Facial Mole - Is the Redness After a Mole Shave Scarring?

Mole Shave Pros - I was told the chance of...

Mole Shave Pros - I was told the chance of scarring was lower, they did it quickly (within five minutes) and I was able to drive out with the mole removed that afternoon. It was relatively inexpensive ($300, covered by insurance).

Cons - I may have scarring but I am unsure.

I had a facial mole removed (shaved) a little under a month ago (size of a pencil eraser). The scab fell off about two weeks ago. There still remains a pinkish red spot, is this going to fade to normal skin tone eventually, or more or less remain this way? Also, the area is very slightly sunken, but I don't think it would be noticeable if the area was the same skin tone as the rest of my skin.

I've had lots of moles removed by this method. I had really red scars that lasted a few months and then faded to slightly lighter than skin color - not very noticable at all now, but I didn't enjoy the healing phase. Having a dermatologist use a Vbeam laser on these scars made them fade much quicker - I highly recommend doing this. I never had any problems or side effects from Vbeam, it is not a very invasive or intense laser, but it does get the red to fade much more quickly.
Hi,

I've had numerous moles removed, I am a melanoma survivor. The scar will fade but it takes a long time - several months. It will get lighter and won't appear as deep. Be sure to protect the scar from sun as that will make it worse.
You are a miracle lost my father 3 yrs ago to melanoma

Hi Justin,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Here are a few related threads that might help you:

What to expect for scar after mole removal?

Scars to expect from mole removal?

Can a mole be removed without leaving a scar?

Also found a few Doctor Q&A threads that'll help with your recovery and scar prevention:

How to minimize scar after mole removal?

Scar removal products after mole removal?

Hope this helps!