Lipo: First Week Was Horrible but Was Worth It!

Pros: -I have an hour glass figure ;) -flat...

Pros:
-I have an hour glass figure ;)
-flat stomach
-no love handles
-size 27 waist
-can wear skinny jeans and pull it off
-comfortable to wear a two piece bikini
-i look great in pictures
-i got inspired to eat a heathier diet
-husband loves it
-i also got a butt injected with my fat which makes my butt look
-everyone compliments me
i feel much more confident and happy with my new look.

Cons:
-it's pricey $$$$
-the recovery is painful the first week. The first few days were the worst. I felt dizzy and dehydrated. When I would stand up I felt like passing out. I called my Dr after a few days of the surgery and he told me to drink lots of water and gatorade or vitamin water. He also told me to take IRON and I did and I felt much better. He also told me to take advil every 6 hours for the pain because the pain is unbearable.
-you have to take time off of work. i took ten days off because i really didnt feel okay to work yet
-you need assistance from someone to help you get up and use the restroom and shower
-the compression garment must be worn for at least 6 weeks, its tight and it hurts
-bruising and swelling
-sharp spontaneous pains
-you can't do regular exercise until atleast after a month
-your very fragile the first month

i am 28 years old, weighed 130, 5ft tall wore a size 8. I had liposuction on my abdomen, lower and upper back, arms,outter tighs, and had my fat injected into my butt I am now a size 2, 125 lbs.

i am not going to lie, the pain the first week was unbearable and during that time i regreted my decision of having the liposuction. i consider myself to be a mentally strong and physically strong person but i have to admit that the pain was unbearable and very painful the first week. You really have to have tough, think positive, and take it one day at a time. Despite the harsh recovery, I am glad that I did it and very satisfied with my results. So far I am in one month after the surgery but from what I see so far, I am loving it and so does my husband.

Dr. Martin Yanez

Because my doctor was careful, friendly, and shaped my body beautifully with minor incision marks. I highly recommend him.

I am glad you had a success, with dr yanez as I did not. I had surgery in late April with him, and ended up with a huge seroma and tons of necrotic tissue. Two surgeries, a wound vac, a month off of work and twice weekly appointments to wound clinic and I still have a wound that has not healed. I am also still in pain, and will have to undergo a third post Dr Yanez surgery in the fall. My insurance in the US is attempting to charge me, and when I tried to get follow up care he told me to put neosporin on it and contact pcp for antibiotics. This doctor is awful at after care, and once he has your money he no longer cares. A butcher in my opinion and I truly hope no one else deals with what I went through.
hey do you have any before and afters? Im considering lipo
The information I read abou tthis doctor would not detour me from going to him. He was arrested for not having a license to practice medicine in California. This does not mean he was not good at what he does. The infractions quoted were only to the effect that he saw patients prior to surgery and after surgery in Downey, California. The surgeries were conducted in Mexico. Personally, I have no problem with this.... it is the doctors whose patients report health problems after surgery that would concern me. It comes as no surprise to me that the US Medical Board would want to stop Mexican doctors from recruiting patients, because it is loss of income for them, but this does not mean the doctors are unsafe.
I recommend highly you read this website regarding a doctor with the same name you provided http://www.medbd.ca.gov/board/media/releases_2007_12-07_yanez.html
I completely agree with almost everything stated. How some people state no pain is beyond me. The 2nd day was horrible and painful. It got a little better day by day but its day 5 for me and I am still not ready to go back to work. I go tomorrow for my follow up and get my stage 1 garmet off and stage 2 put on along with getting the few stitches out.I am anxious to see what it looks like under everything....
does not change the fact that he did a great job.
I believe that this is the same doctor that was arrested for practicing without a license in 2007. http://www.medbd.ca.gov/board/media/releases_2007_12-07_yanez.html
yes this is true, but he is licensed in mexico. and i didnt claim he was a surgeon in the u.s. its clearly stated at the begining of my commentary. and it does not change the fact that he did a great job on me.
California Board, Shmalifornia Board. Certification boards provide no healthcare, only barriers to it. Each day that passes I'm convinced their sole purpose is to limit the number of practitioners and thereby limit our choices and available competition. Dr Martin Yañez operated on me 3 days ago and far exceeded my expectations. I'll take his advise and consultation over any bureaucrat's - any day of the year. Definitely the pain on days 2 and 3 were hard to take - not so much because it might have been intolerable (it wasn't), but because I was wondering if I would be ready to get on the plane back home 5 days from now as scheduled. Today I'm sure I can. I feel WAY better than yesterday, and I'm certain that my journey is all downhill from here. Dr Yañez and his team ROCK!!!
What anesetic did your doctor use for your procedure?
I agree totally! I am 9 days out now and just now feeling some semblance of normalcy. There is no way in hell I could have returned to work the second or third day - or even the fourth or fifth! I was in terrible pain and was so thankful I had a loving husband to help me through that time. I am, of course, not sorry I did this, and finally have my pre-babies body back! :-)
Hi, Well I am really glad that the surgery turned out well and that you are doing good. I am now 5 months after my surgery and I got to tell you that it gets better with time. I still do feel some sharp pains on my sides but it s not bad at all. I love my results and I notice that the swelling goes does after 2 months and then you start seeing your results. I barely started to exercise two weeks ago because my behind was still in pain from the fat being injected in it.I still don't think I have reached the full results but for the most part its looking great.
HI! Would love if you could post before and after pics. I am 5 ft and have been thinking about lipo for about 2 years. I kust hear all the horror stories and makes me nervous! any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!
Hi yes I would be glad to send you pictures. Do you have an email address?
I totally agree with you! The first week (especially the 2nd day for me) were miserable. I felt like I would never heal, and maybe I had made some mistake, but after a while, it gets better. I am 2 weeks post-op, and with the exception of a few sore spots (which feel like I worked out too hard), it's all good. I did have this procedure over my 9 day vacation and I am glad I did. There is now way I would have felt good working during that first week. Thanks for the post. It's the first one that has been similar to my experience so far!
I agree, day 2 was really hard and painful. I am on day 5 and feel the same way. I feel like I regret doing it but I know I just need to be patient. Do you have any before and afters we can swap...