I Had Both Thermage/Botox Done - Hoping to Maintain my Look

Thermage: I had thermage done about 4 years ago. ...

Thermage: I had thermage done about 4 years ago. Did I see results? Minimal so I went back to the doctor for my four month follow-up and viewed the before/after pics and there were "suble" changes. I did not see "dramatic" results - but when I viewed my photos it was visible that thermage "helped" - it's not a wonder treatment - I think this procedure is good on women in their 30s early 40s looking to appear "refreshed" - I would not go into the treament with "high expectations" because you will be disappointed.

Read up on the procedure thoroughly - the message boards are very very discouraging - why? Thermage is for a very small group of people who have a thin face and are in the very early stages of wrinkles/skin sagging - very very early stages. Your doctor has to be the one to tell you if you are a good candidate for the procedure. Themage pretty much makes you looked "well rested" - if you expect anymore than that you need to look into a facelift. It's it's expensive ($1500) and hurts like hell.

Yesterday (7/28/09) I had my second thermage procedure done (after 4 years) from midface to neck. Let me tell you even though they used a topical gel, 2 percocets and 1 lorazapam for anxiety (spelled incorrect, I am sure) I felt every bit of pain. Especially once the doctor started working on my lower chin area. No pain, no gain is the way I look at it - the higher the settings, the better the results. If you are one that cannot tolerate pain and when I say pain I am talking pain that is moreso "untolerable" than don't even bother because the doctor will have to use a lower setting to accommodate your pain level and you most likely will not see any results.

Anyhow...after my procedure I had botox injected around my crows feet and forhead (botox is like gold to me - I love it - it's the wonder youth drug with immediate results). The total cost of thermage/botox came to $1870 and mind you that was after my $75.00 discount for botox and 10% discount for thermage - which was like $150 so without all the discounts it would have ran well over $2000.

As for my results on the procedure I had done yesterday - I look "rested" and during the course of the next few months I should be able to see some additional differences but nothing dramatic. Only after reviewing the before/after pics will I be able to determine if I got my money's worth this time around.

There's no other procedure other than surgical and I am not ready for that - I am only 41 and trying to maintain my skin elasticity/wrinkles - so I feel between thermage/botox and restalyn (had that done around the nostril area back in Feb - fabulous stuff - immediate results - love it). I think I will be able to maintain my present look (no...not look 20 years younger) for the meantime.

Hi Tawktame, your recommandation of Thermage for small faces is very risky, because it becomes still diminishes. Who wants to look ill? This is our result. And my wife had a small face and now needs a lot of filler - I too. But we never will reach our good condition before Thermage. So Botox seems so be often a better and much cheaper alternative.