Mommy Makeover in 5 Days - Oklahoma City

Hey guys. I'm starting a new blog. I have my...

Hey guys. I'm starting a new blog. I have my surgery in 5 days. I'm getting a breast augmentation, lipo, fat transfer to my hips, and a tummy tuck...which by the way I wanted for 8 years now. I'm excited and nervous. I can't sleep at night.

I'm excited because I need my old body back and yet I feel selfish for putting myself at risk since I have 3 wonderful daughters and a supportive husband. I'll be under for about 5-6 hours. Never have been under so I'm scared crapless LOL.

I will be keeping updates regularly after my surgery which is 9-16 and I will definitely post pics... I think I may even do the video diaries which are very popular recently!

Please anyone tell me about your anesthesia experience for right now I'm more concerned about that than post surgery!

Ok so I am wondering. I stay the first 24 hours at...

Ok so I am wondering. I stay the first 24 hours at a surgical center. And the nurse told me to bring stuff to do...so quick question am I gonna be with it enough to do things? She suggested books and movies. I don't see how in the heck I'm gonna be reading a book. Weirds me out I thought I'd be knocked out by pain meds..

Ok ladies and gentlemen....2 more days. Tonight I...

Ok ladies and gentlemen....2 more days. Tonight I have Zumba then tomorrow is all preperation. I'm very excited I talked to a few people who've went "under" and they say easy breezy. That thats actually the best part! Well, this is my first surgery ever and the first time ever going under. My husband will be there and I'm ready to start recovery so I can feel my self esteem return and feel like my stomach isn't a parasite living on my body!

Surgery tomorrow!

surgery tomorrow!

Ok guys..Surgerys tomorrow. Let me say I am a...

Ok guys..Surgerys tomorrow. Let me say I am a whirlwind of emotional craziness. I pray everything goes smoothly. I went to eat lunch with the hubby cause I know I won't be able to get out and about on my own for a little bit. But tonite I think I'll do a really really light dinner...maybe soup. Does that sound that a good idea? I'm thinking something light will help me in the morning not be bloated.

Today is the day of surgery! I have to be there at...

Today is the day of surgery! I have to be there at 945 it feels like its not real or something. Although, My anxiety overwhelmed my ambien and ambien only lasted 3 hours last night and I am exhausted because I couldn't sleep. I'll update as soon as I can!

Its 2 days post surgery and i am swollen. This is...

Its 2 days post surgery and i am swollen. This is the worst pain ive ever gone thru but i think its more the fat transfer and the muscle tightening. I can see a difference already though even with swelling. I just wish i could fast forward about 2 weeks to see my results. I think its a little discouraging because the swelling but i will be positive and keep on truckin!!!

Hey guys! I'm having an additional surgery...

Hey guys! I'm having an additional surgery tomorrow to remove a hematoma that formed after the tummy tuck. Dr B said its a in and out procedure. So I am ready to get done so I can be back on the road to healing. If anyone is thinking of surgery this website is the best. I have found some great girls to keep me going through this new journey. I will say this is very trying and one of the hardest things I've had to do even if it is elective...but I have my eye on the prize and these girls have kept me positive. I made the mistake of thinking that after 2 weeks of surgery I was gonna be driving myself to the mall going on this shopping spree. I am lucky if I can walk down my hall without hunching over lol. But I will do what i can and keep on truckin!

I had my hematoma surgery...and it was successful!...

I had my hematoma surgery...and it was successful! Dr B was awesome by the way. And I feel sooo much better. Dr B said that it'll be sooo rare if another hematoma forms. So please please pray that I will not be the exception. I can already tell the difference on my stomach with all the fluid and blood gone. I have a follow up tomorrow so lets hope for great results.

Hey guys...wanted to update and ask a question...

