Age 45, 3 Kids, Liposuction Left Me with Bumps but It's Still Worth It

PROS - feel better about myself, get rid of my...

PROS - feel better about myself, get rid of my constricting fat,clothes fit better.

CONS- it's surgery every surgery has cons.. Cost,complications,-after: numer 1 for me is wearing the garment it's very uncomfortable,feeling (no real pain just unfomfortable. numb, bruising, freaking out thinking what are these lumps? freaking out thinking are they going to go away? is my skin going to look good again? am i healing right?

I did it for myself, I am 45 yrs 3 kids,take good care of myself, eat right, excersize, not getting any younger.I deserve it.married for 21 years at the same time i also had breast augmentation. and am very happy with that. no problems. that was a breeze compared to the Lipo.

My question is im 2 weeks postop and have been trying to get a straight answer.. About the lumps. hard marble sized lumps .one is long like a small finger.. what are they? how did they occur(is it a poor job)? will they go away?

4.5 year update

nipples are not even bad lift job.. very firm implants. lipo spots lumpy and scared wish I did not do lipo with Dr salas .. wish I did not do a lift ! in fact if your trying to same money its not worth it to go to mexico period !
i would do the precedures again just not in mexico ! Im happy with me and I still wear my string bikinis and wear them proudly i am about to turn 50 :) and I work hard at keeping myself in shape and maintain my shape :) I have NO complaints from my boyfriend !
Dr Jose Salas

Crappy ! would never recomend Dr salas to anyone !!! terrible lipo work, scared and lumpy , implants are very very firm, and uneven nipple placement on lift !!

U sound like my size exactly. Was it your abdominal are that u had lipo on? Is that the area that is still lumpy? I had abdominal lipo nine weeks ago and it is hard and lumpy but was hoping it would go away. Yours did not?
lower belly area around belly button . a little on the sides and yes lumpy not smooth and can see the underlying scars , after 4 and a half years nope has not gone away..scars dont .. I would NOT do lipo if I hat it to do over again . eat right and do cardio exercises . its not easy but there is no magic fix !
I have done the lymphatic messages, self message, hot compresses, swim 45 minutes each day, and CG 24/7. I have tried eating well. I see several people do revisions but I do not think I will do so. I will just have to live with the end results since my waist looks way better with clothes on but my jeans still fit just the same minus the muffin top. Thanks for your honest report on your experience.
Dang you look good for 50!! But why do you think the implants are hard? I'm going to do a BA with him no lift, no lipo. I have seen a lot of good work from him. so how many ccs did you get? And they were silicone over the muscle right? they do not look heavy on you.
thank you !! they are just firm cant really squeeze them . yes silicon over the muscle . I dont remember the ccs . I am a 36 D 5'7 145 pounds
so was your doctor jose luis salas MARTINEZ or jose luis VALERO salas ? lol sorry i read through the comments and i'm still confused about it
clinicadecirugiacosmetica IN TIJUANA MARTINEZ
clinicadecirugiacosmetica. Dr. Jose Luis Salas Martinez
ok then I'm going for a BA with him in 2 months. I wanted him to place them in between the muscle! i hope he has changed since your surgery. so over all, how do you feel about the BA ? do you feel like yourbreasts are heavy? because ive seen over the muscle work and i feel that they LOOK heavy. I'm sorry that youre unhappy with the lipo btw :/
see thats what I thought he was going to do under the muscle . then I was told my Grace the receptionist that he only does above the muscle and that was never disclosed to me .. he is not throughout I should have known that going in .. yes they are heavy but they look more natural when clothed ..
not happy with the lift and hardening of implants.. the scars on my middle are liveable.. I definaly can wear anything in my closet BUT only becuase I ate right and lost 22 ponds this last year and kept it off. You will NOT lose weight by liposuction alone.. 2 years after my lipo i was the same weight but clothes fir better.. Its not a fix all!!! you have to eat right ! I am going to have a consultation soon to see that they say .. ill keep you posted :) till then drink your vegetables !! www.tntvemma.com
Hi tamra I also got lipo in Mexico 3 weeks ago with Dr salas .I had my chin, inner and outer thighs, back , arms ,abdomen I also had fat transfer to butt and fat transfer to my lips. I also have concern cause my stomach still is very tender and lumpy. The rest looks thinner .I really don't see a difference on my inner thighs. I massage my self everyday, it is painful. I just hope my stomach doesn't stay lumpy either.
Hey there.. im back.. 3 years post op now! I would NEVER send anyone to Dr salas.. he did a crappy job, underscaring is just that ..scars.. this is all after the fact now of course.. my stomach has fat patches and scaring , lumpy still , my nipples are uneven from the lift, and implants have hardened . I feel he did not take his time and do it right!! wish I had never listened to my friend .. I am a fit, 5'7 , 145 pounds , 48 years old . look great in my clothes , though i do wear bikinis because I dont care what others think I wanted it for me. but definalty would go to a US Dr with several referrals . Good luck with the healing process Claudiag .. it takes along time!

