Unhappy with my Lopsided Quicklift Results

I had the Quicklift procedure 8 months ago. Along...

I had the Quicklift procedure 8 months ago. Along with a cheek and browlift.

I have been unhappy from the moment I woke up. One cheek was pulled up to my side burn area and there was a deep lateral sweep from the corner of my mouth going up to my ear. The other side of my face was barely lifted.

I understand the drawbacks of the mini-lifts. My doctor states that the Quicklift is a modification of the Macs lift. More manipulation is given to the SMAS muscle. He compares the results to be almost as good as a full facelift.

I am very unhappy with my Quicklift results. My face whole face is now asymmectrical. My doctor thinks I look great. I don't like the face that I have a hugh lateral sweep on the left side of my lower face and sagging skin on the right side of my face. He is willing to lift the right side with an incision around my sideburn. Pulling up in that area does lift my face....He also want to inject lipo-dessolve into the lateral sweep to flatten it out. I don't think this will work.

Photo Update

East Brunswick Plastic Surgeon

Everyday I see a lopsided face in the mirror. A doctor who claims to be Dedicated to Excellence should be ashamed of what he did to me.

Thanks for the comment I shall be avoiding this one..!!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

looks terrible, before and after, and i'm not trying to be funny!
I had a consultation with a renowned plastic surgeon in Seattle who would charge me 16 grand. So I said, forget it! I would wait till I am 60 years old and really need it. I am 52 right now.
It looks to me and is my opinion that you were asymmetrical to start with. I think you look better than you did before.
First and foremost.....I think your results should have been better. FIRST AND FOREMOST....don't EVER go to a general practitioner or family practitioner for any type of plastic surgery. ONLY go to a board certified plastic surgeon, FAACS (Am Academy of Cosmetic Surgeons)....don't go back.....go to a board certified plastic surgeon. I would never spend $7000 for something I could finance for another $7000 and do a mid line endoscopic face lift which is natural looking..... my best to you and yours

Hey Katherine,,,,,,,,,,I just ran across this old post.......Hope you get this message....All of those pictures are after pictures.......there is only one before picture.......and that before picture was used in one of the pictures.......you can tell with one because I am holding the before picture in my hand.

Oh My.! Im scared to death. I have been planning on getting this procedure in January at Gahana, Ohio with the inventor of the Quick Lift. Anything positive or negative? I would be so unhappy if my quicklift was lopsided like this ladies. Where is her Dr. located? Thats terrible.
Dear Remington.. I'd like to say this.. any doctor can botch things up and most will not tell you of the long term recovery when its a quick lift or a standard facelift. Already 6 months for me since I had the quicklift and I am still feeling a heck of a lot of pulling down on my ears and especially behind my ears. Its a heavy feeling, if it continues to keep pulling as it has been I'm sure that is excatly what its doing, pulling my face back down slowly. First read up on that part if nothing else! Find out how long it takes till you feel normal again and if this stretching and pulling can pull your face to an unnatural shape. From two inches out from my ears and just below the check bone and just above the jaw i'm still numb. The quicklift has dropped since the undermining (the amount of tissue that is pulled up under the skin) has relaxed, and now i have a more rounded face; not too bad but not like it was in the first stages of the game where I had a more oval shape. Just remember before you have this done.. you will still have old skin (not smooth) you will continue to age, not only your face but your skin and your whole body. Your recovery may not be as expected.. I have heard that the numbness may never go away entirely and that bothers me. I feel that as i continue to age eventually I will look old no matter what and just maybe I will age differently or worse because i did this to myself. In 10 years i won't care about my face so much anymore and it will be more about the quality of my life. I just want to be happy with who i am inside. A smile trumps wrinkles any day.. Pick people that love you for who you are and not what you look like, the same instructions our parents were suppose to tell us.
hi - about 15 months ago i had a macs lift and upper and lower eyes. i had to have the eyes redone about 3 months ago, and i do have sort of a dimpled smile. BUT, i would like to say to those considering the procedure that i am very happy. i didn't really care so much if i looked younger, but i wanted to not look so tired, and that has been an A plus. a lot of this depends on what your goal is going in - and don't set the goal too high. it's a lot of money, but i have been given ten more years of not looking tired. and i don't know why it should be so, but not looking tired, means you don't feel tired. best wishes.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

