Dysport in Forehead & 11's - Now I Have One Droopy Eyelid

I have had Botox once before with pretty good...

I have had Botox once before with pretty good results on the forehead & 11's and it also gave a nice little lift to my eyes.

I received Dysport 2 weeks ago and now I have one droopy eyelid! Ir looks horrible. My forehead & 11's are not smoother than when I used Botox, so I will have to say I like Botox much better. NOW how do I get rid of my droopy eyelid. I can feel that it is very heavy & have a hard time trying to open the eye all the way; the eyelid also seems swollen with a thicker appearance than my other eyelid. HELP!!!!

I was happy with the Botox injections she provided prior to the Dysport.

I have read most of the comments and personal stories about Dysport droopy eye and have benefitted from everyone's experience so I wanted to share my story. I had never done Botox or Dysport but saw a Groupon for a great price and went for it. I originally chose Botox but they had a rebate for Dysport so I took it. I get the sense that doctors are pushing Dysport with reduced costs which now makes me a bit suspicious. I had the Dysport injection between the eyebrows 12 days ago. By day 2, I noticed a very big improvement with frown lines and I was happy because it looked natural. On day 4, I woke up with puffy eyes, bags under eyes, and a right eye droop. As soon as I googled it I knew it was the Dysport. I went back to the doctor who explained it was just bad luck. He suggested I start with Opcon-A drops to activate the parasympathetic nerve in the eye. He acknowledged those drops don't always work (they didn't) and then prescribed Iopidine drops which I started using on day 7. After using the drops for 6 days I noticed the first improvement and now after 7 days on the drops I notice a good improvement. My eye is still not right and those who know me notice it but I no longer look deformed and i don't think it is noticeable to strangers on the street. I share this because even though this situation is horrifying, not to mention disappointing, it is possible to have a reasonably fast improvement. I consulted with a different plastic surgeon who said resolution of droopy eye is 2/3 weeks to 3 months - he had never seen effects lasting as long as the 6-12 months of other people's experiences. One thing the 2nd doctor said is that if you have a propensity for a droopy eye, you could be more susceptible. I do have a very small right droopy eye to start (I notice it but even my mother did not; it's the kind of thing no one notices until you point it out to them). Anyway, if you have any degree of a droopy eye, it makes sense you could be at greater risk. I still don't know if I will do injections again. I still don't know how long it will take for me to get back to normal. I do know it could be worse and I am grateful that after 9 days of droopy eye I am seeing improvement. The hard part for me was telling people I had a vague infection/allergy since I wasn't going to tell most people it was Dysport. Anyway, best wishes to everyone out there with droopy eye experiences. I share your pain.
OMG what a hot mess! My story is very much the same got a great deal on Dysport 250 for 50 units...so i hesitated becouse ive had botox before and loved it . Also Dr Ozz said if its too good to be true it is a red flag....anyways after 5days of my dysport i got a very bad sinus infection and got anibiotics...my Dr and pharmasists were alarmed at the look of my eye..they told me to put heat on my right eye. well i'm done with the 10 day antibiotic and heat on my eyelid and my eye looks very small and i look like a stroke patient!!!! Im soo sad !! any ways... I googled dysport and sure enough Im convinced its dysport! I called in for eye drops but $85 for them ...LOVE BOTOX STAY AWAY FROM DYSPORT....... best of luck to all you out there. stay beautifu!!!!

I've used botox for 8 years now...I tried dysport last week only to end up with a droopy right eye..$825.00 for this,is crazy! I've read that it could be poor placement? Not happy...

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I recently had Dysport injections and both of my eyelids are now heavy and my eyes look smaller. I looked better before the injections and will not use this product again. It is a waste of money.
Hi...I am on day 11 and both my lids are so heavy. I was severely depressed for a week or so and went back to doctor on day 7 to see if he could inject my forehead to raise my eyebrows some? He has no bedside manner and is terrible b/c he's never said sorry or lets make this better! Made me feel like I was bugging him with my concerns! Don't go to Dr. Hiranaka in Kona!!! My forehead and 11s are great but who cares? Do you have a timeline on when the heavy lids will start lifting?? Please tell me!!!!!!!
I had a "full correction" of Dysport. Very, very disappointed. I looked better before the injection. I now have two droopy eyelids and vry loose skin from my inner eye to down toward my cheek. I will never use this product again, Botox is much better.
Dysport has been FDA approved, yes?
I also took the Dysport Challenge and now I too have the dreaded droopy upper eyelids. Seems so odd that one goes to get Dysport to improve ones looks and walks away with just the opposite. I look older and worse than before I had the injections. Just loverly. I am very very unhappy. I certainly hope this droop is not permanent. Bastiges.
I took the "Dysport Challenge" and now get to "sport" the hideous drooping eyelid. Not only does it look extremely unattractive, my right eyelid is heavy and at times, I have blurred vision. One friend even told me I look like I have bell's palsy! Please tell me that this isn't permanent. The procedure was performed by the reputable Wilshire Aesthetics in L.A. but I have not been offered any drops. You can be sure I will ask for some when I "drop in" to see him tomorrow.
The ptosis should improve within a couple weeks. A drop called iopodine can be given to lift the eyelid and improve things. This is a known temporary risk of botox. It will go away with time.
I have the same problem. With injections of Botox my ebrows got lifted with dysport drooped so I don't look relax but tired. I don't like how my face looks generaly after dysport. I wouldn't recomend it. It isn't worth the discount.
Hi, This is my second post asking the few who are reporting the same issue I am having now, droopy eyelid approximately after the injection of Dysport. My clinic said it would probably go away after about 7 to 10 days or I could get the expensive eye drops, but to wait to see if I needed them. What happened with you? Thanks, V
I had my first Dysport injection today. My doctor informed me about a possible eye drooping side effect. He said if it happened, there were eye drops that could be taken for three weeks to bring the eye back to normal. I don't know the name of the eye drops. I assume it's by prescription only. But DO CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR. And as far as my results, it's been 12 hours and I haven't seen one improvement yet. I've read that effects can be in as little as 2-3 days, so I assumed I'd start to see a little progression by now. I still look mean and mad with my scowl-y eyes!!