LOOK at my Lifestyle Lift NIGHTMARE! Unhappy with Scars and Results

I went with a friend for the consult. The mrg...

I went with a friend for the consult. The mrg walked in the room and introduced herself as a Lifestyle Lift Professional Medical Consultant. She told me that she needed us to watch a film about LSL. Which we did, and were impressed at the credentials they claimed.

The mgr came in the room after the film and ask me to stand before a mirror. She proceeded to stand behind me and take my face and pull it back while we both looked in the mirror. She stated that this is what you will look like after procedure. She also stated that depending on what I have done they can take, 10 and up to 20 years off patients faces with this minimal invasive procedure. The mgr reminded me that they have a 95% success rate, and that this is done under local anesthesia, so I would not be put under. This was a plus to me as from having a medical background I am aware of the danger of general anesthesia.

I ask about pain, and was told most people don't even have pain and sleep during procedure. I ask about scars and she told me they would be hidden and minimal. I was told that if I signed up today I would save $1200. I paid almost half down that day and paid rest in full at day of procedure in cash. I was also that day taken into a plush waiting room offered cookies, juice, coffee, etc. This will make a point later on to readers.

The day of the procedure I was taken to the back room and given a 10mg valium. Later as they were waiting for the valium to take effect a woman came in the room and ask me to sign a consent form. I have no idea what I signed. Then the Dr. came in the room. I had not met this Dr. before the day of surgery. The mgr came in the room and said I am going to hold your hand. I was told this was like being at the dentist. I was also told that it will be quick like 45 minutes to an hour. I was also told Dr. C is quick so it may not take that long.

Then Dr. began to inject my face starting with chin with extremely painful injections -- there were so many I lost count. The shots were horrible. I was told at this point that this was the worst part. I began to shake and the valium was not effective at all.

Dr. C then cut under my chin. I thought "Hey nobody told me about this!" Then he stuck a metal rod in my chin, I wanted to scream as this rod ran against my jaw bone and down the front of my neck. I yelled I feel this! Dr. C said you are doing well and that he has had to stop surgeries before because some people pass out. He then injected my face with more needles. I felt a warm wetness between my breast and realized later that it was my blood that was going down my blouse, even with the drape they had on me. My thought at this point was my God! What are they doing! This is not going to be a one hour lunch time procedure and not minor at all!

The Dr. told me to be still as he turned my head and begin to cut into my face. Blood filled my ears I couldn't hear on that side, they kept using something to clean my ears, but as soon as they did the blood would fill my ear up again. The smell was horrifying! It was the smell of my flesh and hair burning. I still get sick to my stomach when I think about it. I wanted to run! scream! something! The Dr. gave me no comfort, he began to state how in his private office he gives what is called a twilight sleep.

At the end of the procedure I was weak and shaking uncontrollably, the MA or whatever she was kept asking me if I was ok. No! I was not ok, I was sick, I was terrified, I felt like I was going to faint. The girl gave a juice drink after my face was wrapped, and a RX of Vicoden ES 1-2 tablets every 4-6 hours, and a RX for ambien to help me sleep. Then I was quickly wisked out the back door.

Later that evening the medication wore off and I was in horrible pain. I have had 3 major back surgeries two C-sections and a shoulder surgery in my past and this was incredible. My face bleed through the bandages and covered my pillow with blood. I sat up in the bed and rocked back and forth thinking my God I should be in the hospital or something! "This can't be right."

Needless to say I called the office with no return calls the next day. It was if I had dropped off the planet earth once they got my money. Before I had the surgery they called constantly, now I couldn't even get a call back. I insisted to talk to someone. When I did I was told this is normal.

I went back to have my stitches removed and was told everything was fine, even though I had these knots all over my jowl and neck area with swelling, and oozing stiches. (I was never told about any knots or oozing before I decided to have this procedure.) Nor did I see a Dr. that day. I ask the tech are you sure these stitches can come out, she said yes they have to or you will scar. She then told me to message my neck and the lumps would go away and to start using a scar cream. She gave me a mirror and my husband was with me when the sutures were removed and she said how do you like it. I didn't have time to answer when my husband interrupted and said she was beautiful before and what have you done to my wife!

