Profractional Follow Up Question

Had Profractional done to tighten skin but 3 weeks...

Had Profractional done to tighten skin but 3 weeks later see no results. The treatment stung and stunk but was not intolerably painful. It took 4 days to heal enough to be seen in public but I left the house at 3 and a half days with heavy makeup. At first it looked like the bags, sags, and lines had evened out but that was just the effect of swelling. Now, see no results. Hope results will appear over time.

I had profractional laser done to tighten baggy, saggy skin around my mouth. Three weeks later, it doesn't look to me as if there has been any improvement. How long will it take to see noticeable tightening of the skin? If, at all?

Not sure whether to doubt my dermotologist or the Profractional method itself. I've been happy with different procedures she did at other times.

profractional can be done at varying depths and heats. usually it is combined with microlaser peel which is more controlling of "downtime."no heat is used for scar remodeling or dermal melasma. heat can be used in laser skin rejuvenation situations depending on the patients skin type. darker skin types risk post inflammatory hyperpigmentation as the amount of heat used goes up. theheat produces a biological response over time and no tightening is seen initially.
Had profractional done over two weeks ago, bruising has just now subsided. Still red and itchy, has anyone else had this type of problem. Wrinkles look worse now also!!
I have this same issue. Had procedure done 2 weeks ago and, after swelling went down, wrinkles around my eyes seem to have developed! What could be wrong??

The second day after pro factional Lazer treatment went outside for a bit with hat glasses and sunscreen and now worried I made a big mistake. Do you think damaged face?

I just had my treatment done Thursday. It itches so bad. What did you use? I have the suave they game me, like a vaseline. But it still itches like crazy. I still am pretty red and some swelling around the eyes. Not ready to go anywhere. Hopefully tomorrow I can put on some make up. Tired of being in the house.
I had the profractional done to my entire face 2 weeks ago, I was slightly uncomfortable for 2 days and was able to cover redness with makeup. I had mine done on Thursday pm and was back to work on Monday. No Problems, would do again
Thank you for the update. I am very glad that you are seeing results. I have had other things (skin tightening) and did experienced the pain to be different every time. Now I know better to drink plenty of water the night before and to take pain killers 30 minutes before the treatments. Please keep us updated on your progress, since a lot us wish for immediate results and don't give the skin enought time to show full results. You also want to get results that last!
I had the profractional done to my entire face. I used emla cream (to numb the skin) and found the first treatment not too painful.I had some swelling and definately bruising afterwards, My second treatment was about 6 weeks later. For some reason I found it to be very painful this go around. So much so that they had to decrease the depth from the last time I had it. Don't know why this happened (anyone had the same experiance?)You MUST wait for results. One day about 6 months later I was looking in the mirrow and realized that the lines around my eyes and creppiness in my neck were diminished! I personally don't mind waiting for results. It gives me something to look forward to. Usually I see the "future" as an enemy (as in it means I am only getting older and more "wrinkelly"). This way I see the future as only getting better skin! I would do it again! I just wish it wasn't so painful.(anyone out there have any suggestions to make it more tolerable?)
The 2nd treatment probably hurt more because the density was turned up. Depth may have been the same 100 microns but the % of skin treated was probably different. Fraxel (fractional lasers) allow the provider to go from 5.5% to 22% of the skin to be treated depending on the laser.
Profractional will not give you the dramatic results of a full CO2 laser. You will see an improvement in your skin to see full results you have to wait at least 4 months. With Profracional you do need more than treatment and It is better if you get it done in the full face. Good luck and keep us updated.