I Look Like a Pig After a Rhinoplasty.

I had my Rhinoplasty surgery done 2 months ago and...

I had my Rhinoplasty surgery done 2 months ago and am very worried about my nose.

I had a downward turned tip, which I wanted to be corrected. but now after the surgery where the doctor narrowed my nostrils ,as you can clearly see from the picture, they look large and imbalanced; the left nostril is higher and bigger than the right and everyone can see it, my nose looks upturned like a pig's nose.

I am so scared with the results im seeing, i want someone to tell me if my nose will stay like this, i feel so insecure, i don't want to go out the house or talk to anyone, there is anything i can do with tape to correct this?I am desperate as i had the surgery done in a different country and i can't have access to my surgeon, will I need a second surgery?? I really appreciate your answers.

I am so scared with the results im seeing, i want...

AFETER 2 YEARS, I STILL FEEL MY NOSTRILS ARE TOO...

AFETER 2 YEARS, I STILL FEEL MY NOSTRILS ARE TOO EXPOSED, I LIKE MY NEW NOSE BUT NOT 100% HAPPY ABOUT IT, BEEN CONSIDERING NEW SURGERY BUT TOO SCARED OF THE WHOLE PROCESS AGAIN, AS I FELT SO DEPPRESSED AND UPSET, WILL TRY NEW METHODS OF NOSE RESHAPING WITHOUT SURGERY I WILL UPDATE ON ANY RESULTS.

He never explained to me that with the nose i had before this could happend, and he lie about the recovering time, saying i was going to be fine in 1 month.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

The same terrorising thing happened to me 7 months ago when I got my nose done. I remember taking the cast off and looking at the mirror I immediately got so disappointed, daunted, sad...you name it. I felt as if there was an earthquake in my emotions. I got into depression for two weeks, really. Yes, I felt that bad.

He did the same thing to my nose like they did to yours: upturned tip, bulbous, distracting nostrils that always show, bloated and elf-like. And after all that, they tell me that "it is swollen"(?). "Swollen" is not for upturned noses - the tip was intentionally made to face upwards. Sure, a slightly fatter downturned tip could be swollen and gone in months, but a tip still facing the sky, is quite fat and round after 7 months IS NOT "SWOLLEN".

Thankfully, I'm gonna have my 2nd surgery soon. He explained it all well that he will put my nose down and all.

You said that you like your new nose but not 100% happy. So that's like 50/50? If you're happy with it then leave it, and if you're a girl then a upturned nose won't look bad on you - they suit women, because upturned noses are feminine. I'm a guy and the main reason I hated my new nose for was because it was too feminine - the upturnedness.

I'm glad you stayed patient for two years. You proved that surgeons are usually wrong when they say the tip is still drooping down in a year, when even in two years the they don't. They are as they are ever since the cast is off, I'm sure of it.
Oh no wonder. Thanks
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE THE PICTURE IS? I DON'T SEE HER PICTURE.

She updated her review and removed all of the photos.

Hello your nose looks just the same as mine did you have it done LA .If so I would love to know who the surgeon is.My nose has dropped a little not much and Iam looking into revision .Iam 3 months post op. kind regards
Hi i had a rhino/septoplasty on 10th aug 09 and my nose it too upturned and its getting me down! Is there anyone out there that had this problem and that the upturned tip did actually drop????
I'm really sorry about the pain and worry this caused you, but in my opinion I think your nose will start healing more and forming better. I do not have post-op experience, but my friend has and it took over a year for her nose to fully heal. My friend went through stages of depression also after surgery (which is very normal and accepted) Sometimes, depending on the patient, it can take up to two years for the nose to fully heal. If you are still worrisome I would look for a surgeon who is accredited and affiliated with the american society of plastic surgeons. I know you don't feel this way right now, but you really are a beautiful young lady. Take Care.
I had my nose operated on which looked identical to yours did before and now it is identical to how yours is after surgery. I had mine done 29th July and i am soooooo unhappy. I tried taping and it made my nose sore. There is nothing that you can do now hun but it suits you before and after unlike me :( xx
Yes your nostrils do seem to show too much :(( Don't rush to operate because you don't know if it will drop yet. I actually like your before nose but hope this one can 'work' for you, too.
Fractured nose 4/2009, septoplasty 5/2009. Ended up w/a "saddle nose" from surgery. Two months ago I went through revision septo/rhinoplasty w/cadavier graft to correct the saddle. My nostrils are still very hard and look very wide (like a hipo. My smile is stiff that you can't see my teeth. I look ridiculous. I hate smiling. The sides of my nose near bridge still looks swollen. Every morning I wake up hoping that the nostrils and smile get back to normal. Like they say, it can take up to one year to get your full. results.
I think your nose looks cute! if you don't like how upturned it is, try to move the cartilage by pulling it down a couple of times each day, every day until the shape changes.
This is obviously very common problem. I had the same problem after rhinoplasty;( My nostrils have original different shape but profile is upturned. What bothers me is my "an face" I looked much better before. I don't think that most people desire for perfect cute profile and they don't want to look operated. Actually when surgeons put before/after photos often they don't show you "an face" and that's tricky. I am not planning any revision at the moment. However it is way to early to see your ultimate result. Wait at least 10 months and then find a second opinion. Don't give a chance to your first surgeon to operate on you again! I am sure there is solution for your problem. I know it's hard but stay cool. Good luck Ash:) Take care.
Don't think there was anything wrong with your nose before, I would have been happy, but I also think that your nose doesnt look as bad as you think after surgery! :)
i HAD THE SAME thing happen to me. I am having a super expensive revision in a month to get it fixed. The whole experience mad me so mad at my first doctor. He totally turned my nose up. I have to have my new doctor put rib cartiledge now in my nose to lengthen it b/c my original doctor shortened it too much and turned it way up. BOth of which I never asked him to do in the first place. I totally feel for you. I have seriously not seen any of my old friends b/c I do not want them to see me. I hope that my 2nd surgery that is coming up will go smoothly b/c I can not live forever with my nose like this!! Good Luck. Look for a new doctor that you feel more confident in and hopefully he can fix your problem. Good Luck!!
i had rhinoplasty surgery yesterday, and i am seriously so worried. i still have the splint on, but i can see the tip and it's really turned up. i am so scared it will stay like this. did you have yours altered again after surgery? and if you did, how was it? i will be so angry if this happens to me because i told the surgeon not to turn it up too much!

The tip usually drops after 1-2 months. Here's some related info: Nose tip upturned after Rhinoplasty

Have you seen any change at all?

hello sharon, well yes i've seen the tip dropped a little bit, im doing massage and using tape every nigth, i realized when im in a warm environment my nose behaves well, its not so tigh but when im outside with cold weather my nose turns up again, i dont get it,spoke with the surgeon sais this is a process and i'll have to wait al least 6 months to see a result, i need to be patience, im just scared of not getting the results i expect.:(