Fraxel on Stretchmarks

I am african american and I have had fraxel on my...

I am african american and I have had fraxel on my thighs and buttocks and love the results. I have had 2 out of a recommended 6 treatments and I am very happy. There is already a noticeable difference. They obviously won't be completely gone but they will be much lighter. Like anything it depends on your skin and your doctor.

so far I haven't had any problems besides the itching and peeling skin afterwards. You are also left with little brown dots but they fade over a couple weeks.

New York Dermatologic Surgeon

Everyone in the office is very professional and makes you feel very comfortable. I never felt pressured to make a decision about the procedure. I asked a ton of questions and never felt like I was bothering them.

Was the 3600 the total cost for 6 treatments?
6 treatments plus a few extra touch ups (2 in the knee area, one on the butt). The prices are going to vary depending on the body parts you get done. Most places will offer you a package deal if you agree to a set amount of treatments.
Thanks, also where did you go to get the treatments?
Amazing to hear that my darker ladies are seeing results, gives me hope.
Thanks for sharing. I need to get this done ASAP. Mine are brown and I've had em for about 5 years.
Hi, I got mine starting in high school so maybe 8 years but mine were never large. I ended up paying about $4000 total for 5 sessions but my doctor was offering a discount if you purchased a package. I think it was normally $1000/session.
i have done all 6 treatments and i am thrilled!! I am African American and had fraxel on my thighs, butt, and legs. Some marks are completely gone!! I have no more on my thighs and some on my legs are completely gone and others barely visible. They are so faint on my behind. I can finally wear shorts and bathing suits again! I went to Randee Elaine in NYC and I would def recommend. You get dark spots, but they do absolutely fade and sometimes peel. I will do one micro dermabrasion on my butt and maybe they will be completely gone
Hi, I'm considering getting Re:store fraxel done on some stretch marks. I was just wondering how long you had your stretch marks for before you went in for treatments. Also, I was wondering if you didn't mind telling me how much the treatment cost. I'm asking because although I know it is expenseive the treatment prices shown online usually vary. Thanks!
Im a chocolate color maybe a little lighter, my stretch marks are way lighter than my skin tone, like a yellowish brown. Will this work on stretch marks that are not dark?
I know I am late sorry. I had my stretchmarks since the age of 15 when suddenly this scrawny little string bean started to get hips and a more womanly figure rapidly. I believe I got a special where 6 treatments were like $100 per treatment (on larger area like behind). For my thighs it was $90 and knee area $50 per treatment. Most places you will get a discount if you buy a package. The special was advertised in the newspaper and if you just cal them (assuming you live in the NYC area) they will tell you if you ask for a package deal. I had six done on the thighs/behind, around 8 on the knees remember it being just under $2,000 and they let me pay in three installments (you go usually every 6-8 weeks).
@Christal we sound like the same complexion, around caramel and mine were lighter as well. I never got dark stretchmarks and yes it will work provided the people know what they are doing, you follow it up in the recommended time they suggest, and you get at least 6 treatments. The fraxel just forces the inner layers of the skin to break down slightly and then regenerate new, stronger cells with more collagen in a way no cream can ever penetrate. My case is a bit complex because I have like 3 huge birthmarks, one being on my behind other two on inner legs so I plan to first get some laser work done to even everything out then I will get 3-4 more treatments. I definitely think you can do it until the marks completely faint. Different parts of the body may react differently as well depending on the depth of the marks themselves and how well they take the fraxel. I am in bikinis 24/7 with confidence though I despise my birthmarks but I have seen way worse so I count my blessings.
What is the name of this place?
Hello, It is called Randee Elaine in Manhattan.
Where did you get that done? That's an amazing deal!
My treatments were mostly done in 2010, not sure what prices look like now, bit that please is great!
I meant where not when lol
I ended up doing 5 treatments out of the 6 that were recommended. It didn't completely erase them but they are much lighter. My skin heals well so I think that made a huge a difference. Plus my dr. was really good about gradually increasing the intensity to lower the chance of damaging my skin.
Hi, I am interested in having this treatment on my thighs and buttocks. Have you finished your treatments? How do you like the results so far?
Hi my name is Leslie, I'm also African American and would like treatment for my stretchmarks. I was very worried because I didn't think it would work on our skin type, how many treatments have you had?