White Scars from Laser Burn - Fort Lauderdale, FL

Laser hair removal. My first few treatments were...

Laser hair removal. My first few treatments were amazing. Loved the results, left me smooth and almost hairless. My last treatment however was very painful and burnt my leg leaving me with white circular scars all over looking like fish scales.

I had laser hair removal and it left white circular scars (the shape of the laser head) all over my leg. Looks like fish scales. The laser burnt my leg and left blisters and scabs that soon went away. I am hispanic, with medium brown skin. I have gotten these white scars before but they were very vague and went away within a week. These are just not going away.

What are my best options for creams or treatments? And approximately how long do these white scars take to heal? Appreciate it.

My legs are "scarred" and got burnt

ut where to buy the Desonida? Did it work? I still have very noticeable scards from IPL laser all over my chest - YEARS later! Any advice you can give is very much appreciated!
hi i did and at home laser removal treatment labor day weekend and i was very tanned,,,,i had circular marks all over my legs that were burnt then scabbed now are pinkish, i went to the doc and he gave me a steriod for the scabs to heal.it is now 2 months and my legs are still tan and my spots are slowly fading. it is very depressing, the only good thing is that i live in the north and dont have sun exposure on my legs for another 6 months. will these spots fade ??? i am using plamers coconut oil and it seems to be doing the trick, has anyone had permanent damage with burns. can i go back into the sun this summer? need help...my doc said they will fade i am hoping he is right. my skin has an olive complection. i will take any advice for anyone that has had this experience,,,thanks.....
I got my burns last year in June & it took a whole year before the marks were completely gone on my legs! I was very careful not to get sun & when I did I used 70-100SPF. I recently started again with the laser on my legs but it is a different laser than the one I got the burns from. The laser now is for darker skin even though I am white I have tan skin pigment so this laser is safer & I feel more comfortable. I have heard some people say the burns healed quicker than a year but it really is very individual & just a waiting game...Good luck to you!!!
Hi, I got my burns in June & they are still not 100% healed...I have been very careful not to get sun so that my skin will heal & the white marks will blend with my skin color. I have tanned skin & even after all this time my legs are still slightly tan. I think if I did a spray tan or used a tanning cream it will blend a little more...It really is stressful but all you can do is wait and see & try not to get a lot of sun or none at all!!!
How are you doing now? I was burned (no blistering, just brown marks) about 2 weeks ago. Some of the burn marks have faded leaving white skin underneath. Since you've made it through the summer, I was wondering about you now. Looking for some good news for you and hopeful news for me! Have a great day!
Hi, I recently also had burns from laser hair removal which are now white...It has only been 4 weeks and I notices the marks are turning pinkish. I have tanned skin so I probably shoul have never had the treatment in the first place. I was wondering if this cream Desonida .1% is the same as Desodine that is a corticosteriod that is available in the US? Where did you guys purchase the Desonida???
hello i wanted to know if ur scars went away dis just happened to me a month ago im stressing so bad i just want to cry
Hi, I wanted to see if you were able to purchase the desonida & if so does it work? Where did you purchase from? Is it the same as desonide cream? Thanks so much!!
do you know where I can get the cream I would really appreciate it.
I am currently using a cream called Desonida .1% It is really really working miracles with my white scars, as they are noticeably blending in. I don't think you can get the cream in the U.S. (its available most other places...not expensive at all) I was referred to it by a well known dermatologist in colombia and its the only thing that seems to work for white pigmenting. you apply the cream ONLY to the white areas and a thin payer 2 to 3 times a day.
i got laser on my legs as now I have these brown red marks all up and down my legs I am so worried they are going to scar white. I feel so depressed I have put hydrocortizone. How long was it that they turned white?
Dear bridgette I hope this finds you well , I also wanted to ask you whether or not the brown red marks have healed up judging by your post made in july I am hoping that they have !?The reason why i ask is i myself had laser done the first session i had no reaction left with lovely smooth silky skin as for the second well thats simply another story , i had my arms and sides of face as well as upper lip done and have these horrid circular brown red spot like imperfection and its only been a day since my treatment so i am not expecting miracles but rather wishing that these will go away in time!? Also if there is any advice to what it is you may have used that sped up the healing process you could possibly recommend ? Thanking you in advance Muna
Thank you. You're very helpful. I know this is awful, having the circles all over the legs looking like fish scales... I live in Florida and avoiding the sun requires wearing long pants in over 90 degree humid weather. About three weeks after my procedure i went on a trip where i was fully exposed to the sun. The physician who did the treatment told me the sun would make the white circles go away and insisted i receive sun. BAD IDEA. The spots DID NOT go away, and what I have heard is that this sun exposure could have actually caused permanent damage. I heard of a "miracle" cream (from a very highly recommended dermatologist) called Desonida. Heard that helps for hypopigmentation... any ideas or suggestions?
How is your skin doing now? Did you use the Desonida?
i would suggest absolutely no sunlight for many months until the skin has healed and then slow introduction to moderate sunlight with high SPF for short periods of time. i waited 9 mos before any sun exposure and i am not 100% back to normal. i had exactly what you describe all over my arms and my legs... it was awful.
You did too! I currently have white scars from laser hair removal all over both of my forearms. I am Hispanic with medium tan skin and feel like I'm in a nightmare!
How are your arms doing? I have the same thing only my mark are rectangular and zipper-like over my forearms. Is there anything you've tried that has seemed to work?... Did skin discoloration happen couple wks after your surgery?
after the laser procedure my legs actually had some blisters and scabbing from the burns. Looked life fish scales.. then after overdosing on neosporin, the scabs went away (after about a month!)...which then left me with the white circles where my pigment was literally "burned away". You should really try to get desonida .1% There's no info about it online for some reason, and its not sold in the US as a cream, probably bc they are trying to sell the more expensive supposed "miracle" creams for hypopigmentation that don't really work. Who knows, but all I know is that just using this cream a month, my scars have blended in way more... if you'ld like i can send you pics