Hey there, thanks for coming back and updating us on your progress, it's great to see how people are after a year or two out. Sorry you didn't gett he results you were hoping for. Can you have it fixed or are you happy to stay with the results you have at the moment?

Their are 2 doctors named Jose Luis Salas, is it Dr.Jose Luis Salas Martinez or Dr.Jose Luis valero Salas?
Dr Jose Luis Salas . sorry for the cunfusion
I am 4 years post op now.. mainly waiting to see true final results.. there is no way to fix the scaring on my stomach , thats just being realistic.. Im am going to get a consultaion for my implants and lift and wee what they say .. im sure that can be fixed with lots of $$$$$$ of course .. I will check back in
See what they say .. sorry not good at cheking my posts before I hit send.. lol
Dr.Jose Luis Salas Martinez
hi tamara,i dont understand about the dr salas,it he a good plastic surgery dr , how was your dr,thank you ,tamara
Yep .. that comment was early on.. when I came on this site all I wanted to know was years down the road how was peoples recovery and I counld find anyone coming back and giving us updates.. so Im doing it.. I whs I never went to Dr Jose Salas in tiuana .. june 2013 will be 4 years post op.. fully healed but scaring underneath skin on stomach .. implants are very very fiem and nipple placement uneven .. I went in NOT wanting a lift and he talked me into it and stupid me trusted him!! I didnt want to be perfect just wanted fuller boobs , now im uneven and scared.. like i said in another post my clothes fit fantastic mainly due to my diet and excersize .. there really is no magic cure to our fat .. we need to work out and eat right !!! plastic surgery really is the easy way out ..(referring to lipo)
I had lipo 6 months ago. I hate the results so far. Although there in an improvement, it still looks fat, lumpy -bumpy. I had lipo on my abdomen, outer and inner thigh the saddle bags. Flanks. My stomach looks the same like nothing has changed, my thighs are lumpy. I have big lumps like the size of half a dollar on both thighs. I have dropped any weight. My first few months actually till about 4 months I was still numb. And then my 5th and 6th month I started to feel sensation again. At this point I think the results are permanent because it's been 6 months and i look pretty much the same. What's confusing is I saw my PS and she showed a pic of how much fat was removed and it was like 4 tall jars, apron 2liters of fat. Considering I'm only 5feet tall. I have a pretty small frame that sounds like a lot of fat. Any advice from anyone who is 1 yr post op or in my situation. Can I still expect changes?
I am 15 months post op . lipo to my stomach, sides,lower back and shoulder blade areas.. at first I was freaked out too.. but it takes a good 9 months to a year to heal and at 15 months im still not fully healed. I have underlying scaring on my sides that still diminishing . finally no signs of numbness.bumpyness still going away , but that is fat pockets and with Proper diet and excersize that will go away.. what just happened to your body is UNnatural and evasive you need to give it time and a lot of it.. and I also have no weight loss but that was not what we (I) was after.. I needed my clothes to fit better and they do . I can finally again wear anything i want with no bulging through my clothes, everything is comfortable again. . I can tell that i just this last month lost a full pant size in 2 months by using the kettlebell weight workout, you can get one at target, walmart ,tjmax. good luck and happy healing :) ps. liposuction is not a magic cure, we still have to maintain good eating habits and excersize. the fat CAN come back!! it happened to a friend of mine
can you send me some contact information for your doctor. Also do you have any before and after pictures? Thank you
I had a consultation for BA here (Modesto, CA)...no lift necessary. I am a 36c and want a 36d ($5100). No lipo consultation as I was not planning on it but was told that just the abs would be about $5000. I began consulting PS in Mexico after my aunt got a reconstruction of TT and BA in Mexico due to bad...bad TT and negative experience with a rupture implant (saline) in Vegas, Nevada. Dr. Salas also thinks that I don't need a lift. After the holidays I will be contacting the PS who did my aunt's recunstruction in TJ. His name is Dr. Schramm Urrutia. A rough estimate from him has been $5000 for BA and lipo (arms, back, thighs, complete abs, love handles) and it includes pre-op tests (blood work, cardiologist, etc) as well as garments. I am still debating whether ir not to get lipo. From what I have read on this site...it seems complicated and painful more than my c-sections. Thanks a lot Tamara. I'll post pictures and reviews after my procedure ^_*