LiftGoneWrong

I had this procedure for my sagging jowls.. I...

I had this procedure for my sagging jowls..

I don't recommend it for anyone unless you're prepared for lots of pain. They make it sound so simple when in fact it's a major surgery. They don't tell you your ears will be severed almost all the way around. They use stitches that DO NOt dissolve so you end up with bumps all under your skin. They don't tell you you'll have nerve damage around your ears and they treat you terrible if you have to go back and have something addressed that went wrong. After 3 procedures they won't even acknowledge my presence.

When you watch the videos prior to the procedure your left with the impression it's only a hour away and you can return to work very quickly. They DON'T tell you everything they will do because if they did, Absolutely noone would sit in that chair awaiting the shots they give you so you don't feel what they do, a bandage goes around your face and when it's removed it's then and only then do you realize this is a major surgery you didnt expect. This is not worth waisting money..

Life Style Lift gone wrong. There will be no compensation or help getting the damage repaired ONLY if you choose to pay anothe surgeon. Go to a reputable plastic surgeon! May cost you a little more BUT they know what they're doing. These doctors are solicited thru the board of medicine and most are ENT's praticing this procedure a few days a week to make some extra dollars with no worries about law suits. They will lie in a heartbeat to save the company from a lawsuit. Believe me. I KNOW....

I should add my first procedure was done in...

I should add my first procedure was done in February 2008 Again in May 2008 and last in January 2009. There is a lot of nerve damage to my ears and the bumps under my skin will not go away on there own. I will need t have them removed at some point. I'm doing everything possible to get LSL to pay for the damage.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Did'nt follow thru with his promises to remove a scar he left on the side of my face. Untruthful about why the scar happened.. Problems in the office with getting in to see the Doctor.

Isn't the office way more expenive? My mom and I got a better deal two people get more off. Get him early at office second or third person he does.I truely love my surgery resuse. It's been eight months and finally my face feels good to the touch for a long time it's feels different like tingle or lack of feelings. Not sure. Good luck.
I am considering a LSL in Tampa. I want to request Dr. Swerdloff, I see he also has his own pratice. Is it best to go to LSL or his pratice? Does anyone know if he is cheaper at LSL, and how good is he? His credentials look impeccable. These negative stories are scaring me.
If anyone has used him please let me know.

