Holes After Profractional Laser for Scars, Discoloration and Acne

Pros-rounder face, facial lines diminishedI had it...

Pros-rounder face, facial lines diminished

I had it done for many things such as scars, discoloration, acne

Cons-holes in my face, more scars, some The scars and the skin texture is much worse, looks like holes burned from laser

I had a Profractonal done 4 times. The last one was the strongest, done by a nurse. It seemed to heal fine, until a few months latter, when small holes in the pattern of laser, started to show up, some joined making lines. What might have happened?

Has anyone had anything done that has helped with the pinholes.
A lady in this site is going through series of peels, another one has done I think dermabrasion with recell that she was happy with, another damaged person mentioned this to me. A third said Was trying seties of microdermabrasion but I dont know how helpful it really is. Many talk about pinholes after laser but some only has enlarged pores from dehydration that can resolve itself over time. My holes are definately fraxel holes the line is easily seen between untreated and treated skin.
Thanks
About 3 years ago, I had the holes punched and stiched. Took months but holes did not close so Dr. in Georgia lazer the area trying to flatten scares. Not perfect. More skin texture and some holes are getting larger. Hate the way my skin looks but this is the best it will be. What is funny I met a woman recently that was having a lazer. I told her to be careful because not everyone has good results. Her Dr. told her what happen wasn't due to the lazer. Think he was right....it was due to a Dr. that didn't know what he was doing!
I agree. Sometimes our face is better left untouch. Had also bad experience with laser. Had some scarring abd i regret undergoing such treatments with doctors whi are only after to market their procedures

Hello, I have been reading everyone's posts and I feel your pain. I received profractural treatment 3 years ago and it left me worse off. I feel like the treatment has changed the chemical make-up of my skin and now I find that my scars very easily. I'm very sensitive to scratches and any new acne causes scaring. I am feeling much better today. I have come to realize it's not about how you look, it's about what you accomplish in life. Believe me I have TERRIBLE skin and scarring, but I was able to move past it over a year ago. In the big scheme of things there could be worse things that happen to you. Pick a focus and push forward. If you focus on your skin, you can become obsessed about it, and many other things will pass you by. I regret wasting a year of my life obsessing about my skin - hindsight is 20/20. Treat your body well - take your vitamins, exercise, devote the time you spend looking at your skin to volunteering your time, moving forward in your career or with friends and family. Your skin is only a part of you - albeit a big part of you - but still only a fraction of who you are. Don't let your skin condition dictate your worth - YOU define your own worth. Try looking up stories of others who have hit rock bottom and listen to their stories of recovery. My apologies if this sound preachy... my only intention is to inspire and provide some insight. The human spirit is an amazing thing. My last advice would be to quit experimenting with your face and different invasive treatment options. From the many reviews I have read, the majority of the feedback speaks to the pain we are all feeling with the pro fractional treatment.

I am still suffering 18 months later! Wish I could move past like you. Thank you
I had the sciton profractional treatment 2 month ago, and I have the same pin holes around my face, making lines everywhere, right now my skin looks worse. When I went back to the doctor after 1 month, he said that it would take 4-6 months to heal. Well I hope so, because right now I am very very disappointed each day when I look into the mirror:-((( I do not understand that why any of the doctors say something about these side effects here, or how can it be fixed or something???
Where did you go? Laser lift?
Hi, I went to have laser lift, here in my country, middle Europe, Hungary. They are known as one of the best and most popular skin clinic here. I keep hoping:-(
Pedruch, I had the microlaserpeel with Profractional so no it won't help. I had pinholes right off the bat. 2 years post op now and am looking into dermabrasion.
Has any Doctor addressed this issue regarding the lines left from the laser as this has happened to my neck and I am one year post laser.
It's been two years and same issues with the pinhole scars. I still am emotional about it with good days and bad days. It's been two years and I use RetinA and creams to hydrate. Unfortunately I think the damage has been done. I am only 25 and did it for acne scars. How I wish I could turn back time.
I had 2 of these and my skin is aweful!!! dents, scars and more noticable scars. I am on anti depressants, so , depressed. Can anyone help me with advice!!! Please say it will get better not worse. I just want to die when I think about this. I wish there was someone I could talk to.
hello susieJ, I am so sorry this has happend to you the same thing happend to me and I was wondering how you are doing?
Get off the antidepressants as they will make healing slower. I have a for sure thing but you must get it from the gynocologist and that is estriadol cream (used for menopausal vaginal dryness) i use a bit on the scars and then take a few days off as it tends to puff scars up but then fades them. I know it can help with your damage. If you can't get it just smash up a birth control pill with estriadol in it and add a drop of water and rub in. Hormones go directly through skin and I have found help my very old deep acne scars. A bit won't hurt because I am 57 and have been doing it for about 2 months with success.
Who told you about this method? Did you discover it or was it recommended by a doctor?
Who told you about this method?

I had profractional 3 yrs ago for mild acne scars and I still have the pinholes left on my face.It was the biggest mistake I have ever done.My face looked so much better before.I've done peels and still have the pinholes.If anyone has done anything that helps please let me know.I want them gone.

sorry to hear the stories, my advice would be not to use peels or any more lasers, what i would recommend is scaraway healing patches placed on the cheek for 3 months it will work to hydrate tissue giving it better texture and softness and flatten any raised lines but please be patient and persistent. after this just leave it be...
also it will eventually fill in any holes in the skin ...
Hello gagana, im sorry to hear about your painful experience with this laser treatment. Are the holes still there? Its been a year now. Have they gotten better or gotten worse?
In my experience, skin changes as we get older. It heals very slowly after 50 and scars easily. I would try a good healing cream such as Hope in a Jar by Philosophy. I also have found estrogen helps scarring and have cut "the patch" and applied (tiny pieces) for a few hours. This is the lowest strength patch for post menonpause hotflashes! It does help the scarring.
Dear Cyndipa, Your comments don't apply to my situation much because I am just over 30; however, thank you for your ideas. I think that the laser damaged my skin more than it fixed it. I had some scars from acne and an uneven tone of skin. Now I have tons of holes, dents and little lines on my face, that I don't remember having. I think that some of the holes and dents, which are clearly in T zones, are laser enlarged acne scars that maybe were smaller and hidden under the surface of the skin. Laser could have exposed them by pushing them up while building collagen. But what is interesting is that I see that these wholes appear in the pattern of the laser. Maybe these tons of microscopic wholes that laser creates filled out with congestion. When the congestion got out it left scars. At any rate, the texture of the skin is not right. The pores/wholes are way too big. Has anyone have had any experience that was similar to mine?
I have experienced the same exactly. It looks like I have super enlarged pores and maybe some of them are, but the pin prick markings are covering my face like a mesh. I am now 14months post, my skin looks worse what it did six months ago, when i wrote my review, so it is definately getting worse as the time goes. I have hideous skin texture now and I doubt anything will fix it.