Hey guys...wanted to update and ask a question also. Everyday is different. This past weekend was great I actually went out and bought myself a cardigan and it fit so great could of never pulled it off before (it was a fitted cardigan ;) ) Todays a little different...this morning I sneezed and felt and heard a POP in my abdomen. I did call the Dr and they said its probably scar tissue. But I am a compulsive worrier guys...I seem to think negative when it comes to myself and have been crying all day thinking my sutures have unraveled and now my tummy tuck is ruined. I have talked to 2 girls I keep in touch with on the website who said the same thing has happened to them and it was totally fine. So if anyone has input Please comment...the more that I hear that its common and was fine the better I feel. I have cried only once since my girls have emailed me back LOL. This surgery has definitely put my emotions to the test and so far they have failed! LOL.

Another Update! Today I feel pretty good. I will...

Another Update! Today I feel pretty good. I will post a pic tonite but it'll be with my clothes on..sorry. I'm very shy about showing my body. But its a huge difference. I will try to post b4 pics but I don't have very many. Today is the best I've felt I am 3 weeks and 4 days post op. I been able to stand up straighter than I have and haven't gotten so worn out that I'm laying on the bed for the majority of the day. I actually took the kids to city bites by myself and I haven't done anything without my husband when the kids are involved. But I return to work this Saturday and am very nervous...my dr allowed only 4 hour shifts for the next 2 weeks and I really think by 6 weeks I'll be 99%! So...the point of my update...ladies if you are looking into the surgery please allow about 6 weeks to recover. I took 4 weeks off and thought that 2 would be recovery and 2 would be vacation HA I was wrong!!! This has been a rough recovery. But I now will say its worth it. I wasn't sure when I was in pain but I'm happy I did it. I feel like I'm myself and not constantly worried that my stomach is hanging out and people think I'm pregnant. I will say that I never went through post partum depression but I did hit a point of depression after the surgery it lasted about a week. And it was no joke. Not everyone goes through the depression but when I was reading on it before surgery I thought not me that won't happen to me I've never been depressed and I've wanted this for so long why would I get depressed??? Well never say never!

New Pix!

New Pix!

2 years post op

Hey guys! Its been so long! It has been 2 years post op! Everything is great and has been the best decision for myself. I feel better it has made me become healthier! Thanks to real self for carrying me through this. Kimmers!!!! Miss you girl you made a huge difference for me!
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Hes so awesome! He personally called me to check on why I was on antibiotics before the surgery. I can't even get my family doctor to call me!

Ok so I'm on my way and I'm really nervous and the pill that I took last night didn't help much just praying that all will come out good.

All will be fine!

I guess I'm more freaked out because 2wks ago a 38yr old mother of two died and everybody I know is stressing me about it and it now has me freaked out

That is very sad:(

There are so many of these surgeries done every day with excellent results.  Your fears are all normal but please do not let people freak you out.

You take your life in your own hands every day just driving to work on the highway.  That scares me more than surgery.  Have you seen how people drive??  They are texting, eating, drinking, applying make up, talking on the phone and just about everything else.  When you are in the OR they will all be totally focused on you and your care.  No distractions..

Like with any surgery there is a risk but if you are healthy this will be fine.  You will be in a totally controlled OR environment and they will take good care of you.

So take a deep breath, focus on the positive, tune out the haters, get to your happy place and move forward :)

TT and BA tomorrow and im soooo sxared

butterpecan you will be ok.  Just have happy thoughts and soon you will have your new body.  Try to focus on your end results.

Please keep us up to date on how you are doing.

Hugs,

Thank you for your post! I have set up an appointment for a Mommy Makeover with Dr. Brou as well. My friend recommended him after he did her implants. I have been searching for someone on this site who has gone to him or who has gotten the Mommy Makeoever in OKC. I like to see what price range I will be working with as well, even though I will not be getting a fat transfer, because then I can figure out a payment plan. Thanks and congrats :)

