First Time with Radiesse for Under Eye Hollows... Left Me with Discoloration

I certainly wish I had researched Radiesse before...

I certainly wish I had researched Radiesse before going to the doctor. I would have never had it injected under my eyes. I went to a board certified dermatologist that specializes in cosmetic procedures. I thought I was being careful by choosing a doctor over a skin care center. I wanted to even out the under eye hollows that had started to show.

At 44 I had never had anything done to my face before and put my trust in the wrong person. Lots of swelling and discoloration. It has been over three months and the swelling is gone, but I have half-moon reddish discoloration under both eyes that I cannot quite cover completely with makeup. Does anyone know the best treatment for this discoloration. I have olive skin and I tan easily.

What is the best treatment discoloration of the skin after Radiesse? I have two half-moon circles under my eyes and it has been over three months. I have olive skin and tan very easily. I can post a picture if that would help.

He has been of no help. He shouldn't have used Radiesse under my eyes. He didn't even use the whole syringe and just threw the rest away. He could have used a less expensive and agressive filler for under my eyes. Dr. let his assistant rub and smooth the filler under my right eye and he did the left. The filler is not positioned evenly and under my right eye you can see the filler in a lump. That is the least of my worries. I really want to get rid of the discoloration.

Is there anyone on her that is from michigan? Canton michigan? Or did u get your injection in canton mi?Just wondering if we had the same injector.....If so I would like to talk with you...This could be a mix of the injector and a bad batch of the product...i have spoken to a lawer (the assistant) I am waiting for a call back....i will keep u all updated!
I have a yellow ridge under my left eye from an injection 6 weeks ago. There is a lot of redness too.
I have heard prednisone makes you gain weight, and another bad thing is it blocks the healing process when taken for too long! But if it helps....guess you gotta do what you gotta do. Also, I have been using something I invented long ago, which is far less expensive than the stupid overpriced Clarisonic brush. Get a five-dollar battery-operated toothbrush at the drugstore to exfoliate skin and also to disperse that horribly-filled filler. It's not much different (and less expensive) than the hundred0plus dollar Clarisonic. Sorry for my bad sp. and grammar here -- I am in a hurry to get out the door!
As a victim of an over fill of Radiesse under the eyes which resulted in discoloration,swelling,and a crappy result, I will tell you this: It is not what any of us(with BAD results) expected. What do you do? I went on Prendisone. It helps! BUT, Expect complications from prendisone. I tried many makeup coverups,creams,... ect. I did get a rotating cleaner brush called clarisonic plus, I think it may have hellped. It has been 2 years.
OMG it has been 2 years and you STILL have discoloration? RAdiesse should be sued for sure! What does the Prendisone do?
I'm assuming she meant Prednisone. That is a steroid medication
Yes, I signed a consent form, required @ my Dr.... Helped them, not me!
Just my point, these dummies didn't even have me sign anything because they don't know what the hell they are doing! Thanks so much for writing your experience too! :)
I am surprised they didn't have you sign a consent form. I am not sure what the laws are in NY regarding dermfillers. In Indiana where I live anyone injecting botox or dermfillers must be a licensed Physician or practice under a licensed Physician. As far as how much the liability the physician assume when a nurse or other under his umbrella mess up I am not sure. But an informed consent usually covers anything and everything that could go wrong. Making it nearly impossible for them to be sued. Unless written consent is specifically required verbal consent is just as valid as written. I will let you know how the peel works. It is really great to have someone to share my experiences with. If you haven't experienced what we have others don't really understand what all the fuss is about:)Fell free to vent anytime!
I have not heard of any lawsuits. They usually have you sign an Informed Consent. Most consent forms cover uses not labled as well. It is worth looking at your consent if you can get a copy.
Your the best, you always answer :) I didn't have to sign anything at this place they are just injection happy! I just can't believe no one has sued any of these doctors for being stuck with this ugly discolored bumps. Where are you located? I am in CT but this happened in NY.....
Has anybody tried suing any of these doctors? they should not be putting this under the eyes and the discoloration can last more than a year!