helped me....Im not going to him now
Lynn, I can understand how you got confused as to what were the before and after pictures. I still haven't figured that out myself. So you ask, how do you know if these are not the before pictures? I mean, they are not labeled. And the next thing you are being accused of calling someone a liar. Then everyone jumps on that band wagon, and away they go with pitch forks and torches (lol). In e-mails, this type of miscommunication happens. We have to role with it and we have to keep our sense of humor. Lynn, I hope you have gotten the information you needed to make the decisions you need to make, and I hope you continue to be part of this community despite the hostility you have experienced.

Hey Saphire...........just thought I would look at this old feed and I spotted your post. Yes it is hard to tell which pictures are before and after. there's nowhere to put comments. but the only before picture is the one where I am holding the before picture in my hand. That picture is the before picture. All the other pictures are after pictures. I didn't take any of my own before the surgery. I didn't even have a camera until after the surgery...I bought a digital camera because I just couldn't believe it was happening to me. And to this day I can hear that doctor telling me that he could see anything wrong. But eventually after I sent him tons of pictures.......he admitted that he could see what was wrong..........He did a second surgery at no cost......but to tell you the truth......he did nothing about the lopsidedness of my face.....Everything on the left side of my face is much higher and tighter.........the right side of my face has a strange cheek hump and then the rest is flat and appears to droop. He was suppose to fix my pixie ears and that procedure did not work at all........my ears are pulled down worse than after the first surgery. Even harder to explain.....but an anchoring suture, extruded behind my right ear about 10 months after the second surgery. The thread was coming out and back into my skin. No loose end. So I cut the thread in hopes that it would go back into the skin. No luck. 2 years now and that threat is still sticking out and I have to wear a bandaid all the time. It still oozes. Yes I've been to a doctor....but they won't do anything. I refuse to go back the doctor that did this. He wanted to do lipo and fat fillers in hopes of evening things out......but the differences in the sides are tooooo great. All I have been doing is saving my money all over again and hoping it won't cost me too much to have this fixed.
My mother gave me a laptop last year and I still haven't downloaded my camera program into it. I guess taking pictures of this was driving me crazy........But I just might download it to send updated pictures. I hope you get this message........

Looord I am soooo sorry this happened to U. I just went to a fall seminar in Mobile, Al on Oct 17th & heard about the quick lift & I thought I had found my saving grace & have been trying to get money up for this procedure. I am only a cocktail waitress & would not have the money for fillers & to pay another surgeon. Thank U soooo much for ur story cause that fall seminar made it seem like a dream. I feel let down but thankful to U. Again, U r appreciated.
Lynn, I appreciate your pictures and comments about your experience. I am researching and considering a procedure and wish that more people would give the details of their experience as you did. Thank you.
Lynn, you are allowed to have an opinion. Saying that you don't believe Teresa and that she is a liar in NOT AN OPINION. It's an insult and slander. Get your terms right. An opinion would be: looks great, or looks like your doctor did not give the results you were looking for...etc.
And then you could thank Teresa for going to all the trouble to post her pictures so that someone like you has an idea of what a possible outcome may be. Not all procedures turn out as we'd like.
Thank you for your support. I do want to add that several months ago I had an appointment with a regular medical doctor for possible high cholesterol. I had never seen the doctor before. After talking with her for a while, I mentioned my facelift. I told her what happened. She told me that she instantly noticed my face and said that when she first looked at me, she thought that I had had a stroke. She noticed that my right eye, cheek and lower face had a droop to it. Can you imagine?? I do have movement in the right side of my face......but it does droop. The revision surgery that the doctor did only created more volume in my left cheek and the right cheek remained flat. I no longer can wear blush. It only caused more distortion to my face.

