Not What I Expected With Lifestyle Lift

My wife had the lifestyle lift proceedure done 6...

My wife had the lifestyle lift proceedure done 6 weeks ago and from day one has had nothing but pain, suffering, and a feeling of emptyness. After reading some of the comments on this web site I only wish we had read them before deciding to have the proceedure done. It is not reassuring at all to find other women having the same complications.

My wife trusted the Lifestyle Lift doctors and staff to be honest and caring throughout the entire program, but what we ended up with was a healing time that was not diclosed as well as never being told just how long the "healing" process takes. I think this company should be shut down immediately! I plan to write radio and television stations in hopes of getting some sort of exposure. The only problem is my wife refuses to be seen by anyone other than her grandchildren. What a shame for a beautiful woman 55 years old to be dealt such a negative blow by snappy commercials and flase promises.

Did not tell the truth and wasn't honest before or after the procedure.

My neighbor had the procedure done 8/13/2010. She went in at 6:00 am and came home at noon and was dead by 2:30. We are so upset and in disbelief.
After reading the horror stories of LSL patients I wouldn't have this procedure if it were FREE!!!! I am soooo thankful to God for his protection & decernment!! I had an appointment for tomarrow 12-28-09!!!!!!!! TRUST ME I have NO intention of going there for that torture!!! My daughter is a nurse and I called her (she was on her way home from a double shift) She got on the RealSelf.com site when I told her what I was reading and her comment was THANK GOD, MOM you should (if you really want to do this PLEASE go to a REAL Plastic Surgeon)!! Amen! Thank You Lord for widsom!! God Bless & heal these women who have shared their stories to save others the pain!!!
Thanks for posting your story. I feel bad for you and your wife but you really shouldn't try to go through this without some kind of help. Medically, I know that there are many revisions that can be done to help with the scars and other issues. I had to have my LSL redone due to complications with my eyes and ears. Emotionally though that is a tough one. I was very embarrassed that I fell for the marketing hype. I have found many friends here at realself that given me courage and just knowing that I was not the only one who fell for the hype. I just wish I had found realself before I had the procedure done 2 years ago. I hope anyone considering this procedure will also go and seek a 2nd opinion with an American Board Certified Plastic Surgeon before the make the final decision on LSL. Also remember when you are comparing procedures, compare apples to apples. Best, Chrystal Eckes
Sorry to hear of this bad experience. May this be a lesson to others to RESEARCH the surgeons AND procedures, PRIOR to making a decision to under go, ANY kind of cosmetic surgery. I hope your wife feels better.
Denver
HJS 1972, Where did you get your procedure done?
I had my procedure done in Denver also.
I hope your wife gives it time. I'm the same age and I feel like a new woman. I had mine done six months ago. I was aware of the healing time and I am still healing on the neck. I have trouble understanding why people are not more realistic about this procedure. I think most people that write on this web sight are to impatient to wait for the true results. I had my face and neck done. I really do like both of them again. I still have lines around my mouth but, the procedure is not skin care. Anyway give it time and hopefully she will feel good about her looks and enjoy this part of her life. It has definately changed my attitude to being positive about being 55 years old and thank God I'm where I'm at.
I too am hopeful that she fully recovers and is eventually satisfied with her results. We have read so many horror stories about the lifestyle lifft since Mary had the proceedure that it is very disheartening. Thank you for your words of encouragement. Dave
I have also found that a lot of people here rush to judgment far too soon after the procedure. I think it's always good to keep in mind that you have to have reasonable expectations, and give it time to let swelling go down, and healing take place, so I agree with your comment. By the way, I do not make this comment based on this lady's husbands comments.
When I went to LSL, the time frame that I was given for recovery was very short. I don't know what they are telling people now but I don't think that 6 weeks is too soon to post negative or undesirable results. At 6 weeks you should pretty much be on your way to a full recovery unless something else is causing an underlying condition. I had a "RE-DO" of my LSL and looked better 3 weeks later. They even commented on how quickly that I healed up. I did NOT HAVE the same experience with the LSL. I know that all individuals are different and each person heals differently. But I know in my case that I felt that something was wrong from the very beginning. After reading many posts, I have heard the same thing from other women and I did not rush to post my dissatisfaction. In fact I waited almost 5 months to post after I had exhausted all avenues with LSL. Didn't you write this post to "Glad I Opted Out:" I spoke to my cosmetic surgeon about this procedure, and he said he would not ever do this kind of lift, and does not recommend it. You are smart. Save up the money and do it the right way. Make sure you RESEARCH your surgeon well prior to ANY surgery. I researched my surgeon for 3 yrs before I made my first appointment, and I am very happy with him. I just have one question for you -- After 6 weeks did you not see improvement in your surgery? Best, Chrystal Eckes