Septoplasty - Deviated Septum Closed One Nostril Almost Completely

I had a deviated septum which almost closed one...

I had a deviated septum which almost closed one nostril completely. I was referred so that the septum could be repaired. Now both nostrils are open and working wonderfully.

The first 3 days with packing were very tough, with mouth breathing, but not terribly painful.

I had septoplasty 10 days ago. The surgeon did a great job, he said the cartilage had been fractured in several pieces. I have a incision in each nostril and this evening after irrigating with a neti pot, the scabs over the incisions came out easily. I see no infection or pus, but I can see the cartilage. Is this something I need to be concerned about or go and see my surgeon?
Hi there
In my case you can't tell from the outside at all. (No scars on the outside and no change in shape from the outside.)

I would imagine it all depends on the surgeon and what the desired result is. I'm sure it is possible to get a septoplasty along with some rhinoplasty. I wanted no change to my nose, I only wanted to be able to breathe properly.

That was achieved so well, that I can't believe I waited so long to have it done!
Hi i am having septoplastry in 2 weeks time. as i have bent spectrum can you tell form the outside once having this surgery that my nose will be staright ??
Don't worry about answering now. I have my own. I just kept putting teatree oil on with a q-tip each night and left the new scab alone. It finally fell off last night and the hole is closed. No more cartilage to be seen.

Referred by family doctor because of ongoing breathing difficulty.