Thanks again
GEEZE... i notice that you just made this comment almost 2 years after your lift and thats horrible!!! So you are saying that nothing was done in all this time to fix the problem that doctor deny's you have? I feel really sorry for you, I mean you even said at one point that you didn't blame the doctor but you just wanted something done to fix your face.. I will bet you blame the doctor now.. I mean i understand that you didn't want to put him down, with hopes that he would do something (not get irrate with you).. So how do you feel 2 years down the road and can you please post a new updated picture?
There are quite a few surgeons out there that think they cdannot make mistakes, but they have no problem taking your money, the problem part usually arises when it comes time to fix the error they caused, refunds is not a work in the medical field. Teresa, I am really sorry I hope that you can find the result you are looking for, there are plenty of people that believe you and stand with you!
Hi -I had a MACS lift six months ago. My doctor is going to do revisions because I have the sweep marks or sort of "chopped up/chunky" cheeks. He is going to take some abdominal fat and put it in the cheeks to smooth them out. Has anyone had this done? Results" Thank you.
I had the LifeStyle lift in June of 2011, about two years ago. After the surgery I also had "sweep marks" and my cheeks had a celulite look to them that I didn't have before. Two years later the celulite look is gone but I still have the sweep marks. I avoid puckering up in public (like for a kiss or blowing our candles). My neck is tighter. I consider that part of the procedure a success although I should have waited until my weight was normal and stabliized. At the time I told my consultant I was 10 to 15 pounds from my goal weight. She said that amount of weight shouldn't make a difference. But it did. I think I was gently pushed into doing the procedure sooner to save $1000. Even before all of my stitches were removed I found out she no longer worked for the clinic. I felt like there was no one in my corner and I had to be very assertive to even see the doctor again. During the surgical procedure I elected to have fat harvested from my stomach and injected into the folds from the nose to the corners of my mouth. I chose the natural fat option over the other ovailable fillers because it's supposed to last longer. I also "saved" $500 by doing it at the time of the surgery instead of at a later date. Still cost me $2500. It didn't work at all. The doctor was willing to redo the filling procedure at no cost to me. I asked him what he would do different. He said "nothing". I didn't want to go through the procedure again with no real hope for a different outcome. I paid $6000 for the lift procedure and $2500 extra for the filler. I should have asked more questions. I didn't occur to me that the filler might not work at all! In retrospect I wish I had done more research and perhaps got a full face lift from a really good cosmetic surgeon. But then I'm 73. On another occasion I asked a cosmetician when would I quit caring. She said she gets that question a lot. Her answer is that if you ever cared you will always care. Not going down easy! Good luck to you.
I have just today stopped in to check on having one of these done. Thank you so very much for posting your story. I will continue to save for a "real" facelift. Thanks again for posting your story and photos. You are extremely brave.
What are "purse strings"? Are they something that would be in your face for a year? I'm sorry for all the problems, darn it. My solution to these (similar) issues is to work at accepting what is. I do think that it's better than before surgery - but not perfect. The key is it's "better" than I used to look. I have sweep marks on both cheeks. What to do? After a doctor has done everything s/he can, it's up to us to make peace with ourselves/others or not. I'm working hard at the peace option - sometimes badly, but once in a while I can just let it go.
i had the quicklift done last year...then went for MY ANNUAL DENTAL CLEANING/EXAM/ETC....could not open my mouth as wide....they could not complete the exam..xray's,cleaning,etc......just had the purse strings removed days ago...the doctor(if u will??)just "numbed the incision area" on each side of face....yank'd the strings out thru that cut....the strings,ofcourse,had attached to meat/tissue, THE PAIN WAS LIKE TORTURE..this same doctor did a procedure on my eyes..and now i have a left eye which is DROOPED BADLY(this doc has done 4 surgeries on the eye and it is still down and away from the eyeball.....i have asked him for a refund...and he says it is not their policy.....WISH SOMEONE COULD ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO FROM HERE....