Fine Lines - Pearl Fractional is Taking Forever to Heal on my Face

I am still red and blotchy. My skin areas that...

I am still red and blotchy. My skin areas that were lasered with the Pearl fractional are still rough like sand paper and very red. It will be 2 weeks on Monday the 22 of June when the procedure was done.

My skin was already good but I wanted to get rid of the fine lines. I am afraid that my skin will never get better. My skin is slightly olive on my face and even darker on my body. I am not happy about the way my face looks.

I have seen no positive results as yet and I'm not sure I would do this again.

Yes, because she was very knowledgeable and knew what she was doing. I just need to know the entire healing process. Not just the downtime...

No it is definitely more invasive especially for olive skin. If you had really light skin I would suggest it. For your acne you might want to try laser genesis or ipl. Pearl fractional will leave hyper pigmentation on olive skin that will never go away!

i thought pearl fractional was the one that is less invasive? i am asian and have some acne scarring that i want to lessen. so you are saying the pearl laser and NOT the fractional is the less invasive of the two?

it's been almost 5 weeks for me and i don't look anywhere near normal. i have to wear a ton of makeup (which i hate) to cover the redness
I know! If you are not old with deep lines I DO NOT recommend Pearl Fractional to you. You will never completely heal and the redness may not subside permanently. Sorry...

Pearl is the way to go to even out your skin tone and make your skin glow. The redness does go away to reveal beautiful skin.

Try using oxygenetix makeup to cover your redness and blotchiness. It's the only thing that works and was created for after laser treatments and plastic surgery.
How long after the treatment do you look "normal" or can cover red or dead skin?
Cover your skin with Oxygenetix. I've written many articles on it on my site Beauty Style Watch. It is the only cover up that works and is made for such treatments.

You will be red for a long time and some of the blotchiness may never go away. Pearl Fractional really should only be done on an older person or one with severe lines and wrinkling. Your doctor should not have recommended this to you. Only Pearl...You look too young with nice skin...sigh
NO. My lips are naturally full. I don't have the meg ryan snarl that's how you can tell they are mine.
did this cause the swelling in your lips?
I had both pearl and pearl fractional. I would not recommend pearl fractional to anyone with any olive tone or melanin in their skin. The track marks never quite fade. Just go for the pearl. pearl fractional is also better for older people with major, deep wrinkles. play it safe if you are in your 30's, 40's and just do pearl. you will be very happy with your results!
What is the difference between Pearl Laser and Pearl Fractional or are they the same thing? What treatment did the lady have with the brown eyes that said she took longer to see any results?
you will not scar with pearl. it's really great but just know that if there is any sun damage lurking beneath your skins surface it might be brought up. But that's actually a good thing. You want to get rid of it. It can be corrected with another pearl treatment several months later or with obagi skincare line. ask your doctor. It will also take up to 2 weeks for olive skin to heal and 3 months for complete healing. Just make sure your doctor does not do pearl fractional on you. That is not good for olive skin and may scar you. If this happens let me know and I will hook you up with an esthetician who can help you. But do not, I repeat do not do pearl fractional on your skin!!! You will be sorry. it works best on white skin or old leathery skin. Hope this helped!
i do have olive skin and did have a fractional treatment. who is this esthetician and what exactly does she suggest?
i am definately thinking of doing the pearl treatment very soon can you tell me why you had it done and how long it took for total healing? i too am of olive skin tone and that really worries me in terms of scaring
no i did not. and i changed my photo of how i looked after 4 weeks. so much better! I even changed what i wrote but realself did not update it. I think the pearl laser was fabulous. just took me a little longer to heal.
hello..i did pearl fractional two wks ago and is freaking out.
My face is still slightly pink and blotchy. I try finding some reference to this procedure that will tell me better what to expect but found really little to go by.
How long did it take you to at least go back to your normal skin colour. I am tanned and people asked if I have been tanning. It's embarassing...help! Hope someone out there care to share...
Well, I'm sorry to say that you may not get your normal skin back. It has been 1 and 1/2 years for me and my skin is still not the same. It was actually perfect before I did the pearl fractional. I did not need fractional because I am too young and my skin is too dark...oh, well...Unfortunately, you may never completely recover...I hope you have better luck then me!
you got to be kidding me, your fave looks great. The only thing i see is that your lips look swollen or did you have a procedure done.