Gained 10 Pounds a Few Months After Tummy Tuck

I love the results to my tummy tuck for the most...

I love the results to my tummy tuck for the most part.

Although I went on a major diet and exercise regime before and lost more weight and now I have gained about 10 pounds only a few months after the procedure and I am concerned I could have stretched out the muscle. Is this possible?

Can I stretch out my tummy tuck muscles with a 10 pound weigh gain a few months after the procedure?

Great notes everyone! I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to submit a photo with out your face showing so I can see exactly what the weight gain issues could look like. I am seriously considering getting a tummy tuck but I am so worried what I would look like if I put on weight after surgery. Everything I read it says the fat is re-distributed once you have surgery. I'm wondering when you gain weight do you gain it evenly in the tummy after surgery or do you end up looking lumpy? I would really appreciate anyone's help. Thanks, Nancy
I know what you mean---I can wake up feeling really flat on my stomach and then even when eating really low-cal healthy foods and exercising gradually throughout the day I feel really bloated---my doctor did try and drain with a needle but nothing came from it--he still thinks it is swelling. Even so it is better than the extra sagging skin I had. I am sure with you it will take time you are pretty early in the process. The nurse did tell me that things will fit differently and that my old pants might never fit---because of the reconfiguring of your figure. I do see that my shape is different.
I had surgery 18 days ago and I am still swollen, tight and I have a hard time walking but it is getting better, I went shopping yesterday and today for an hour to get out and I get tired quickly. I got a breast reduction and a lift at the same time and oh my god this was a painful expereince and I get sad sometimes for no reason,,, My doctor is fantastic great bed side mannor and everyone at the hopsital was wonderful and so has been my family, I just wish it was 6 months down the road,,,
I'm hoping it is just swelling! I go back to my doctor for my 3 month pictures in a week and a half so when he takes a look, I'm sure he will know if it's normal or if I still need to be drained again with the needles. I actually would like it if he drained me if that's what it is. I've been trying to watch what I eat and exercise, but I swear, even if I eat something that is low fat, my upper belly bloats bad.
I didn't have that experience post -op. I actually was needing to buy new clothes because my old ones were falling off me. But now that I am 5 months post-op I am having troubles with weight gain and I am noticing the swelling and the clothes that were falling off now are either too tight or don't fit. I have always struggled with yo-yo dieting. I am 5'4 and got down to 117 lbs before surgery (started at 135) and now I am around 122-128 depending on the day. I definatley don't have the hanging skin or stretch marks but I do notice I am bloated looking---upper stomach too. don't know if that is due to the weight gain up and down. My doctor thinks it is swelling still---seems alittle long to still be having the swelling but I am also a runner and he thinks It is just taking longer due to the amount of physical exercise I do. I am sure if you are only 2 months post op it is still swelling. Sorry to hear you had an infection---scarey! Wish you the best and I guess the only advice I could give you is to wear that support garmet as much as possible to help reduce the swelling---that is what my doctor said to do. I think it just takes time. Good luck.
I bet it is just swelling or if you know you have "fell off the wagon" its not to late to get back on it. I have a question do you or anyone else reading this know when normally you can put you clothes on and be normal again. no garmet no pain just put your clothes on and go? i know i wont fall into that category because of the problems im having but i just wondered when it normally happened.? thanks
It was probably 6 weeks after surgery that I was able to feel like that. I would say a month after surgery I was only wearing the garnment at night and weaned myself off of it over about 1-2 weeks. I really didn't have alot of pain post-op. I had breast implants, tummy tuck, and lipo of my outer thighs. The most painful of all of it were the breasts. I have had 2 c-sections though and the doctor said it is probably an easier surgery due to the possiblity of some of the nerve endings cut during those prior surgeries---giving me less pain. Have you had a tummy tuck recently?
I would like to know about the clothes issue too! I'm a little over two months post tummy tuck, but I still can't button most of my pants. The top part of my stomach (above the belly button) seems to be a lot more swollen than the bottom. Is that normal?? I also had to have fluid drained from my stomach by needles at two weeks post surgery (and it was infected). Could I still have some fluid that needs to be drained after two and a half months?? The bottom of my stomach is really flat and I love it, but just the top seems to be swollen!!
That is what I am hoping. It is what the Doctor said too---although I didn't tell him I gained 10 pounds though. I have always been an yo-yo dieter so it's not unusual for me to gaine 10 pounds easily. I am of course trying again to get back on it---but definatley the results are not what they were right after the procedure. I am still happy though with the results. I have always been able to grab a handful of skin and that is gone. It just isn't as flat as it was---alittle puffy---but maybe in time if I can stick to a diet and exercise routine it will get better. So hard in the summer---fruity drinks and parties with yummy snacks---who says they gain weight in the winter and loose it in the summer---not me!!!

Do you think it could still be swelling?

Another RealSelf member asked about gaining weight post-tummy tuck. Here's her page, with some doctors' advice: Gaining weight after tummy tuck

Hope this helps!