Lifestyle Lift for Jowls, Turkey Neck - Unsure if It Was Worth It

I had my surgery done on 7/7/09 . My sister and I...

I had my surgery done on 7/7/09 . My sister and I went in together for the consultation and I went ahead and scheduled my procedure (she is waiting). I am 51 and felt my jowls and turkey neck made me look older.

The staff was very friendly and answered my questions as well as my husbands. We both felt comfortable with me having the surgery. The day of the surgery I was very nervous but the staff was very patient and caring. I freaked out when the dr started doing the injections around my ears and on my face. She had to stop at one point and let me calm down as I was shaking and crying. Not once did she act impatient or in hurry to get me out. She spoke softly and kept trying to reassure me.

I am 4 days out and still have extensive swelling and bruising (I did everything according to directions). My face looks like a caricature of what it used to look like. I haven't left my house since coming home and dreading having to go to work on Monday. I get my stitches out on 7/17 so I'm trying to be patient. I'm putting a no for the "Was it worth it" due to I'm still waiting to see.

Did anyone have a good outcome after brusing and swelling alot? I am getting depressed and worry about looking like a freak forever because of my vanity.

Thank you anyway, Txsanj! I have faith in God and Dr. S., (Dallas), from whom I've read/seen 99.9% rave reviews! Your, and their, words bring encouragement and strength. When you're able, I'd love to see your befores/afters. Most appreciatively.
I don't know how to post more pics to show the final result.
Dear Txsanj, thank you for your prompt reply! Your review allowed me to further see the reality of this procedure and to have greater hope that my experience will be as positive as yours has been. I appreciate your candid report in its entirety.
Dr. Elliot

My doctor was very patient and caring. She is a member of the American Board of Plastic Surgeons so I felt comfortable that she knew what she was doing.