Thanks
I wasn't the first one he worked on that morning and I liked that also. Wide awake and one under his belt. I'm very pleased and very happy with the new look. The lazer treatment took away a lot of ago spots and sun damage over the years now I sun screen daily.
I agree with niknaknut. I too, was planning to at least go into the Maitland office to discuss, but I know there are no "short cuts" to cosmetic surgery. The person I spoke to on the phone yesterday during the " TV-mercial" was well-coached in that all of the Maitland surgeons are "BOARD CERTIFIED" They almost had me convinced, but I will stick with someone reputable over in Brevard Cty where I live and like a good meal, "you get what you pay for"!
It's easy enough to verify whether the plastic surgeons at a particular medical office are board certified. As to "you get what you pay for", answer me this question: Why is a box of Cheerios $5.99 at an independent grocery store, yet only $3.48 at Walmart? Are Walmart's Cheerios inferior?
I haven't heard the "Box of Cheerios and Facelift" analogy before; I can assure there is a vast difference between subjective techniques and procedures which naturally vary from Surgeon to Surgeon and a standardized, manufactured, processed oat cereal. Moreover, the American Public really does believe that there is a variation between more and less talented Surgeons. So the reality is that the "get what you pay for" is tremendously applicable in Facelift Surgery because there is a natural variation in quality and result between Surgeons.
The argument here is not that we are distinguishing between "more and less talented surgeons", unless you are taking the unproven position that private plastic surgeons are all talented, and the LSL plastic surgeons are not so talented. Even if there were a grain of truth to it, many can't afford a $10K+ conventional facelift but they can afford a $5K LSL facelift. So if the LSL facelift only achieved, say, 80% of what a conventional lift would have done for me, I'm still quite satisfied.
If you are satisfied, that is the best possible outcome and I am happy for you. However, regarding your discussion of unproven theories, let's add the claim, "revolutionary new procedure" to the list.
Dr Prendiville I'm sure you are a good surgeon, as your profile states your experience, education, etc. My experience with LSL was as good as JohnRich's, if not better. I did my homework with regard to the surgeon who has impeccable credentials and a thriving private practice. Every surgeon who works with LSL has hes/her own reasons for doing so. I'm sure you have been to their site and seen their recruitment efforts there. I asked my doctor why he worked with LSL, if his practice was so successful since it seemed like supporting the competition. I won't share his answer with you here, but it was very candid and made a lot of sense. Trust me, this man isn't hurting and has a great reputation in his field. I felt very comfortable in his care. I'm just puzzled as to why you seem so bent on discrediting LSL. They can't possibly be taking that much business away from you. I'm sure you have had patients come in with unrealistic expectations of surgery, as well as unrealistic expectations of the healing process. If you haven't then I would worry about YOUR credibility and your agenda.
The fact that you are happy is wonderful. The experiences I have shared are based on patient's experiences I have seen with my own eyes, experiences I have heard about from colleagues, from former LSL Surgeons, and from experiences on this website. I have seen unhappy patients who very much regretted their decision and whose experience was very different from yours. Although Lifestyle Lift has changed some of their marketing over the last few years to make more reasonable claims, some of the materials were, in the past overblown. It is not my intention to discredit Lifestyle Lift, I think the company has developed its own individual reputation. LSL had a large number of negative experiences before I had ever heard about them and before I joined this website. LSL were slapped with a substantial astroturfing fine in NY based on their placement of false positive reviews on websites such as this. LSL has made it a mission in silencing critics, including me, by filing lawsuits at every turn. The fact that Realself was sued based on trademark infringement is no secert. However, I do believe in patient advocacy in circumstances where patients require more information; that is what this website is based on. I think that it is important for prospective patients to understand what is involved in a surgical procedure, and what could be in store for them. As to my integrity and reputation, I think it speaks for itself. I would welcome you to come into my office and have a chat with me.
LSL makes a big target because they are nationwide and do a lot of facelifts. I agree that their marketing is too aggressive. I'm tired of seeing their ads everywhere on the web. That said, I don't think there is anything basically wrong with the cosmetic procedure they are selling. Yet only 41% of the people posting here think the LSL procedure is worth it. I wonder what the equivalent percentage is for facelifts done by non-LSL practitioners? Hard to say because there is no nationwide umbrella organization for those that people can point the finger at. Are people's expectations for this procedure too high? We all know of a few prominent (and well-heeled) Hollywood stars whose plastic surgery didn't turn out all that well. I'm sure they didn't have it done at LSL.
Stigmatic Hollywood Plastic Surgery is something that an entire book chapter could be written on. There is probably a component of body dysmorphia amongst the most obvious public examples. However, that has little to do with what is being discussed. Lifestyle Lift is not a procedure, it is a company that recruits patients for a Facelift type procedure. The "big target" concept is nonsense. The only entities responsible for the happiness of every patient walking out of a LSL facility are the company and the involved Surgeons. Some of these patients are happy and some are not. As you can generally tell, the ones who are unhappy are really unhappy. Happy patients tell 5 people about a positive experience, but unhappy patients tell 25 to 30 people. So, at 85% satisfaction, a Surgeon is getting about equal numbers of positive and negative reviews. Unhappy patients make bad word of mouth advertisements and accounts more for what is transpiring with LSL. My advice: make the patients happy! Based on the reviews of all procedures posted on this website, the rate of positive to negative reviews is fairly accurate (in my anectdotal experience).
Dr. Jason Swerdloff. Yes, your face fells numb to touch, the lazar was the worse. Everyone heals differently if you smoke or drink that also affects how long you heal beside bruise. My mom is healing longer she's 79 yrs. old I'm sixty one and if lots better condition. Really research the doctor good luck
Who did your surgery there. I was thinking of getting this done there and now scared to. He told me the scars would be unoticable in 2 months and it's easy surgery.I went for the consult today...yikes
Sorry that it happened. Some doctors aren't as good as others. You need to reseach everything mine is wonderful. I don't drink or smoke and did everything I was told and read about.
You need to do the research ahead of time and find out if the surgeon is board certified in plastic facial surgery. Also, don't just be satisfied to go with the positive sales spiel that the consultant will give you. Do the research online that will show you things like exactly where the skin will be cut. Anytime skin is cut there will be pain. That's what vicodin is for.
Were/are you a smoker?? You can heal poorly if you are.........
I was planning to have this surgery in Maitland, FL in a few weeks, but have changed my mind after reading all the horror stores. I will contact a plastic surgeon who is certified
It all depends on the Doctor. If you choose an artist results will be fantastic. The area which is a problem for most people who are showing age is around the jowl line, neck and cheek/chin. A Doctor who is certified in Otolaryngology is great.In Vegas there is a good Doctor. With plastic surgery the traditional kind has really left a lot of stars looking like zombies. Did this stop people from having plastic surgery? No, of course not. Go in with reasonalbe expectations. You are not going to look 20 when you are 50,60 or 70...You will just look better.

