Fraxel Repair Results Were Gone After 3 Months

I had fraxel repair on Jan. 6. I was so excited...

I had fraxel repair on Jan. 6. I was so excited and happy for 3 months. My skin looked great, pores were reduced, the lines were gone, and the skin under my eyes looked like I was 20 again. At the end of April it was like the life was sucked out of my face.

Everything went back to the way I looked before the laser with extras. I now have hollows under my eyes which I never had before. My cheeks just sunk, and I now have an 11 between my eyes. All the little lines around my month are back and every large pore has returned. I just knew it was too good to be true.

My doctor is now putting filler in the hollows and in my cheeks. He wants to redo the laser on the cheeks and around the mouth again. I wish I just had used the $4,500 on filler because I'm back to filler again. The laser redo will be free.

I had hoped the laser would buy me some time before I make a decision to do a facelift. Before you make a decision to laser do your research on all the results of those who are 4-5 months post laser.

I don't blame the Doctor, I believe everyone including the Doctors were lead to believe that this was the answer to less fillers and a substitute for those who didn't want to go under the knife.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I thought it was just me being ridculous but i had something very similar happen to me. I had fraxel Restore done 3 times My face looked very youthful and pretty well treated 8 months later, the left part of my face started sagging YES it happened over night, i remember the exact day i noticed my wrinkles getting stronger my cheek volume getting lower and how it lost volume and texture, and its been consistent like that for 6 months now. I don't know why that happened but it is DEFINITELY very easy to notice the quality of skin difference from the right and left half of my face
It is now almost 5 months since my second fraxel repair. Again no improvement, my face looks the same and it again gave me hollows under my eyes. I had them filled before the second laser. I am spending so much money trying to fix what the laser messed up. I wish I never had it done. My face still has a red tint from the second laser. I don't see any collagen growth, I am more saggy than ever. What a let down, I really believed that this was going to work.
what type of filler do you use under your eyes & cheeks --- i have have the same problem from fraxel repair
Any news? Did the second treatment come out any differently? I also did one area in January (around my mouth) and I have to say that it had basically no result...bummer.
It has been 7 weeks since we redid just my cheeks and around my mouth. To be honest, the skin does look better than the 1st time. The two lines under my lips are still there. I just think the mouth area is so hard to treat. I still do not see any plumping of collagen and it has been 8 months since the 1st repair. I still wish I'd saved my money for a future face lift. I really should have used that money for a liquid face lift (fillers).
Glad you had better results than me. I go back tomorrow to redo cheeks, and around my mouth. It is almost 7 months for me. Hopefully I will see better results this time. Maybe I have stubborn skin and a second shot will do it.
I had mine 4 months ago from today. Yes, some results were given back after 3 months but overall my acne scars and forehead lines have shown improvement with this procedure and I am glad I did it.
I believe you. Wow! all that downtime & redness for just 4 months of results Im gonna stick with fillers & just find a good doc & a less expensive price next time. Good Luck!
can we ask your age?