I Am Concerned About Late Side Effect (Left Eyelid Drooping) of Dysport Injection - Ft.Lauderdale, FL

Hello. Two weeks ago I had Dysport injection on my...

Hello. Two weeks ago I had Dysport injection on my forehead and eyes ares. the day after theinjection I had some headache and drooping eyelids and soon recovered from the side effects.

Two days ago I noticed that my left eyelid drooped again. The right eyelid is fine. I am very concern since this is the third time I have this type of treatment in intervals of 6 months and never had side effects before. However, my other 2 treatment were done with botox.

Is it possible that th is a late side effect of the dysport? How can Itake care of this problem. I discussed about ths problem wit my surgeon ver the phone since he is out of town, and made an appointment to see him on Monday. I am really concerned about it :-(...

Amanda, I think I have been a bit too passive. The pharmaceutical company has had plenty of time and research money to make this drug safe and useful to the public. I will back you and any lawsuit you deem suitable.
Sorry Amanda, I find it hard to jump on board, as the medical spa I went to had me sign a lengthy waiver about the side affects. I feel foolish as I bought Dysport as an online special and did not check any credentials of the staff. I think the most proactive thing I can do now is to warn all others to not consider using dysport!!
Let me add to that, after reading other comments... in photographs SINCE the Dysport, I haven't even looked like myself. My smile, cheeks and eyes all look weird, as if it's not even me. I've commented to friends that I look very pretty in photos from last year, but every pic since the injection makes me look 10 years old, and as if I was in some sort of accident or had a stroke.

I just had my AHA! moment in reading other comments. I had been thinking maybe it was stress or being tired, but now I realize it's from the Dysport.

I'm going to repeat the thought that a class action lawsuit is in order here. This stuff is dangerous and should be taken off the market. If Big Tobacco can be held accountable for lung cancer (when people CHOOSE to smoke), then the Pharmaceuticals should be held liable for this.
Meant to say 10 years OLDER. (LOL)
UPDATE: it's now almost 5 months since the injections. The first week is a false positive, because you think it worked... was excited by the arched eyebrows (which lasted less than a week), and then... it all turns to crap. My forehead dropped, which pushed my eyebrows down, which pushed my eyelids down. I looked like I had a stroke, and had a very angry expression. The whole point of this was to look younger and feel good about myself. Instead, I've been depressed and devastated since the summer.

The doctor has now admitted that Dysport seems to "spread" to unwanted areas. In other words, it doesn't stay where you inject it. It travels. She said Botox seems to stay more concentrated... she said that she's had other patients have the same complaints and problems.

I have the same eyestrain that another gal mentioned, and tire easily because I'm trying to lift my lids to compensate for the Dysport effect. So far the lids have not returned to normal, and I fear they won't, which probably means surgery!

I think Dysport should be held accountable, and if anyone here is interested in joining together for a class action lawsuit, I think there are enough of us with similar problems, that Dysport should be sued.
Sorry for the duplicate post!
Hi, I just found your posts. I had Dysport in June 2012. Same thing. Very physically sick and still am. I have a permanent droopy right eye and terrible weird lines all around my forehead and eyes that never existed before. I look at least 10 years older than before the Dysport. It's the physical stuff that has been the scariest. Where do you stand with the lawsuit? I want in. The doctor bills and alternative medicines alone are piling up. All because of Dysport. I was a super healthy, vibrant, energetic woman, who now has a very compromised life.
It is now 4 months later since those hideous results. As another woman described, yes, it was as if my face had a stroke! Don't be fooled by the first week of results. I was excited by my arched eyebrows the first week.. and then BOOM! My forehead dropped, which dropped the eyebrows, which pushed my eyelids down. I looked like a very angry, old woman for a month!

The doctor has now admitted that Dysport seems to "spread" to other areas/muscles, and doesn't stay where it should. She said many clients are going back to Botox as a result.

It's been a total of 5 months since my injections, and I'd say my eyebrows are finally back to where they should be, BUT my eyelids are not! I also have the aforementioned eyestrain, and tire easily because I have to work harder to lift my eyelids enough to see. I will probably need eyelid surgery, and I think Dysport should pay for it. This stuff was supposed to make me look younger and feel better about myself. Instead, I'm depressed and embarrassed, and look like I aged as a result.

