Lumps and Marks After Lipo

I had liposuction on my stomach and thighs in...

I had liposuction on my stomach and thighs in November 2008, in Tunis. Everything went perfect from beginning to the end. However, some of the (what I thought was) swelling hasn`t disappeared and the stiches are still very noticeable after 7 months. My buttocks are actually slimmer on the sides (thighs), where fat was removed, but there is a lump where my back meets my buttocks. You can really tell it was only "vacuumed" so far, and not further down. It doesnt look natural.

What can I do now, preferably NOT a second lipo, to treat this lumpy area? What can I do about dark stitch marks?

Dr. Taher Djemal, El Menzah

The clinic has the most modern conditions and my room was great. Nurses are nice and helpful. The doctor knows what he is doing! He is President of the Tunisine Cirurgical Association.

You have a awesome shape! As to the stitch marks if they're not going away by itself then I'm sure there are non surgical procedures or products that can reduce their appearance over time. I think most scar tissues can be treated by a dermatologist.
Damn u looooooook so dam good how much do u weigh?
I'm just a guest to this website. i actually have the same concern that you have. I had the "Brazilian butt" lift done on Sept 2,09 and i also have noticed a lump above the butt on my waist line. I'm very nervous and worried also...When i asked my doctor about the lump he said not to worry its only swelling it should go away. Has your disappeared yet?
Hi! I still have the lump.... I actually did the exact same question to my doctor and he told me the same as yours. "Just swelling". It is a little bit better than right after surgery, but I feel it A LOT. I dont regret my surgery... but there are some deformities, unperfections...
I cannot tell from the pics. it looks great
from a mans perspective I like what I see...of course you will see every flaw..but as a man I dont see any! seriously.
Ivana, the lighting in these photos is pretty dark, so I'm not sure I see any "lump where the buttocks meets your back". I do, however see some slight excess in the love-handle area. The back is tricky to do, cuz it's got the thickest skin and most fibrous tissue in our midsections. You might want to consult a surgeon who uses Vaser Hi Def liposculpture. The cannula is smaller, the tip is not super-heated, and it actually liquifies fatty tissue. It's ideal for the back area. Perhaps one session of Vaser Hi Def lipo would smooth the transition from back to buttock? I'm no doc, but that's my suggestion. Also, my own lipo cannula scars (front, back) took about 3+ years to fade completely. I didn't stress about it, cuz they were never visible. If you are prone to keloids, you can get steroid injections to flatten them out. But I bet if you just wait and DO NOT tan them, they'll fade away.
You have to realize that areas you might not think are perfect may be the best it can be. I talked with my doc about a bit of fat on my upper thigh post op, he said let's wait for the 6 month as there is also still some swelling, but he also indicated that he needs to use restraint as denting can occur. I trust that my doc is giving me the best advice and if he says we are done, then it will be. I am not a surgeon, I do not know the process as he does. If you researched and chose a good doctor, then follow his/her recommendations.
thanks ivana, u no, i had my follow up visit today to take my stitches out and i said to my doctor "i dont see any results. u think i am going to need a revision?" he was like um slow down, its been SIX DAYS. he says i should be completely satisfied with the results. but they all probably say that. we'll see what happens. i will keep you posted...keep us posted on what happens as far as your situation. and what did you say they offer? free revisions if they know they didnt deliver 100%? awsome!!!
Thank you so much for your answers. I am starting to accept I have to go back there, if I want to get this fixed. I trust my surgeon, although it is not perfect. Moreover, in this Clinic they do not charge you anything if they agree the work is not perfect and you need to go back. That is professionalism... Morena, take some more time so you can see a better result... Although we always want them to get the most out, I believe it is a proof of "good work" that they dont take too many risks and maybe leaving the area disproportional... My left leg (buttock) is not symmetric because I think they took too much off...
For the scars, get some Vitamin E oil and massage the scars a couple times a day. You might need a touch-up surgery, I realize that is not what you want to hear, but surgery is not always perfect. I don't think you need to wait 5 more months. You should be more than 90% healed from the 1st surgery. Make an appointment and talk to your doc. Then Go talk to another doc for a second opinion. Good Luck.
Do not apply vitamin E to your scars. The supposed benefits are a longstanding myth and you may develop a mild skin allergy (dermatitis).

For what it's worth, I think you have a lovely profile. Hope you are feeling better about it by now!
you poor thing- i can see exactly what youre talking about. i am no expert, i merely had lipo to correct a muffin top that resulted from a surgery to remove uterine fibroids last year. i would say to wait the full year till the actual anniversary of your surgery date like my doctor told me to do so that you are sure that what you are seeing are your final results. and if that lump is permanent, i would say to go back to the same doctor and ask him for a revision. i know thats not what you want to do, but he may be able to give you a substantial discount to correct the problem, especially if you made it clear from the very beginning what you wanted, and he did not deliver 100%. its only been since june 12 (last week)and i am already getting a head of myself, so i couldnt imagine what you must be going through after waiting 7 months and still not seeing what you want to see. i wish you all the best. feel free to communicate with me if you need to talk to somebody who is having issues as well- i have photos in my post also...
i cant tell