I Look Like a Pig After a Rhinoplasty.

I had my Rhinoplasty surgery done 2 months ago and...

I had my Rhinoplasty surgery done 2 months ago and am very worried about my nose.

I had a downward turned tip, which I wanted to be corrected. but now after the surgery where the doctor narrowed my nostrils ,as you can clearly see from the picture, they look large and imbalanced; the left nostril is higher and bigger than the right and everyone can see it, my nose looks upturned like a pig's nose.

I am so scared with the results im seeing, i want someone to tell me if my nose will stay like this, i feel so insecure, i don't want to go out the house or talk to anyone, there is anything i can do with tape to correct this?I am desperate as i had the surgery done in a different country and i can't have access to my surgeon, will I need a second surgery?? I really appreciate your answers.

Hello your nose looks just the same as mine did you have it done LA .If so I would love to know who the surgeon is.My nose has dropped a little not much and Iam looking into revision .Iam 3 months post op. kind regards
Hi i had a rhino/septoplasty on 10th aug 09 and my nose it too upturned and its getting me down! Is there anyone out there that had this problem and that the upturned tip did actually drop????
I'm really sorry about the pain and worry this caused you, but in my opinion I think your nose will start healing more and forming better. I do not have post-op experience, but my friend has and it took over a year for her nose to fully heal. My friend went through stages of depression also after surgery (which is very normal and accepted) Sometimes, depending on the patient, it can take up to two years for the nose to fully heal. If you are still worrisome I would look for a surgeon who is accredited and affiliated with the american society of plastic surgeons. I know you don't feel this way right now, but you really are a beautiful young lady. Take Care.

I am so scared with the results im seeing, i want...

Oh no wonder. Thanks
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE THE PICTURE IS? I DON'T SEE HER PICTURE.

She updated her review and removed all of the photos.

AFETER 2 YEARS, I STILL FEEL MY NOSTRILS ARE TOO...

AFETER 2 YEARS, I STILL FEEL MY NOSTRILS ARE TOO EXPOSED, I LIKE MY NEW NOSE BUT NOT 100% HAPPY ABOUT IT, BEEN CONSIDERING NEW SURGERY BUT TOO SCARED OF THE WHOLE PROCESS AGAIN, AS I FELT SO DEPPRESSED AND UPSET, WILL TRY NEW METHODS OF NOSE RESHAPING WITHOUT SURGERY I WILL UPDATE ON ANY RESULTS.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

The same terrorising thing happened to me 7 months ago when I got my nose done. I remember taking the cast off and looking at the mirror I immediately got so disappointed, daunted, sad...you name it. I felt as if there was an earthquake in my emotions. I got into depression for two weeks, really. Yes, I felt that bad.

He did the same thing to my nose like they did to yours: upturned tip, bulbous, distracting nostrils that always show, bloated and elf-like. And after all that, they tell me that "it is swollen"(?). "Swollen" is not for upturned noses - the tip was intentionally made to face upwards. Sure, a slightly fatter downturned tip could be swollen and gone in months, but a tip still facing the sky, is quite fat and round after 7 months IS NOT "SWOLLEN".

Thankfully, I'm gonna have my 2nd surgery soon. He explained it all well that he will put my nose down and all.

You said that you like your new nose but not 100% happy. So that's like 50/50? If you're happy with it then leave it, and if you're a girl then a upturned nose won't look bad on you - they suit women, because upturned noses are feminine. I'm a guy and the main reason I hated my new nose for was because it was too feminine - the upturnedness.

I'm glad you stayed patient for two years. You proved that surgeons are usually wrong when they say the tip is still drooping down in a year, when even in two years the they don't. They are as they are ever since the cast is off, I'm sure of it.

He never explained to me that with the nose i had before this could happend, and he lie about the recovering time, saying i was going to be fine in 1 month.