Lipoma Removal from Right Side - Terrible Experience During the Surgery I Felt All the Pain

My lipoma was removed in the hospital by a surgeon...

My lipoma was removed in the hospital by a surgeon I was in terrible pain during the procedure the whole procedure took about 30 minutes from start to finish I was crying format he pain that I was not able to endure after few shots of local anesthetic the doctor proceed to count into my skin and I felt the scalpel I felt my skin been cut I started to sceem in agony my surgeon told me « that is unacceptable you can cry but don’t scream » his exact words then he proceeds to give me more local anesthetic after that it became more tolerable but I was still I initial shock of the pain and cried for entire procedure.

I am so upset when the surgery was finished I had about 12 stitches across from my right breast (2 inches away from my breast area across the rib until the back ) a very large insition scar I must go back to the same doctor to have the stitches removed in 2 weeks. After the surgery I was still howling in pain and crying a lot I asked the doctor to give me something for the pain his answer to me was to take 2 Tylenol or advid I was in schuc h pain I could not stop shaking and crying I had to go to my family doctor for prescription of codeine mixed with atasol to reduce my pain I never expected to be treated like that in the hospital by a surgeon I am till in schok by do we need to suffer and feel so much pain with la the help available right now to the doctor to reduce the patient discomfort I felt like a number not important and I felt like the doctor did not give a crap about my discomfit and pains it was a terrible experience just terrible

It has left me with large insition that was stitched with 12 stitches I will have the stitches removed in 2 weeks it is a large cut from my right side next to right breast across the ribs till the back I am in a lot of pain since the surgery.

I am wonder how soon can I start applying scar removal creams to the scar area of my body and what is the best cream available right now to reduce the scar visibility Ps is it normal to still be in such pain my doctor gave me codeine pills mixed with atasol I have to take them every 4 to 5 hours for the pain but I still feel the pain even after I took the pills what can I do ?

doctor did not care that i was in terrible pain

I hope everyone who reads some of the stories here about terrible pain recognize that you cannot ASSUME the physician has any empathy. You most certainly need to discuss with your MD what his/her concept is about amt of pain that is within reason. In medicine we use, for the most part, a visual analog scale from 0 to 10, with 0 meaning no pain or discomfort and 10/10 meaning you need to go to the emergency dept because it is the worst pain imaginable. (Was your surgeon an MD? His whole tx sounds highly unorthodox.) In my practice as a PT I treat people in pain for a good part of every day. While I would prefer NOT to focus on pain, our Medicare demands that we elicit a pain score for the pt both before and after the treatment. When I say, a # between 0-10, many patients will respond "My pain is 20 out of 10". I explain again that 10 is as bad as it can ever be, and they still claim 20 on a scale of 10. I then explain that they drove themselves to the clinic, walked over a curb, opened a door, and sat quietly in the waiting room, then walked another 50 ft to sit with me, and that THAT is NOT even 10/10 pain, and 10 is a high as you may choose. Most still won't give up, so I document their "score" and then devise what the appearance of the level of pain is. My point is, we should all discuss with the MD what level of pain we can tolerate without anesthesia, especially if the pain will continue more than a few seconds. In my opinion, sedation or general anesthesia is needed if the pain is prolonged more than 60 to 120 seconds and is greater than 8/10. If the patient is screaming, that is the surgeon's IMMEDIATE cue to stop what he/she is doing and address better pain mgmt. If you do not hear that THIS is the way your surgery will be handled, do your best to find someone who has a more compassionate style. I hope this helps. If the pain is screaming bad, you may ask IMMEDIATELY for the procedure to stop and go to the ER for pain relief and bandaging, and then seek another surgeon. I definitely would report this physician to the Board of Surgeons. If we do not take responsibility for our own care, we will be abused as honey-bunny was. I hope you are doing MUCH better now!
I was Screaming I was in Horrible pain even today years after my surgery I still remember and cringe every time how painful it was! even today it gives me sometimes nightmare to remember I still remember the smell of burning flesh I remember crying and screaming and I remember the doctor not being overly carrying about my situation I felt like I was a number to him and he was already thinking of doing the next patient after my procedure , it is sad that it was done in Canada and here by Canadian law we are not able to SUE the doctor for malpractice !!! my surgery was done in a hospital by a very old doctor that probably should have been retired many year ago!!! he was not carrying about his patients at all!!! after the removal of Lipoma he had not even bother to give a pain prescription he actually told me to go home and take 2 Tylenols!!I was crying and my family took me to my family doctor I was still crying from pain and my family doctor was so wonderful he was in shock that I was not given any pain med after I left the OR he prescribe atasol 30 with codeine to help me manage the pain thanks god for my wonderful carrying Family doctor!! even now all the years after my lipoma removal I have nerve damage in my right hand and numbness in 3 of my fingers! and if we were not living in Canada I only wished that I was able to sue the doctor that had preform the surgery image it was done in hospital OR by a old doctor that probably was thinking that all woman should just shut up and say nothing and he( the doctor that operated on me ) did had a GOD complex ! I only hope that one day the tables will be chance and he will get a taste of his own medicine!
ps this is directly from Canadian law In accordance with Section 36(3) of the Regulated Health Professions Act, no report or decision of a proceeding is admissible in a civil proceeding , means that even if I would report the doctor that was so savage and just abusive to me and mistreated me in his OR due to his giant ego and God complex I will not have any legal action to be compensated due to our Canadian law ! imagine how many more people suffer in silence! I am glad I am able to tell my story here to warn some people !

