Fraxel Repair Nightmare

I did fraxel repair for acne scars & sun...

I did fraxel repair for acne scars & sun damaged skin. It was extremely painful even after taking 4mg of xanax & 3 percocet(25 mg total)& they put on numbing cream . I have a high pain tolerance but it was horrible.

Swelling & burned skin was incredibly painful & emotionally traumatic. I felt like a burn victum taking care of my face every 2 hours--having to look at myself this way. I could not stop shaking & crying for the first 3 days.

Today is day #4 and I just noticed that the doctor lasered my eyelashes & hair around my face so half of my eyelashes are gone & all the hair around my face, bangs etc. The laser tech who i did the consultation with said she makes sure that doesnt happen when she is there with the doctor, but she was gone when I had my laser surgery done.

I had fraxel repair done 4 days ago. My doctor accidentally lasered my hair all around my face & now its gone and so are half of my eyelashes. Will they grow back? If not what can I do? This has been the worst 4 days of my life. Horrible experience so far with my face & now I have these others issues with the hair loss. Please help!

They acted like this was going to be a walk in the park. No big deal. They didn't tell me how bad it was going to be or show me pictures of the patients while they were recovering. They only showed me some before & after pictures. Also, Now a may have no eyelashes & missing hair,bangs etc. that may never grow back.

How long did you have the v beam before the pits started forming? I have had the v beam in the past and never had a problem with it. I would flat out ask your doctor if she has seen this before. I had fraxel repair a little two weeks ago and it seems like the more problems you have the more the md just dances and does not tell you what they really think! I like you did not do this to look worse! But now everywhere I go people are staring at me. Hope your healing gets better.
I am 4-5 months post fraxel repair. I am having small pits forming on the outside of my cheeks. After my fraxel, my doctor had to use the v-beam laser on me to help with the healing from the fraxel. After the last v-beam treatment in December I noticed this pit forming on one side of my cheek that I did not have before. Now I am noticing 2 more on other side starting to pit & sink in. Looks like deep acne scars. My cheeks were fine before. My doctor says give it time & see if it fills in. She gave me cream to put on it, but I am worrying that more will keep forming. Has anyone else heard of this happening or had anything like this happen after their fraxel repair. I can't wear my hair away from my face because its so obvious. I did this procedure to look better not worse!
I surely hope things will get better for you! I've had a total of 3 fraxel restores and 1 fraxel repair (forehead only). I wasn't satisfied with the results after the 1st 3 restores and was told that for acne scarring, I would need 4-6 treatments! I'm trying to decide whether I want to have the repair done for the remainder of my face, more $$$ or do some collagen injections which are temp. Please keep me updated.
I am on day 12 post fraxel repair. I am now ready to go out in public, but I need advice on a good sunscreen that won't irritate my skin & moisturizer & foundation. My skin is still very red so I definately need to wear makeup but my skin is so dry I don't know how it will smooth out on my dry skin.
Hi. I had fraxel repair done too about a month ago and my doctor told me to use Neutrogena and Aveena since they are the most natural and won't irritate your skin. I'm still using the creme they gave me with the kit for nights or when i'm not going out. I tried putting some other makeup on and my skin turned a weird color. I think my skin looks best without anything except i have to have a moisturizer. The Neutrogena seems to work good. I needed something for under my eyes and he told me not to use my Benefit erase so i got Neutrogena for that too, and it seems to look ok. I'm just wondering when these circles still under my eyes will go away but i see my doctor tomorrow for a one month followup. Oh i just noticed you posted this nov 9th.
Sagwa, we are on oposit ends of the spectrum. I just had my 3rd Repair done at 70mj-60% and it was a breeze, and I don't think the settings go any higher than I had. I am in day 8 and flying to Florida tomorrow. Give it a wee bit more time, and find out what your treatment levels were.
Sagwa, I'm sure you will continue to look "less scary" with each passing day. I also hope you end up more satisfied with your FR results than I did with mine... 16 months post-FR, the only lasting effects I have from my procedure are hypopigmentation (which I did NOT have pre-FR), thinner skin (definitely not a good thing), and a $5000+ deficit. Live and learn, though... any situation is whatever you decide to make of it. Wishing you and yours a blessed, fabulois weekend! ~AliGrace
I too was disappointed in my fraxel repair results and lost a row of hair at my bang hairline. It grew back with no problem but looked very odd for awhile while it grew out. Good luck to you. I hope you are satisfied with your final results but I certainly wasn't with mine.
How long ago did you have your fraxel done?
I'm so sorry to learn you were/are so traumatized by your Fraxel Re:Pair. Hopefully, it will be worth it in the end. I had FR more than 16 months ago, and I, too, lost a LOT of hair in areas where my doc lasered into my hairline. I can't say for certain whether yours will grow back, but I can tell you mine did. Best of luck to you, doll.
Thanks for your response. I feel better knowing that my hair will probably grow back. I am on day 9 now & am looking & feeling much better. I am not freaking out as much because I no longer look like a monster! I am now just very red & very itchy. Still cant go out.