Kristen
Kristen,

I also went to Br. Brou. I have not posted pics, maybe I will do that soon enough.. Maybe lol! I guess I just forget to take naked pictures of myself! But he is great, I cant say enough! I am more than happy with my results. I did not do a fat transfer either. I did the mommy makeover procedure. I had silicone implants with a breast lift. And then ofcourse the famous Tummy Tuck. I paid around $15,000.00 That is including Dr. Brous fees, anesthesia fees, and the overnight fee for the surgery center. If you have any questions or would like to share your story, there is so much to talk about! But I can say I really think you will be happy with him, he is very attentive to your individual needs, I just love him! And to put it simply he does great work!
Thank you for your response. It's just hard, because there are so many PS in OKC, and I had it narrowed down between Dr. Brou and Dr. Love (I have scheduled consultations with both)...I have read some bad reviews about Love (mostly his bedside manner), but I haven't really seen pictures of people with my body type who have gotten worked on by Dr. Brou. I just quit breastfeeding, so it looks like I will probably be doing a Tummy Tuck and Lipo and I will do the Breast Aug at a later date. I'm just nervous, because I don't want to be deformed or any of those other things you read in the horror stories. I guess I will go to both consultations and determine, from there,who I want to go with. Thanks

Just follow your heart and gut and you will make the correct decision.

Personally I needed the warm and fuzzy in my doctor.  The last thing I wanted was a rude and arrogant surgeon with no people skills.  Don't care much for the God syndrome.  I am not one to get impressed with titles, money and attitude.

I had to meet with six surgeons before I found Dr. Wonderful himself.  I ended up with the total package in a doctor...smart, great skills, excellent references, warm and sweet all at the same time.....oh yes and very easy on the eyes!  Or as all the ladies call him "Eye Candy"...LOL

You will make the right decision.
I am not sure of your bodytype, I do know that Dr. Brous website photos are no where near updated. He does way more procedures than the site reflects based on the number of photos. Dr, Brous bedside manner is amazing. I will tell you the best thing about him, he is going to be honest with you about the results and what to expect and how each procedure will effect your body type. He will be honest with you, because he wants you to have realistic expectations! I am not aware of Dr. Love, but I know several people who have gone to Dr.Brou, just make sure your surgeon, is Board Certified, and you can check to make sure there are no claims against the physician online. The only negative comment I ever found on Dr. Brou, was a women mad because he would not perform a procedure on her. ALso, he is very conservative and big on the results looking natural. I contemplated this for three years and chickend out of the procedure twice! I had concultations with several doctors. I would not let anyone else perform on me! It is a scary thing. Also he is set up on Web MD .com and if you like I will give you my password so you can see my results! Good luCK!
Hey guys! Sorry its been soooo long I dont get responses to my email anymore. I will post updated pix soon! I saw dr love and dr brou for consults i went with dr brou! I liked them both but dr brous surgery r at a surgical center and u get to stay over nite and have a nurse takemcare of u! Which was great. Dr brou has been sooo great i have his cell phn number he said call with any concerns! That made me feel great. Hes been sooo nice. Email me and ill go over all i had done.

Bird i havent heard from u in awhile!

Kimmers i miss u! Im go na email u this weekend!

How are you doing girl!  Send me an update when you get a minute. :)

You look fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Yeah, me too. It's been 8 weeks for me and I cannot see anything wrong with my stitches or scar. I just saw my PS the other day for a check up. :)
I agree with Angie. I vomited a lot the first night home, nothing came out or messed anything up.
Thx! it makes me feel soo much better hearing that. I always assume the worst case scenario with me.

Thanks so much for keeping us updated! I can totally relate to overworrying. Have you gotten the feedback you need to help you feel better about the popping noise? Remember, everyone coughs or sneezes at some point after a tummy tuck and I've never heard of it ruining the outcome.

I wanted to comment to just in case people skim through the comments more than read the updates.. Has anyone had to sneeze and heard and felt a popping noise in the abdomen??? I did today and called the Dr which said that its prob just scar tissue. And I spoke to 2 girls on here who said it happened to them and is fine. Please if you have anything like this happen to you comment me and let me know your outcome..
I wanted to check and see how you are doing today? Feeling better I hope :)
Hey Kimmers! Yes I am finally feeling alot better. I saw my dr today and everythings going well. LOL my sutures have not unraveled as I feared. I hate that I worry so much!
So glad to hear this news! You had a major surgery and have been through a ton of stress so worry is natural! It is all up hill from here my friend :) Keep in touch.
I am so glad you are doing better!

Thinking about you and wondering how you're doing after your hematoma surgery.

Hey angie! Thx for thinking about me...my surgery is this wendsday. I will continue updates. And eventually post some pix. LOL