I wouldn't daivse doing it at home. Larger skin tags can bleed quite a bit and you don't want to do anything improperly that might leave a scar.If it is a larger skin tag, the doctor will usually inject a bit of numbing solution. My doctor just snipped them off with scissors. He did the same with smaller, normal sized skin tags.I've removed many and had a couple removed. It only takes a few seconds to do one and yes, there can be a bit of a sting for a minute, but most people I've removed them from didn't feel any thing at all.worked in a dermatology clinic

Hello' I am a 48 year old male and have had several lipoma,s removed while in my 30's, They varied in size from a golf ball to a tennis ball and as large as 4 inch's by 6 inch's and about an inch thick. When the last one was removed believe it or not another one the same size was below it. All were removed in my general surgeons office with locals and they even set up mirriors so I could watch the whole procedure. The Lipoma's were on my back and shoulders, You know what though, my scars were never more then two or three inch's long. nothing like yours. I hope you have a fast painful recovery I sure did each time.
thanks marine 1981 , the scar is healing it got very flat but still looks quite large , many people ask me about geting something done to fix teh scar, i did it and it still looks large, i had 2 laser treatments and will have 1 more in a few month to minimize the scar apearance, it was in such painfull place rigth next to my rigth breast, sometimes i still can not wear a bra due to scar discomfort
Here is my update is been since the early summer that my lipoma was removed , I had suffered terrible pains during and after the surgery , one the good part of it the area after lipoma there is no lumps or bums it is sooth and even I had started to do laser treatments at the dermatologist office to reduces s the appearance of the large scar that was left after the lipoma removal , so far I had 2 laser procedure done the 1 St. laser treatment was offered to me free of charge after he dermatologist hear my story about my pain and terror of the surgery he offer to do the new laser treatment to reduce the sarc apreatne I paid a minimal fee for the second treatment it cost me only 150 $ for the second laser treatment I am very pleased with the new appearance of my scar it had srunked more then 50 or 60 % and I will post a photos of it later on I still must complete 1 more laser treatment
When will people realize that the only important thing they can tell others is the -name- of bad and good providers so others will be saved from a mistake.
apparently they are removed from the website. I suspect to avoid charges of slander. No one knows if someone wouldn't make it all up to harm someone. I don't KNOW this...it's simply my presumption.
i had 14 lipomas removed from my arms yesterday. i had general anesthesia and everything went well. i do have over 50 staples in my arms right now though and the scars may be unsightly, but i'm glad that the lipomas are now gone as they were painful and getting fairly large. the most painful part of the surgery was having the IV put in for the general anesthesia. they tried repeatedly to put it into my foot(without success) and finally put it into my hand (sucessfully). I'm glad that i had general anesthesia as i wouldn't have done well at all without it. best of luck!
My experience was much the same as yours unfortunately. I had mine removed a week ago and I am still in terrible pain, was this similar for you? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
I WAS IN BAD PAIN FOR 1 WEEK AFTER AS WEEL it took 3 weeks for me to start feeling like myself again and only now i am back to normal 100 % i had to take pain killers like codaine to relive the horrible pain i cryed every day for 1 week after the surgery but now i am feeling great no lumps or bums just a huge scar i am going to have my scar treat with a laser to reduce the scar appearance in september i will post my results so soory for your pain i really understand how you feel it will take at least 3 weeks for u to get back to normal try to rest and not to lift anything for 1 month
you have got to be kidding me! He should not be praticing! Sue!!!