Just Had Sculptra. So Far So Good - London, UK

I've had my first treatment. I'm doing one...

I've had my first treatment. I'm doing one vial at a time so I can monitor it. I was told I'd need two maybe three vials. My doctor was very good. He really emphasized the "massaging".

He says its VERY VERY VERY important. I had under my eyes and around my temple done. I lost volume in my cheeks and my eyes looked droopy and baggy. I had developed a "sad" look.

I noticed a little lump on my left temple but when I got home I sat in front of the mirror and gave the areas done a good massage, paying close attention to the lump. I massaged it until I felt it looked smooth. I spent longer than 5 minutes massaging the treated areas.

My doctor said massaging is good. I wasn't in danger of 'over massaging'. I'll massage through out the day. Maybe not too intense. I'll just keep an eye on it to make sure no lumps are forming.

I like the way I look now but I was told this is mostly swelling and that I won't see real results until the 2nd or possible 3rd vial is injected. He said I might be able to get away with 2. He said the way I look with the swelling is a good indication of what it will look like when all is done. If that's the case, I'm very pleased. I look fresher and younger, just a bit of redness from the needles, but very good. The needles were uncomfortable for a couple of seconds. Nothing major...a bit 'pinchy'. Very brief. I'll keep massaging and monitoring.

So far I'm very pleased. I look great, not surgeried, just rested and younger. I'll wait until treatment is over before deciding if it was worth it. I'll try to put some pictures up too, just of the areas.

I'M BACK- I had the second Sculptra treatment today. It's been 6 weeks. I was a lot less nervous having already gone through it once. My doctor examined my face first and he was happy to continue. I was told that after the first session, my face would look no different once the swelling was gone. I was told that the 2nd treatment showed more of a result but personally I think my face did look better until the 6th weeek, then my cheeks seemed to "deflate". I should also add that I made sure to keep massaging. I massaged regularly right up until today before my 2nd treatment. So, as before, some cream was applied to the areas I wanted done which numbed the area. I sat for 30 minutes as the cream took effect around the cheek bone area and temples. After 30 minutes my doctor had me lie down and he placed marks on the points where I would be injected. This session was a little more intense than the first one. I had twelve injections altogether. It was uncomfortable at times. I could sometimes hear funny noises as the solution was injected. There were some 'pinching' sensations sometimes when the needles were placed in... altogether I would say it was uncomfortable but not unbearable. . Sometimes I barely felt anything at all. This took about 20/25 minutes. The Doctor massaged the areas from time to time to spead the solution. I had a little bruise under my right eye, nothing major, it looked like I might have poked myself. Afterwards, he stressed the importance of massaging again and I went home. I even did some grocery shopping on the way. Once the numbing cream wears off it feels very sore but again, nothing major. I massaged for 5 solid minutes right away. There were absolutely NO lumps. After the first session I had one little lump under my left eye which scared me. I massaged away. It came back from time to time but I kept a close watch on it and massaged A LOT. This time no lumps whatsoever. I should add that I took Arnica tablets for 2 days before the treatment and I'm continuing to take it for a couple of days more. Arnica helps with bruising. I massage throughout the day. I do a SOLID 5 minutes at least twice a day at the very least. When I massage I take care to smooth firmly over the area that I want volumized. I massage motioning UPWARDS and outwards not in circles, as if I'm spreading something over the areas I want plumped. I think this treatment is very good but it requires patience. The results look natural. I'm very happy with it so far and I might do one more treatment. Again, patience is the key. It's not really a quick fix, but it IS good and you DO see results. I think it's also VERY important that you trust the practioner. Personally, I prefer doctors to 'trained' specialists. It costs more but this is my only face so... Apparently Sculptra lasts for almost 2 years! Worth it.
I just had Sculptra two days ago. I have been massaging at least five times a day but it hurts quite a bit only when massaging. I am 54 and had lost volume in my face. I'm not quite sure how many vials were used but I had at least 10 injections. The Dr. that I used is very knowledgeable in Sculptra and is now training other Plastic Surgeons the technique as well. She is the same age as I am and only uses Sculptra on her own face. She looked great! The nurse who is 51 also has had Sculptra with good results. I am really hoping that after two more treatments I will see results. The Dr. and the assistant said I was a perfect candidate for Sculptra because of the hollowness, thinning in my face so we shall see. I would love to know how you are doing, Daisy after your treatments. Thank you!
I am so very sorry to hear about what happened to you. My doctor did offer to do two vials at the first sitting but I didn't want to. Also, I am constantly scrutinizing my face for changes. I also sleep on my back. I've still not had any adverse reactions, but I do massage constantly. I'm quite paranoid about the whole thing. Perhaps you can visit Goldborne Place in W10 to see if there is anything that can be done to help correct your result. I sincerely wish you all the best.

I'm still seeing the result of the Sculptra...

I'm still seeing the result of the Sculptra after all this time. It looks very good BUT- I'm still massaging/smoothing out the area. I find if I don't carry on'smoothing out' little lumps seem to form.

I had a little lump form under one eye and I was worried but as I kept smoothing out it went away. This only happened under one eye. The other was fine. No problems at all.

Seems the 'smoothing' never stops but that's ok with me. I still look great and I haven't been back since my last session in 2009.

I can also help you here with a recommendation! Have you heard of ATACHE cosmetics? they actually do have a line for wrinkle reduction with Pure Vitamin C, very effective, and of course, not a dermal filler! :) The line is called C Vital and it also stimulates new collagen products. I have heard about it at the same Renew Skin and Health Clinic, and they can also provide you with home care products for this line! We are all fighting against these unsightly wrinkles!!!
hi blighty 50, I would recommend either a better practitioner or Juvederm Voluma as its consistency is much more smoother, preventing thus lumps from appearing. Renew Skin & Health Clinic is the place to go, I have friends going there for some time now, undergoing wrinkle reduction or cheek augmentation procedures and everything turned out just fine! I am also thinking about having a Botox procedure at Renew Clinic as I know the practitioners there are fully qualified. I have seen before-and-after pictures of their previous treatments and you can also check their portfolios of results. They have branches all over England, and of course one in London, so I can warmly recommend them. If you are interested you can check their website and see what their treatments are like on renewskinandhealthclinic.co.uk. Hope this helps you!
Hi Ellen. The lump problem has kept me from doing anymore, thank you for the info!
Doctor Miles Apthorp

My doctor was very knowledgable and experienced. That's half the battle. He spent time studying my face and disuaded me from doing things he thought were not necessary. I trusted him.