My husband was in such disbelief day one of surgery when I came home he took a picture. The next day when bandages came off he gasp and said "My God what have they done to my wife!" He was mortified. I assured him it will get better. (Hey they promised me it would) I heard him from my bed on the phone with his mother and others saying they butchered her. (Some things in life you never want to hear and that was one of them.)

It didn't get better only worse. I have been called Frankenhead, scarface, etc. I don't go out unless I have to. I don't go to my husbands work functions or social places anymore. I am ashamed. I have an infection that at this point no one knows what is causing it, and am told I will probably end up in hospital on IV therapy. Antibiotics start to lessen the swelling then full force it comes back. Last time I saw Dr. C 7/09 I said fix this, he said I can't I don't even know what this infection is.

Note: My last visit was almost 4 months post op. There were many people in the office waiting for the procedure. They would not let me in the waiting room. They quickly wisked me into another room. Then quickly out the back door after seeing Dr and office Mgr.

The Mgr said oh it is not that bad. My reply was, well if it is not that bad let me go in the waiting room and show my face and see how many people out there decide to stay. She said no not all people heal the same, and you are the only one with a complaint. I reminded her that I have had surgeries before and pulled my pants down in the back area surgical site and showed her my back scar which you can barely see. Then I said next excuse.

I wish I had went to that waiting room, I wish I could have saved all those innocent people from the lies. I requested my pictures ASAP or I was going to come & sit in their waiting room until I got them. They sent my pictures, all dark and hard to see and I am still waiting on my medical records!

I plan to pursue this with all my heart, soul, and mind. I want to join with others who have went through this living hell, as they must be stopped. Realself, thank you for being here and allowing us to be able to warn other women of what can happen to you if you choose this procedure. God Bless.

Farmington Facial Plastic Surgeon

I chose this place because of the infomercials, the Internet, the advertisement of as seen on ABC, NBC, CBS Montel, and Fox. I had a lady in a white lab coat come into the room posing as a medical professional. My procedure was done 4/09Note Dr. also has a private practice.

1 out of 5 stars Overall rating
Was this review helpful? 645 others found this helpful

Comments (257)

Sort by

My redness went away very quickly about 10 days I think it was not much of an issue for me.
thank you
How long did it take the redness from the laser to go away. Was your face blotchy
it is obvious we did not have the same experience... 2 dr photos were at the office, not mine, and i was told the dr i had was new to chicago coming from the detroit office (troy) i found out later that was not true, he was from chicago.. the service had no record of him so i had no one to talk to when i had problems with excessive draining.. my dr provided no instructions for 'post care'.. when i asked the gal that had held my hand (until she couldnt stand my screaming and left) gave me the instruction sheet one of the 'other' drs gave her patients.. i expect with all these offices this may now be a francise.. each office probably hires its drs and runs it differently... with no consultation, without the office requesting my medical records from my dr.. i should have backed out, and thought about it, but they had my money (in advance).. as i stated earlier, it is obvious we did not have the same experience.. consider youself fortunate... i still dont understand how he could do the work on the muscles and tendons in that short a period of time and under those conditions.. this is a mystery to me... i may be wrong but my understanding is, the muscles are not pulled and stitched but instead exposed and surgically adjusted to tighten then the skin goes back and is stitched.. im glad you are happy with your results.. but again, its obvious we all did not have the same care..
My surgery took about 31/2 hrs I dont think that is fast I had three proceederes plus laser .
My dr was Dr Filiberto from Maitland Fl. I have no problem with him except it took so long to heal I called on a Sunday and they put me through to his house and I spoke to him at that time. I also talked to him before my surgery.
deb... you said you met with other surgeons for consultations, did you meet with your surgeon at lifestyle before the day of your surgery.. i did not meet with the dr for a consultation prior to surgery.. the 'sales girl' qualified my bank account, i did not sign a release of my medical records for the dr to review and qualify if i could have any surgery.. i only filled out a form with what i believed to be my health at that time when i asked about the 'muscle and tendons' the sales girl said to talk to the dr.. day of the surgery his answer was yes .. but the pulling was only to remove the extra skin and close the wound.. it is my understanding to 'address' the understurcture would require peeling the skin back and a sterile room.. not an office with people coming and going during the surgery.. it would cause some blood supplies to be compromised resulting in swelling and brusing and a longer recover time.. watch the lifestyle website for the drs to change.. also check the resumes.. it tells where they studied, schools and hospitals but doesnt state if they are affiliated with any hospitals ... see other surgeons websites and they list the hospital or hospitals where they have affiliations... why would they leave this easy money.. do a surgery during their lunch and get a big pay check.. i dont know if you got what you think you paid for but if you are happy with the results, you are one of the lucky ones..
I met with the DR twice before the surgery and after he even called me twice at home to see how I was doing.
I think the Drs change a lot is because they go out on their own and dont have to pay LSL a portion it is not because they disappear Everything in the Ft Lauderdale office was very sterile I never felt compromised.
I know I got what I paid for because I was aware of everything that was going on.
Most of the Drs that work with them also have their own offices or are partners elsewhere they have contracts with these people not to push their private practice.
If I need anything else done in the future I will look up the Dr I had and do it with him personally because he does other surgerys.
WOw...THANK YOU...I will pass this on to others!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

