Tooth Decay from the Inside Out.

My front teeth were oddly shaped and this caused...

My front teeth were oddly shaped and this caused them to have spaces between them. My dentist that I trusted and went to for years does do porcelain veneers. I talked to him on a couple of occasions and wanted to do them. I never smile much because of my teeth. He said, I was a good canidate because of my good oral hygene. I never had problems with my top front teeth with decay and I'm 41 years old.

I had them done 2 years ago. I smile even less now, I have 2 dark spots that can be seen at the gum line through the porcelain veneers. My gums were bleeding on the teeth only with the veneers.

I had the top 5 teeth done. He gave me a mouth wash for the bleeding, that did help. I brush my teeth twice a day floss twice a day and use mouth wash. He told me the dark spots was where the gums had bleed and blood got down between the tooth and veneers and that he could clean it out but 1st he had to stop the bleeding.

Well, it wasn't blood I go twice a year for cleanings and at my last one he did xrays and said, that I had a cavity that was starting and that he could get to it even though it was on my teeth with the veneers. I had two of the filled and while he was drilling he said to me oh your porcelain the dark spot that I was seeing is because the tooth had decayed from the inside out, but once he got all the decay and filled it, the veneer wouldn't be dark. He said, it's lighting up already.

At my next cleaning I was concern because right after the filling like within 2 days my gums became red and swelled and yellow sticky, stinky puss like stuff was coming from the other two teeth he didn't fill. He said, not to worry it was plaque build up to be sure and brush and floss. What?

I was concerned about redness and swelling of my gums at the top front teeth only. He couldn't see what I was talking about my gums all looked the same to him. What?

I asked him about the dark spot still on the tooth he filled at the gum line I voiced my concern that I was afraid that he my not have gotten all the decay because the veneer when I smile is still dark. No, it takes the gum 6months to recover he told me to give it 6months to heal and the dark spot will go away. What? does the gum have to do with the dark spot? This makes no sense to me.

I voiced my concern of my other top tooth that is starting to look dark just like the first one. I asked if it was decaying also. He couldn't see what I was talking about on it either, he did another xray and said, it was fine. I was sent home with an appointment in six months for another cleaning.

I'm just really upset because I've spent all this money on my teeth and now my teeth are worse off than what I started with. My gums where the veneers are hurt when I floss. I have a dark spot on the top rt front tooth and a dark spot on the top lt front tooth. The other veneers seem to be fine.

Can my teeth be saved? Should I seek a second opion? About the yellow puss like stuff with the redness and swelling. Has he put my veeners on wrong is this why the decay was from the inside out? Help my I don't know which way to go with this.

I recently found out that someone else that went to him had to have all of her front teeth pulled because her to front teeth became infected which mess up the rest. She only had 2 veneers on her front two teeth. I don't know if I can trust him or not. Because, of what he as said, to me about my concerns.

I'm so sorry that happened to you.  I had to get four veneers on my top front teeth because my orthodontist did not fix them properly (they were still crooked).  I have had them for twelve years already with absolutely no problems.  But that's only because I was fortunate enough to have a dentist who knew what he was doing (not the case with my orthodontist, who cost me thousands of wasted dollars).        Anyway, my reccomendation is that you DO NOT go back to that same dentist to have your teeth fixed.  He will most likely only mess them up again (and it sounds like he hasn't been helping the situation you have anyway).  Make sure to go to a dentist that is board certified by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.  You can go to the website (search for it on google).  On the site, go to patients > find a cosmetic dentist, and type in the places for state/provence, country and zip code.  It should give you a list of dentists who can help you out.  Another way of course is to ask someone you know who might have a recommendation for you.        I'm not entirely sure what you should do about getting your money back, but I'm guessing talk to a lawyer, and definitely report him to the board.  I wish you luck in the future, and I hope everything turns out well!
If you ak your dentist to repeat veneer he will likely to do that.dr. virendra singh dental cell
Go to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Only restrict the search to ACCREDITED or FELLOWS. These dentists are veneer/bonding experts and are willing to correct botched jobs! I had to do this after my botched procedure.
The dark spot likely is underneath the veneer, when a drop of blood got on the tooth when the veneer was bonded. It is not decay, it is essentially stain. Small spots can be repaired, large ones mean redo the veneers (this is why hygiene while wearing temporaries is critical so that there is no blood during the bonding process). I think legal matters is extreme (many lawyers won't touch it because it's not a big enough case). Simply ask for a redo and if the dentist refuses ask for a refund (he'll likely go for the redo).
well i dont mean to be harsh but i do believe that you are just saying the things that you saying because you are a dentist yourself. and like the person before said, yal stick together like a flock of cows
The only solution will be another dentist. If you don't trust any of them, then there won't be a solution. Even if the only desired solution is a windfall from a lawsuit, an expert opinion (from a dentist) will be required. If you can't get a second opinion because you don't trust dentists, then nothing will work.

Lawyers aren't qualified to offer a second opinion (all lawyers will agree with that).
get all your records and every XRAY from the time you stepped into that building,all dentists stick together like cops and doctors and teachers. Don't trust no one but a good laywer thats good in handling cases of this manner. Maybe you can get all money back and court cost and especially damages to your self in pain and suffering. The only way to get rightousness is with their pockets. Trouble is will they keep the practice going the same way on others
Sounds like you need to put it bluntly to your dentist that you want a refund, PLUS. Native Louisvillian in Naples, Florida