My husband and I were both considering LSL, but after reading all the negative results, have decided against it. Thanks for your courage to go on-line, post pics, and tell your story. God be with you.

I just made an appointment with LSL - I told my husband that was what I wanted for Christmas. After reading all of the horror that you ladies have gone through, I am cancelling my appointment. Sandi
If you'll notice I never said the surgery didnt work. They simply don't tell you the full truth because if they did, nobody would sit in the chair. Yes it's painful but tolerable especially if you only have it done one time and all goes well. My issue came up about 3 months later when a stitch came undone causing my face to fall on the right side. My story tells all after that point. Suppose I should post a before and after picture without all the scars, bumps and bluish colors showing on the sides of my face. I'm not trying to scare people into not having this done. Simply do the research on your Doctor and make sure you know what to expect when you go in, they do not tell you everything up front the way they should. The Doctor I had tried too hard to make it right and ended up making it a nightmare for me. LSL read my reveiew and contacted me about this situation. I'm still waiting to hear from them on how they intend to make it right.
I cannot believe you are still trusting your face to LSL. You said the dr. tried TO HARD TO FIX it and left you worse off. Why not wait, I don't know if money is your problem, and go to a certified board dr.? IT'S YOUR FACE. What if the next dr. TRIES TO HARD? and you end up in a worse nightmare? I just don't understand. At what point do you learn? Obviously you don't think they are that bad, my God, if I get a bad haircut, I don't go back to that hairdresser to fix it, nevermind my face.
You're right, it is MY face! I chose to go beyond what most people would do, I got LSL's attention... They ARE making it right. Just because I fell into a unfortunate situation does not mean it should cost me even more money now does it? If I din'nt care about my face I would'nt have had the procedure done at all....As I said and I'll say it again "The procedure worked for me".. The Doctor made mistakes and the office made mistakes. They are making it right. I'll post pictures once this is behind me..
Hard to believe a stitch could come undone 3 months after surgery. Stitches are typically removed on day 10, but it will take time for the skin to fully heal. Do you have diabetes or another condition that prevents rapid healing? I was warned not to sleep on my ears, only on my back, for several months. This has been hard for me since I'm used to sleeping on my side or stomach. The skin in front of my ears has very little touch sensation, but I'm told the nerves will begin to regenerate after a number of months. I'm on day 24 after surgery. I do like my younger facial appearance.