure out a less public way to communicate. My friend is desparate and in extreme pain. Thank you for your time. Kathy
p.s. supposedly most people don't have the reaction that I did with all the soreness and puffiness for weeks after, but it still would have been nice to be adequately warned of the possibility...of course I was one of those rare occurances,,,,supposedly....
Don't rub it too much, you don't want to move the product around! I also had Radiesse in the same area, and I had extreme swelling and soreness for a couple of weeks afterwards...I gently iced it and basically had to wait it out. Now it looks better, 3 months later, but at the time I was in shock because it was sooo puffy! My doctor is very nice and he placed the product well in my face, but my beef is that I was not warned of the side effects and possible swelling, etc. Had I been prepared, I may not have been so upset for about a month afterwards looking like a puffy freak and it was also very tender, painful. Hang in there, the puffiness will go down. I took benadryl and advil every day also to help the swelling. Check with your Dr if you should do that....
There is also firmness in the area of injection. I have been massaging the area with vitamin E oil. When I look in the mirror under certain light, the area where there is firmness looks swollen. I don't know if it will soften or go away.
Im not a dr but I have had it done twice you will have slight swelling at the site. there is a few days of manipulation so go back to your dr tomorrow if it is still like that. Ice down.