This comment does not follow our Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service. We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.
It never works at all/ I get the messages and then when it goes to that page it is BLANK

We actually used to have pages in chronological order, without the "threaded" replies that we have now. People had trouble figuring out when they were being replied to, since it just went to the bottom of 100s of other comments, so there are pros and cons to both ways.

When you click the link, it's meant to jump to the correct comment, no matter where it is on the page. Does this happen for any of you? (It does work for me, fwiw.) It might be a problem with certain web browsers or email programs, but we'll get to the bottom of it!

I am getting messages from real self team and all of them are old messages some as far back ad 09....I had at lease 3 or 4 this morning....


Thank you for letting me know that they are aware of the problem...Maybe it will be fixed from here out. It did work for me this morning...BJ
I agree to that. The dates need to be in order not scattered around mixed up with old and new all together.....BJ
It's because people type in comments as replies to to older posts and they go in underneith the posts they are replying to. The program is supposed to to scroll directly to the update or new comment but they've had trouble. I let sharon know and mine is working now. Bad ol things trying to interfear out there I expect. 2t
have it SORT the comments to 'most recent' instead of first to last.
It is not a well designed set up.
I hope real self improves their design.
When I am notified from Real Self that there is an update and I click on the link I cannot find the update....most are written 2009 some 2010. You have to scroll through all to try and find July 2011. I have yet to find the last two that was sent me for July.... A little confusing to say the least! BJ
I agree with you. can never find an update
What has happened??? I've had the same problem. I contacted RS and they are trying to fix it. Just keep emailing them if you have a problem, and this might help them get the system fixed.

It's a real mess to try to find updates. Makes me wonder if they've been infected by a virus. I've been really having to watch my security on my computer. So for all you hackers out there, your days are numbered!

I am happy to hear that I am not the only one with this problem. I was beginning to think it was just me. The dates are all mixed up from 2007 - 2011
Dear Observant, from june 22, '11.
Who said what??? Who doesn't clean their fingernails?
2Trusting, "Observant" which by name is a indication that one would read before posting something as ridiculous as the following, "I just wonder if you got the infection from your fingernails. To think that you are a medical professional and don't even clean your fingernails makes me wonder if you are incompetent. I would have at least cleaned my fingernails before having pictures posted on a public website. Clean hands and fingernails are basic cleanliness and important to preventing and spreading infections. Hopefully, if you are a medical professional I will never need your assistance. I would not want anyone touching me with those hands." Can you believe this, indicating that Morgan has caused her own infection. This is another case of being slammed by someone who either is an "Other" (a LSL poser) or someone of very simple intelligence. I really hate to make this personal but in no way is this post even remotely "Observant" or accurate. After what Morgan has been through, only a heartless, mean individual would even post such spew. This guy needs to get a life and give up on observing. Chrystal Eckes
Chrystal...I just love you. You SPEAK THE TRUTH!!
has anyone had lasser at lifestyle. How long did it to to heal. 14 weeks and still have redness. blotchy and broken blood vessels