Anyone interested in going in on a class action lawsuit?
I Agree with you, I am very sad over what has happed to me and to others .. These doctors are only in it for the money, and the first thing they do before injecting you, is throw a malpractice waver in front of you to sign too take them off the hook, and stupid you, You sign it !! .. On Friday, January 18 / 2013, just 10 days ago I had a Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon Dr. Handle screw me up good with Dysport, my first time ever using anything, now my Left Eye Brow is much lower than my Right Eye Brow as it is much higher, and my Right Eye Lid is near closing and I have a big bruise on my Left cheek bone .. This did not show up until about four days after the injections, then one morning I woke up and my Right eye was almost closed, I was HORRIFIED !!! I could not believe it, I called the doctor, and with a cavalier attitude he said, in about three weeks the Dysport will wear off and the Eyelid will return back to normal, there must have been another sucker waiting for him to see, because he droped me like a Hot Potato !! He got his money, and now on to the next patient ... So we are on our own, and must promise never to do this again, and that we all go back to normal soon again ... I have noticed, that when you come on to strong about your personal experience that it is not published I hope this gets through, And Yes, Dysport needs to be taken off the market, it is to Dangerous to use !!! ... I would appreciate a Reply ..
Hell yeah!! Ive been getting botox for 12 years never had a problem and i tried dysport and let a nurse inject me trusting her experience and i look like i have palsy!! Very upset and depressed!

I bought 50 units of Dysport for $99 and also qualified for a $50 rebate if I got the injections before the New year. 50 units sounded like a lot for so little money and I was soon disappointed to learn at the office that they must use three times the units than with botox to get the same results. Now I am incredibly unhappy with the results. My left eyebrow now has a high arch while my right eyebrow is flat and straight across. My left eyelid has sagged and drooped so badly that I know longer have a visible eyelid. I feel I look much older with this side effect and I would like to request my money back. Has anyone successfully done this?? Would I request a refund from Dysport or the Medical spa that did the injections?

I will never use Dysport again!

