Unhappiness After Blepharoplasty

Pros were removal of fat pouches under eyecons are...

pros were removal of fat pouches under eye

cons are shape of eye has changed depression, poor eyelid closure, headaches is did it to remove bags

i foolishly listened to people had upper and lower blepharoplasty 18 months ago and since have been very depressed, i jus dont look like myself anymore. i was wondering if there was anything i could do about it.

ive noticed my brows have descended, presumably due to the excision of fat from that area, and i think i may have slight ectropion on lower lids as whites show now , whereas they didnt before.it kind of gives me a sad look and i feel sad when i see it. also my eyelids do not fully close as they once did and get dry and tight persistantly.another great concern are the scars especially under the left eyelid.

please help

dr laseik

i beleive he did a very poor job

I think you we're alittle young to have Surgery. And i couldn't find a problem with you're Pre Surgery Picture. You look good. You got to be Very Carful On getting a Revision. You can come out worse. Sometimes it's better to leave things alone. Good luck.
How are you getting on? have you managed to book a consiltation yet?
At least you didn't get loads of scars and wrinkles everywhere. My right eyebrow was pulled down so much during a second surgery in attempting to fix a deep incision made 1" outside of my natural crease line. I have two different shape and size of eyes.
youcanget his number from www.bopss.org I know from previouse advise from him that he should be able to lift your lower lids, as this is the problem I'm having. good luck
thanks everyone, im going to check out richard collins, thankyou an72.
you'll find his number on www.bopss.org
Me again, if you look up doctor putterman on the internet (america) he has information and diagrams on there explaining what can be done for this situation, he also could be a good person to see...as i said befor please let me know how you get on.
I'm going thrugh the same thing right now, only I think your surgeon has done a much better job, one of my lower lids actually seems deformed. I am waiting untill march then I have an appointment with richard collin of morefields hospital london, he has a private practice too. He is an oculoplastic surgeon, he has told me if they havent sorted themselves out that he can fix it. I;m having to wait as eye job was only 7 weeks ago,but I don't see a reason why you should. They're are oculoplastic surgeons everywhere I am going to him because he has been specialiseing in this one area for 40 years, so fingures crossed, if you go and see him let me know your results! I havent been out in the last 2 months and can't work because my vision is bad (I was a tattooist)so I'd love to hear a success story to keep me going. Oh word of warning- his secretary is harsh on the phone- don't let her put you off! I myself heard of him off another american website, so others must rate him. Good luck
Donny, I honestly can't even see what you are talking about. I actually think your current picture looks better than the old one!
While I can see what you are saying and I feel bad for you that you are uncomfortable, let me assure you that you are a very good looking man. Your focus should be on how to best manage the dry eyes etc. As to how you look, you really have no issue there at all. Good luck. Let us know what you decide to do.
Hello Donny. Looking at your pictures i can see a lowering of the brows.Some whites showing on bottom lids. You DON"T LOOK THAT BAD! It is still you, and that is obvious. However, I do not see any hollowed upper or lower lids. You would be able to see the eye socket bone if hollowness were a real issue. Could be the photo's,but to me it could be worse. As far as eye closure,that is a sign too much fat and issue was removed. Do your eyes stay closed during sleep? I didn't even know my eye were opened while I slept until my daughter told me. No wonder my eyes felt dry and sensitive all the time.Your feeling of pulling or tightness could be from the incision or yes, you have just altered your eye lids. So a tightness would be felt. This can subside over time. I still feel mine at at times.Tissue has been manipulated. Sensitive to light is another sign of too much tissue removed. If you had this 18 months ago, your look today is the finished product. It will get worse with age and our eyes naturally recede over time skin can shrinks. I don't see that big a change in your appearance. Trust me, read some of the horror stories. I am one that it changed my entire appearance to the negative. I look like a stranger to family and friends. Aggressive surgery can rape you of your genetic identify and yes, cause many emotional and mental health issues. I too suffer from depression caused by this surgery. I think it's worse because we choose this surgery. What can be done? Micro fat injections for upper lids. Fat Strip grafting,where a strip of fat is implanted on upper lids. Other facial filler have been used for volume on lower lids. How affective are these? Well, to date I have only seen few that work. Everyone is different, and so is the degree of volume needed.I don't think your requires much, could make things worse. In time your skin will stretch as well through age and movement. You were way to young for this type of surgery.I have read however, where 39 is suppose to be the plastic surgery age, and it gives you time to look younger as you age naturally.Still comes down to the surgeon performing the surgery and his skills.This surgery is normally for very bad bags under eye and extra tissue on upper lids.Extra tissue that effects sight. I never should of had my uppers done either, didn't met upper requirements and I was 55. Research,and read on the Web. Read others reviews on this Sight.MANY SEEK REVERSION FOR EYE LIDS SURGERY. You will have much to read and only few with content results. Eyes are the hardest and most dangerous area for reversion. Easy to take out fat and tissue, not so much to put back. Good luck to you.