I got my injections in the nasal bi-fold area...and i have the peachy/beige/almost transparent marks under my eyes also....so i dont think this is a condition that is related to under eye hollows only....i posted a review about my doctor on angies list and yesterday i found out the doctor sent angies list a letter/reply from his attorneys office threatening to sue for liable...News for him...i cant be sued for liable if i told the truth..and i absolutely did...i should recieve a letter from his attorney today...probably also threatening me with a lawsuit...UNBELIEVABLE...i would invite a chance to b in court with him!! My face is proof! I also have pics.
I have read that when bruising is severe, some times the iron in our hemoglobin stains the underlying tissue. I believe that in time it does resolve , but it takes a long time maybe a year or more. I am considering the tca peel under my eyes before the knife. I am hoping that the peel will be deep enough to lighten the discoloration. I realize I will have hypopigmentation for a few months but I think it will look better than it does now. I hope
What happened with your peel? Are your bruises any better? The discoloration?
I had a 10% tca peel and had good results. I still have light peach markings under my eyes, but they are about 1/2 the length they used to be the. As for the tissue tightening I have notice a difference under the right eye. My left eye was not as tramatized as the right from the injections. I think the injections under the right were lumpy causing the appearence of wrinkes, as the radiesse disolves the appearance is softening out. I have not had the surgery yet. I am going to do 2 more peels spaced 6 weeks appart to see how it looks. I started using cold plasma eye cream and love it!! however it smells terrible. Very fish d/t the fish oil. Hope things are getting better for you. It has been a long time coming but I think things are getting better. Good Luck
Hi, Did you get the tca peel under your eyes? I am starting to feel like this is never going to go away,Some people on this site said it has been 2 years! omg! Where do you get the plasma eye cream?
I am 47 and have always been told I looked like I was in my thirties. However after this experience I rarely hear it. I am also very afraid to have anything surgically done to my face. I like the way I look and just wanted to look freshed and fill in some of the areas that lost some volume associated with aging. I have been using botox on a regular basis for about 5 or 6 years and think its amazing. Since this procedure I have noticed that my undereye skin looks looser and less firm. After talking with my Dr he suggested that we remove a very small amount of the tissue under my eyelashs from the tear duct to the outer corner and pull the skin up to my lower lash suture it in place, along with a tca peel under my eyes. It can be performed under a local with approx 1 week of down time for peeling an bruising. This will tackle both the discoloration and the bags under my eyes. But as I had mentioned I am very fearful of surgery. What if it changes the shape of my eyes. I think we are not alone, many women have been disappointed with the results they have obtained with radiesse in that area. I hope that they read all of the negative reviews and think twice before they proceed with the injections in the eye hollows. Remember we are probably our harshest critic
That is why I do not want to have surgery either, but do you think this will go away? I've read anywhere from 9months to 18months to 2 years to 7years!
You are right I haven't seen or heard any problems with botox. This radiesse should come with a damn warning!
I am so disappointed! I want this filler out! Is there anyway to make it break down?
Can they fix my broken capillaries?
Did you demand you money back?
you know I went to a plastic surgeon yesterday - He said I could have them surgically removed by making incisions under my eyes and scraping the stuff out-Yikes! I have halfmoon peach pink under my eyes too. It is also raised. If it is going to go away, I guess I will have to wait but what if it doesn't? One site I was looking at the person said it took years! I can deal with 5 months-what is blepharoplasty? I'm starting too think I better just leave my face alone, I am 44 and looked alot better before this!
5 months out and as I had stated before most of the discolorization is gone , but a halfmoon peach/pink line of discolrization remains under each eye. I really believe that my eyes looked better before the procedure. I retrospect I should have spent a little more money and had blepharoplasty
It has been 4 months since my injections and most of the discolorization under my eyes is gone. I still would not recommend for use under the eyes. I think my eyehollows looked better before the injections.(younger).
I agree, My girl friend also had the same experience. It seems it is far more common effect than not.
I think we should go on the Dr. Oz show and warn people not to get Radiesse under the eyes.