I have only seen 1 response here that says it goes away. Has anyone else seen a change back to the original way they looked. I feel like i need anti-anxiety meds to get through this. I will never let anyone touch my face again. Growing old is OK by me.
I am totally back to normal :) It took a good 7-8 months to look better and not have it constantly on my mind and not to be self conscious about it any more. It is totally gone by at least 11-12 mo.
Have faith, you will get there I promise.
Hi Alliesmom, I am so happy for you, I hope that I will be as fortunate .. Alliesmom, was your eyelid almost closed ? was your eyelid skin hanging over your eyesight ? well mine is .. I had the Dysport used on January 18 / 2013 by a well known Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon, and a few days later I woke up with my Right eye closed , if you read about our sister KensiKat, her problem is exactly the same thing that happened to me .. My Left eyebrow is low And my Right eyebrow has a high arch with a almosed closed eyelid .. I also have deep laugh lines on the outside of both eyes that I never had before, and deep crease onthe top of my nose and a big bruise on my left cheek .. The only thing that I can say is, my forehead is smooth Walla !! .. I went back to the surgeon to show him my drooped eyelid, and to make a long story short, the doctor said, every thing will return back to normal in about three weeks after the Dysport has worn off , Is He Kidding !! from what I have been reading, it takes many, many months and even years.. Here is a surgeon who told me that he injects his Mother and his wife, and his friends .. While I was in his examining room waiting to be injected, I picked up a magazine and turned to a page that gave all the warnings about the after effects of using Dysport and Botox, when the doctor came in I said , doctor, I have just read some very frightening things about all the after effects that you can get if you use Dysport or Botox, AND he said, it is not true, it is very safe !! if it wasn't, I wouldn't be using it on my Mother or my wife or my friends .. SO stupid me, I could have saved myself at that given moment from this horrible disfigurment if only I had used my better judgement .. The nurse came in with the malpractice papers for me to sign, and I, stupid me, I signed them, then the doctor, the injector came in, and injected the Dysport , I was not told that I was going to be injected with Dysport, I thought it was Botox, I at that time had never heard of Dysport, being the first time I had ever had anything done before ..Please, YOU must be smart ( I wasn't ) and realize that it is all money with these Plastic Surgeons, once you sign those malpractice papers and they get your money and something happens, they do not want to hear from you, You Are an after thought, And you can not do anything about it !! And they are off to the next patient !! .. I Know I Will Never Do This Again !! I just pray that we all go back to normal soon ...
No my upper eyelid was fine but my lower lid hung low and I could not close it enough to keep from getting soap in my eyes in the shower. That lasted a couple of months, the thing that took so long was the droop in my face and smile. You will get better, it just takes time! It will happen I promise. My Derm that did it felt really bad and gave me my money back, his nurse called and checked on me a lot and was very sympathetic. I felt he cared so that made it a little better.
Had 100 units of Dysport on Sept. 13 and within 24 hours my forehead and the area in between my eyes looked great! Now for the bad news, a week later I looked as though I had experienced a slight stroke on my right side. I have drooping in my right eyelid area to the extent that my vision is impacted and I tire easily (probably from all of the straining to read). At this time, I cannot apply any eye shadow as my lids are almost on top of my eye lashes. Eyeliner smears onto the eyelids because of the reduced distance between the lashes and eyebrow. Dysport is an amazing injectable and lasts a very long time, but the eyelid drooping is a major drawback. My last Dysport treatment resulted in a wait of about 18 weeks for my eyes to return to their undrooped appearance. As for Botox injections, I never experienced any drooping lids but the overall result was not as impressive. In life, it seems as though everything is a trade-off. I desperately want my wide-eye expression to return and the opportunity to read without straining and experiencing eye fatigue.
Do NOT get Dysport. Terrible headache for 3 weeks now. My entire forehead and eyebrows dropped. Droopy heavy eyelids. Blurred vision. Fatigue. And now even my eyebrows have spread wide. I look like a freak. Doctor says, hey don't worry, it'll go away in 3 months. I'm devastated and furious. Won't even try Botox. I should've known better than to put a poison/toxin into my face. I just hope that the droop goes away!
How are you today?
I am sorry to hear this! I had my injection on September 1st 2010, the first year was basically a fight for my life, I am now three and a half years post injection,my whole body went numb, terrible pins and needle pain calm a very strange and bizarre creepy crawly sensation all over my body except for the front of my midsection although the nausea was maddening, headaches, full body weakness, my voice became horse and I lost my voice many times for days at a time, bladder control issues, burning itchy skin everywhere, I feel drugged and brain fog all the time, trouble speaking swallowing and breathing, I don't know that I will ever fully be well.
I have the same numbness, pins and needles throughout my body, creepy crawling feeling, exhaustion, dizziness, the sensation that my throat is swelling shut. I am almost 7 months post
Had Botox many times with excellent results. Had first Dysport treatment on August 25. Left eyelid and muscle over eye started drooping Sptember 2 and is getting worse. Feeling of tightness over the eye -- my eyeglasses now irritate my nose and I can barely stand to have them on. Saw my practitioner who prescribed iopidine drops. I will have them tomorrow and hope they work. Feel really stupid for trying Dysport since I never had a problem with Botox. But I do distinctly remember that when the practitioner was doing the injection it felt like the needle was going in lower over the left eye, the eye that is drooping now. I think that this droop is a result of a poorly done injection and not the Dysport itself. I am sick with shame and worry because I have no idea how long this droop will last or even whether it will get worse before it gets better. The area around the eye is very uncomfortable.
I had tightness more so on the upper left side and it has since gone away. It has been a little over 4 months
I had been using botox for at least 8 years, but only getting it twice a year and recently not for about 14 months. I went to my plastic surgeon and he was now doing Dysport. I had it 8 days ago and am noticing that it is harder to raise the area just above the eye lid. I also feel a tightness in my upper ears and tightness in the back of my head. I never had this with botox. anyone know how long the effects last?
Dysport does tend to spread more but botox can very well do the same thing depending on how it is diluted. I had Dysport on May 22 and am just now starting to look a little normal. I looked like I had a stroke on my right side, my smile was cooked in that I could not even hardly lift my top lip to show my teeth when i did smile. I had to go on vacation in Hawaii not being able to smile like I normally do. When i do not smile I look fairly normal. I am just so happy it is wearing off. I will never do any this or botox again, it is not worth the stress and heartache I have gone through. The first 3 weeks I had horrible anxiety attacks too and the spreading didnt stop until almost 4 weeks post injection. I hope you all are doing better.
Hi everyone. I used Dysport appoximately 3 weeks ago. Don't feel bad, I'm a nurse and thought I asked all the right questions. I also have a droopy eyelid that swells at night and is worse in the morning from eye strain. It actually hurts in the eyeball and tears all the time. I think from the relaxed muscle that seems to be laying on it. I too feel silly that I did this for looks. I was on my first cruise with my daughter and was talked into it. The doctor on the ship actually injected me and I don't think he had very much experience with the product. I read that it spreads more than Botox. This was my first time and it was here that I heard about the drops. What actually do they do?? and how much help does it help? I also feel like everyone is looking at me.