Lifestyle Lift for Jowls, Turkey Neck - Unsure if It Was Worth It

I had my surgery done on 7/7/09 . My sister and I...

I had my surgery done on 7/7/09 . My sister and I went in together for the consultation and I went ahead and scheduled my procedure (she is waiting). I am 51 and felt my jowls and turkey neck made me look older.

The staff was very friendly and answered my questions as well as my husbands. We both felt comfortable with me having the surgery. The day of the surgery I was very nervous but the staff was very patient and caring. I freaked out when the dr started doing the injections around my ears and on my face. She had to stop at one point and let me calm down as I was shaking and crying. Not once did she act impatient or in hurry to get me out. She spoke softly and kept trying to reassure me.

I am 4 days out and still have extensive swelling and bruising (I did everything according to directions). My face looks like a caricature of what it used to look like. I haven't left my house since coming home and dreading having to go to work on Monday. I get my stitches out on 7/17 so I'm trying to be patient. I'm putting a no for the "Was it worth it" due to I'm still waiting to see.

Did anyone have a good outcome after brusing and swelling alot? I am getting depressed and worry about looking like a freak forever because of my vanity.
Dr. Elliot

My doctor was very patient and caring. She is a member of the American Board of Plastic Surgeons so I felt comfortable that she knew what she was doing.

Thank you anyway, Txsanj! I have faith in God and Dr. S., (Dallas), from whom I've read/seen 99.9% rave reviews! Your, and their, words bring encouragement and strength. When you're able, I'd love to see your befores/afters. Most appreciatively.
I don't know how to post more pics to show the final result.
Dear Txsanj, thank you for your prompt reply! Your review allowed me to further see the reality of this procedure and to have greater hope that my experience will be as positive as yours has been. I appreciate your candid report in its entirety.
Yes I am still pleased. I still have a little numbness behind my ears but not bad. I have no regrets over the surgery.

hover2love~ How did your surgery go? Mine is scheduled for Oct and I'm so nerves and scared with all the negative comments I read. If you could possible email me some pictures and any comments about your procedure. My email address is kat****@aol.com

I am almost 7 weeks post op and have received so many compliments since my surgery! I've been told my face now looks 10-15 years younger than I really am. It was worth the pain as far as I'm concerned!
Are you still satisfied with the results after almost two years? I'm scheduled in less than two weeks and am getting jittery, though I've checked every review of those who had their procedures performed by the doctor who will help me -- and all are VERY HAPPY! Their satisfaction is a great anxiety reliever.
Can we be SURE you are not a PLANT for the Lifestyle Lift company? Tell us.
In any surgery it takes 6 weeks for the superficial swelling and bruising to sub-side, 1 full year before you see the total results, if you are happy 7 weeks out you are really going to be in the clouds a year out! Good luck, I am so happy for you!
I had mine yesterday. A dull pain, relieved almost entirely by pain meds, swelling, but not bad and no bruising. I slept in my reclining love seat. Because it is your 25th anniversay cruise, it may have been wise to reschedule. If it was a regular relaxing cruise where no one knew you I would have said go for it. You will probably still have swelling.
how is everyone doing? I decided to postpone because of the cruise - its our 25th anniversary cruise and I was afraid that 2 weeks may not be enough time. I was also very afraid of the pain... for those of you that already had the procedure, how painful was it?
The is the morning of my 4th day. Still very stiff & swollen starting in the middle of both cheeks back to behind my ears. Absolutley no bruising! No pain meds as of last night. Just discomfort, so taking tylenol. Sleeping in my recliner. Lots of ice and 24/7 bandage. Still too early to tell the results. Have not been out of the house, which is by far the roughest part! I really don't feel like doing anything but watch tv, so I would not want to be packing for a cruise! But I will be getting on that plane for Colorado on the 27th. So far, I would recommend it for someone who had a serious turkey neck and jowels like me.
My LSL is scheduled for tomorrow. I pray that I have the same results. Very nervous. I am going in with as much information as I have been able to obtain, both good and bad, and have decided to go ahead with it.
I am hopeful after reading your story and I hope that I do as well as you have. I have to admit, I am scared to death!! I am scheduled for surgery on Aug 14 and leaving on a cruise Aug 30... I don't know if I am giving myself enough time, any thoughts or advice??
Today is August 5th...how do you look and feel now?
this is day 5 I am still bruised as can be expected. I am not yet alarmed but any blind person can see that I have had plastic surgery. I pray that I can show my face within the next 8 or 9 days as I am a very social person and would not want to be a permanent shut in (smile). I'm looking forward to positive results or somebody will have he'll to pay (smile)
Be patient,I bruised like crazy! I had my surgery done on a Tuesday and went back to work the following Monday. I still had some bruising but Dermablend is a wonder!!! I go tomorrow for my before/after pics and I've gotten so many compliments! Hang in there!
No dr or office is posting for me, I'm doing it myself and 3 weeks out, I still love it and so does my husband!
After a lot of research, it seems that no one is very impressed for up to a week after surgery. I am so glad that after 2 weeks you and your husband are happy! I have my LSL scheduled for tomorrow.
Mine is scheduled for tomorrow. I pray I have the same results as you. I also have a supportive husband, so have enjoyed reading your comments.
Hello hover2love Wondering if you are happy with your results. I am going end of this week. Done a LOT of research. I don't really understand the comment from "Mary Valley"of July 17 2009 who recommended AGAINST LSL in favor of going to a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON. All the doctors at the LSL facility here in the Bay Area are not only Board Certified, but have very reputable practices of their own as well. Please post how it went for you and I will do the same. Best. JE
I heard just recently about a group of 40 physicians being sued for posting fake blogs on positave results for the Life style lift and I did a little searching and found this: http://www.syracuse.com/business/index.ssf?/base/business-15/124764944076160.xml&coll=1

Hi Mary Valley,

We've blogged about this on RealSelf too. Here's the link: Lifestyle Lift Slammed for Deceptive and Illegal Posting by NY AG -- And How RealSelf Protects Our Community

How about some untouched pictures from those who are dissatisfied on before and after comments. A picture can say a 1000 words. Not defending it - but would like to see what is being described. Thanks
there was a derogatory item in the NY Times about the Life Style Lift.