Latisse for Completely BALD Eyelids!!!

I just started Latisse 4 days ago and I have ZERO...

I just started Latisse 4 days ago and I have ZERO eyelashes.. My lids are completely 100% bald!!! Im not sure why but it might have to do with Lupus.... Anyway, Ive noticed many of you with pictures already had such full pretty lashes (im so jealous) But my question is if any of you started out with bald eyelids like me? & If so did you get a good result?

Very helpful & thorough in explanation...

one of the PRECAUTIONS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS given to me by Victoria Park is that you should not use LATISSE if "You have no visible eyelashes. Your physician will consider any underlying conditions to determine whether this product is appropriate for you". Hope that helps save you wasted money!

I used Latisse for 5 months. I had bald spots on both upper lids. The lashes that were still there got darker and longer however the bald spots never filled in. This was not the look I was hoping for. I hope you are finding more success.
Oh YES ...keep us posted Msmjj ! Also ohjeez ...I TOO had completely bare spots in my lash line which is totally gone now after about 8 weeks using Latisse. Also I AM using on my brows which were very sparse as well ...I see a ton of new hairs there , but they are not all dark ...will take care of those baby's next time I color my hair ..giggle. I feel so blessed to have found this product ! Merry Christmas !!!
Msmjj, Please keep updating about your progress with your eyelashes. I have completely bare spots on my eyelids from chalazions. Dust gets in my eyes on a constant basis because of it. I would love to know how well it worked for you.
Hi Kat :) Thanks so much for your kind words & the prayers :) Youre so lucky your insurance paid for your bleph... Please give me your surgeon's name- You look absolutely gorgeous!! As for my lupus, Last time I was tested it was very mild, however I do suspect that iot is what causes my lack of lashes, brows & body hair :(... But even after only a week of using Latisse I could swear I feel little baby hair growing out of my lids :)..... But I will for sure keep you posted on my progress :) Blessings to you! Sara :)
Hi Sara , My doctor is here in NJ and his name is Dr Bruce Berg ...he has an office in Brick and one in Asbury Park (where he does the surgery) . If you fail the testing for visual field it will be covered ...but even if not , he only charges something like $1800.00 ! I think that is not bad at all , much less than a plastic surgeon , he is an ocular surgeon...my total out of cost was $190. My lupus is mild too ..can I ask you if you have been tested for Lyme disease ? I have that as well and my lyme doc thinks that most of my symptoms are from the lyme and not lupus. However one thing that I have that scares me badly is neuropathy in my lower extremities ..actually from my waist down there is a lot of nerve damage , and it is painful. I , like you have also had a decrease in hair growth , but I think that comes with menopause too ? Kind of nice not shaving my legs everyday , but it is all very frightening isn't it ? I am sure you will grow lashes from latisse ! I would also recommend using it on your brows ...After I apply to my lids , I take what is left and just go over my brow line ...even where there used to BE hair and I see baby hair growing there too ! Please keep me posted ! Warmest regards , Kat :)
Well!! It's only been 3 weeks since I've started using Latisse and I'm happy to report that it's already working!!!! & I'm the one who had completely BALD eyelids!!! I now have little black lashes sprouting & some are growing longer than others, but I am absolutely thrilled & amazed at how fast this is working!!! :) My daughter got me a 5x magnification mirror to chart my growth, because I couldnt see the growth happening before... I highly recommend magnification mirrors for everyone who uses latisse,.. Its great for encouragement since you can actually *see* it's working! So far, my lahes are too tiny to really see with the naked eye, but they are *coming* & now I have something for my false lashes to cling to when I go out.... (I used to have to glue false lashes to the lid & sometimes they would fall off:( ) I will keep you all updated on my progress!!! I am SOOO looking foward to not needing these pain in the butt false lashes anymore! lol
Hi Sara ! I am wondering how your lashes and brows are doing ? Also how are you feeling w/ your lupus ? I feel that we have a lot in common with that diagnosis , and something has to be similar to cause us to lose our lashes ! Did I ask you if you had ever been tested for Lyme ? I have tested positive for lyme and a lot of crazy things similar to lupus , ms , etc etc can happen to you ...if you haven't bee tested maybe you should be. I live at the beach so was very shocked to find out I had it ...never saw a tick or a bullseye but my doc reminded me that they can get into your hair and are only the size of a grain of pepper so it could be the same for you. I do know that after a lengthy antibiotic treatment most of my symptoms disappeared ~ !! I am now just 'maintaining' my lashes every few days , they are so long they are getting in the way of my glasses ...LOL ... Please let me know how you are and feel free to drop me an emal ...KatL1957 at aol. Kat
I used it for three months I had zero eyelashes as well it worked awesomely, but when I stopped using it I lost them all again :/
Hi ...oh I hope it works for you !! I will pray really hard that it does ...it just seems so unfair that you have to be sick and lose your lashes. It may be the lupus that has caused your lashes to fall out ...I have lupus too ...I had several bald patches in my lash line but I never attributed it to the disease. I thought it was because I had a tremendous amount of eye droop ? Really so bad that my insurance paid for me to have the upper lid bleph by my eye surgeon as it was affecting my vision. Anyway ....I began using latisse about 3 weeks post op....they have filled in completely . I am also using it on my brows because they are so sparse too. I am just starting to see a little bit of growth there ...it is blond so far but we'll see ? Please keep me posted , I would love to hear good results and don't give up ! Kat :)