Latisse Gives You FULLER and LONGER Lashes! - Boston, MA

PROFILE: 24 year old Asian female with short short...

PROFILE: 24 year old Asian female with short short eyelashes. I've tried it all - from fake eyelashes, to those Korean eyelash extensions, to eyelash perms (which worked the best for its price) - but nothing ever really worked. The eyelash perms were really good because it kept my lashes curled for 4 weeks. But perming them didn't make the lashes any longer; they were still short and scarce.

LATISSE PROS:

1. Easy to use - Applied once a night right before bed

2. Really does work - I definitely have noticeable longer and fuller lashes, after just one month of use

LATISSE CONS:

1. Expensive $$$ - $120 and not covered under insurance because its cosmetic* (I have gone back to my PCP doctor for my 2nd month supply, but I asked for a generic brand that's insurance covered, called Lumigan - which is suppose to have the same effect. Check back later for updates on that)

2. Small supply - the box it comes in is quite big. But after you take out all the brushes (which all aren't necessary), the Latisse bottle itself is super small

I haven't noticed any of the side effects that were spoken of: eye color change or darkening of the eyes. The only thing I might have faced is some morning red eye (which I fix with some Visine). But I'm not sure if its from my daily contact/make-up usage or what. I think I'll continue to use this product because I'm happy with the results. Let's see how the Lumigan product goes!

I'm still using Latisse today - not daily like...

I'm still using Latisse today - not daily like before, probably about 1-2 times a week. My lashes are still longer and fuller than when I first started. The bottles were going to quick and I almost felt like my lashes were at its max at one point so I decreased the usage to every other day and slowly used it less. The pro to this is that I save on bottle cost. The con is that I don't think Latisse has a good shelf life because it isn't as effective after 60 days. I had one bottle that I saved for 3 months and it made my eyelids very itchy and red. I contacted a Latisse doctor and she recommended I get a new bottle (which they covered) and I've been trying to use it up within 2 months instead.

I have not gone back to the generic Lumigan brand because I didn't think it was as effective as Latisse.

If you join their Insider Club, there is a $20 discount for your next prescription.

Called my PCP doctor and requested she call my local (CVS) pharmacist to place the Latisse prescription.

You actually paid $120 for one bottle. That's too expensive, you can get the generic brand Careprost for only $30/bottle included shipping at eyelash123.com. I've been using Latisse but it was tpo expensive and I found Careprost and it works just the same
Hi Lilopinko. I just wanted to say that you have great 4 week results! I'm at 4 weeks right now. I was wondering if you can post more pictures of your lashes currently. I'm asian too, and I'm curious to see the results for asian women so that I know what to expect for myself in the near future.
Hi! My lashes have definitely gotten a lot longer since my initial post! I’ve had people come up to me and ask if I was wearing fake lashes. I’ll take another picture and post it soon. I’ll also update on my use of the Lumigan version of Latisse (which is so much more cost efficient).
Thanks for the new photo! They definitely look a lot denser & fuller!!! I'm at six weeks now and my results so far have been great. I have been taking photos every week of my lashes and am planning to post a review once I get to 16 weeks! I can't wait to share my results as well.