Collagen Lip Injections Caused Nodules

I had a lip augmentation procedure in 2000 (...

I had a lip augmentation procedure in 2000 ( 9years ago), was told the material injected was "bovine collagen".

My lips look asymmetric and contain multiple nodules that are very visible from the superficial layers of the lips. I do not know if these are granulomas or what. I would like to fix this problem already since it is really affecting my self-esteem.

I would not recommend bovine collagen injections for lip augmentation. I was told it was a temporary augmentation but I have had side effects for the past 9 years. My lips are completely disproportionate and there are nodules (granuloma-like) at the surface of my lips.

I had the procedure done to have sexier, fuller lips and have regret it ever since......

What can I do to fix my lips and remove the nodules?
Image plus aesthetic skin center Miami Fl

I had it done in a spa by an aesthetician

Can anyone recommend what is the best and long lasting injections I should get for my fairly deep lines above my lip as well as frown lines around my mouth and the "H" line between my eyes??? I am 47 and just want to look a little less my age. I feel like I am younger and keep in shape but I wish I could work out my face like I do my body to keep in shape. But that's not realistic so if anyone has any info or comments PLEASE HELP!!!!
I called a couple of times, and they didn't wanted to give me any information. At the time, I was young and naive and didn't know what to do. Now, I moved to another state and have not tried to call the center knowing that they wont give me that information over the phone and bc its too many years into it. I really don't know what to do. Hopefully, I can get some help in this website.

I *think* (I'm not a doctor) you can get it biopsied to find out if it's collagen. Treatments will vary based on that.

Feel free to post any questions you have on the Doctor Q&A Forum too. They're really good about providing their opinions.

Hi my lips look almost exactly like yours same story, I was told it was temporary hyaluronic acid it's been 6 years now...I found Dr. Andrew Kornstein in Manhattan and am doing Ultherapy which is laser treatment so far one treatment, lips have gone down but need more smoothing and so I need to do one or two more treatments which he was honest and said it may need several treatments. There is Ultherapy offered all over, if you like I can keep you updated on my results with it...it is way less invasive then a surgery and I think will get me more back to my natural lip than a surgery since with surgery you have alot of your own lip taken out with the foreign substance...which in our case is more than likely silicone.

Hi alicat, i have an appointment to do ultherapy for my upper lip in 2 weeks. I have some symettry and a lump i can feel. And my lip are not smooth looking at all. Can u plz update me on ur resluts so far? It is my first time and would really appreciate to see how it worked for you
Hi I have same problem for 8years, I was ready for surgery. But search and found about Kornstein, I would like to do Ultherapy, how much cost one treatment? Is worth it? What your final results ? Thank u!!
Hello Could you update me on your results from the ultherapy? Am considering ising the same doctor Thank you
Hello, did u do ultherapy? And if u did can u share your results?

From this thread, it sounds like you weren't injected with collagen. :( Have you followed up with the med-spa since your problems began?

Hi, I had a similar experience, still have the lupms and sore cold lips. Is there any doctor that could help?